Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

I’m very curious to get into focus issues for some of the less core cast.

BANNED

I don't care about this book but when I saw one of the spoilers saying that 'Orchis annihilation' aren't worth a damn anymore. I chuckled.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Wow, you bring up some intriguing points. So, this is gonna be a very interesting discussion, even if we don’t agree.

That’s fair. The fact you gave the book a chance beyond more than just issue 1 is enough in my eyes, even if doesn’t account for much as a stranger on the internet.

This is belated too, but to hell with it. I’m also sorry if any personal distress took place in issue 2 for you regarding the scene with Hope and Selene, whatever that may be. Though I’m not aware of what happened, and respect that I don’t need to know, I can tell the scene with Hope and Exodus to Selene hit somewhere personal, which is important to consider regarding everyones point of view. I don’t feel that same for obvious reasons beyond simply I have never been in your position, but I really do hope things are alright. I would much rather you do things that give you joy, rather than spend it on a something ruined for you.

I don’t see it that way. It is more of a revelation of what Mystique’s hand in all this was, in which she was manipulated with empty promises and so she took matters into her own hands as a response of rebelliousness and because she deserved better than what she was given based on recent actions for Krakoa. (Not counting her past, considering all villains seemingly got their chance to prove they are on board with the unity of Krakoa)

Of which is why I don’t get why some people are even defending Charles at this point. Mystique may not have been a good person prior to Krakoa, but ever since afterwards, she has been nothing but an asset and even after learning of Charles betrayal, she still sought the interest of Krakoa. Granted, it was alongside her own interest, but it’s far more benevolent than any other route she could have taken (I.e. burn that island to the ground).

From what I can see, no one other than Charles seems to be blaming Mystique’s actions. In fact, the one person other than Storm and Kurt who is upholding a standard of morality, Kate Pryde, is taking Mystiqeu’s side on this feels like more of a Council vs Charles Xavier type deal to me. I am sincerely hoping Charles is being cut off from having any of the power he used to have as a council member beyond his one vote and being a mascot to Krakoa. Cuz, clearly, he can’t be trusted.

Plot-convenience? Lol!

That aside for an in-universe explanation: Who knows?

It is possible for Precogs to be blocked for some reason or another. Red Skull had telepathically blocked Blindfold’s precognition before and I think there were times where Mantis’ precognition was rendered useless (though I can’t remember any specifics). Given that these Moira’s aren’t exactly running around doing things, it might be as simple as Moira not being in the shot of the important events that take place because the Moira’s are in stasis until Sinister is ready to kill them.

Irene is a powerful precog, but she isn’t omniscient that can follow every character.

Agreed. Confirmation that Moira does indeed erase (or at least ends) timelines with each death is great info and displays Emma’s fears to be valid. (Even if Emma didn’t know for certain)

Not certain what that means, but I am curious how this will effect Destiny’s relationship with Mystique. Destiny is for all intents and purposes giving Mystique hope that she will see the diary entries. I’m simply hoping Mystique is just a blind spot on Irene’s powers, since this arc can go many ways before and after Mystique finds out about her future. (I’m very certain Mystique will find out)

I personally like mutant Sinister, but I loathe the existence of the “real Sinister”. The original Sinister was thrilled at the prospect of mutants appearing to serve his theory correct and explore the horrific testing of mutant experimentation. There should be no prejudice in-character for Sinister.
    It’s a given these days that any antagonist in an X-book needs to be a racist these days. The Otherworld is suddenly racist, Gyrich has beef speicifically with mutants when he’s never shown them any special hatred over his usual hate for any powered being, the Shi’ar have apparently been persecuting mutants since before Homo sapiens were a thing.

Honestly having a secret Sinister who hates Mutants is hardly the largest deviation this era has given us

Astonishing Member

I don’t know if Charles is aware of that. Was it ever confirmed that Mystique and Destiny told Emma or Charles about Moira’s hidden plan? Because I thought the Council was only filled in about what Charles was hiding.
    It would be very weird if it wasn’t brought up, especially since as telepaths they could have probably shown Charles the evidence. And they don’t really have a reason not to

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    It’s a given these days that any antagonist in an X-book needs to be a racist these days. The Otherworld is suddenly racist, Gyrich has beef speicifically with mutants when he’s never shown them any special hatred over his usual hate for any powered being, the Shi’ar have apparently been persecuting mutants since before Homo sapiens were a thing.

Honestly having a secret Sinister who hates Mutants is hardly the largest deviation this era has given us
    I agree that RACISM!!! Is too often used as a simple way to mark a character as a villain these days... it's kinda lazy, the easiest path...

Taking into account latest developments, I think many people have reasons to oppose Krakoa without being straight up racists... I mean, if you add what happened in Otherworld and Terra Verde, that Magneto and Apocalypse are paraded around openly, and what Xavier did to Reed Richards, I think many non-racist people should oppose Krakoa...

But making their opponent racist is an easy way to signal what side of the conflict we are supposed to root for...

Have you seen the real world? It is full of racist people without a motivation for it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Not enough talk about god mode Exodus like wtf dude was like the one above all
    Man ,this has me intrigued, like dude ascended to Godhood, through his power ,but stayed of one mind with Hope sitting on his shoulder as the Phoenix..No wonder Sinister said Hope on the council will precipitate 'disasters' and is petrified of the knight, he was taunting him.as a loser ,but seems to me like Paris annihilates Sinister probably most of the timelines. Can't wait for the Exodus issue..Gillen wasn't playing when he said he will probably do the biggest work with Exodus.

Personally, I think that spot should go to Jean, but to each their own. All things considered, Exodus does need more love and so far Gillen is delivering in the characterization department. If the alternate future is an unspoken promise, Exodus probably will get some love in the feats department too.
    I am okay with Omega Telepathy, Omega Telekinesis and Omega Psionic Reality Warping being separate things... if Jean were Omega Everything Psionic she would de facto become Phoenix again, and we all know how Marvel handles that...

Astonishing Member

From what I can tell, Destiny’s dialogue implies that that is an alternate universe where Exodus became the Phoenix. It’s a little too ambiguous to say for certain (which is on-brand for Destiny, so I won’t fault Gillen for the lack of clarity). The hints I believe lead to this conclusion are the fact that Gillen focuses on on Destiny’s ability to see different timelines earlier on and Destiny them states as she sees the vision of Exodus and Sinister that she is actively looking for something that could help direct the future.

Edit: According to the scan, the implication is that this is the timeline that lasted the longest. It is called ‘The Expanse’ in the page with a mapping of different timelines and Destiny specifically mentions one word ‘expanse’. Thus, I’m inclined to firmly cement this idea that Exodus being Phoenix is an alternate timeline.

On the next panel it is clear ,there is a tiny individual (likely Hope)who is the Phoenix, sitting on his shoulder as he talks to Sinister.While they are clearly of one mind,I think Exodus through worship of mutants has his power grow to cosmic entity level equal to the Phoenix but he is not the Phoenix vessel .Although it would not surprise me if in this alternate future they form a triune being sort of like 'Father-Exodus', 'Mother-Hope' and 'Holy Spirit-Phoenix' since we know there are a lot of Christian concepts in this mutant church empire.Though this does tease the potential that at some point Exodus could become a god or a phoenix vessel at the very least.

On Charles' whining about Mystique and Destiny interfering with his plans and about him and Erik and Moira brought them paradise...he does remember that Moira planned Krakoa to douse every single mutant in concentrated mutant cure, right?.
    I still think that's stupid. All Moira had to do was to leak her cure when mutants were at their lowest after M-Day or after M-Pox, and the world's governments would take care of the rest... Why would Moira help bring back hundreds of thousands of mutants if her end goal were to wipe mutants? It doesn't make sense, I don't buy it...

Mighty Member

This issue was great. So Mystique is going to die soon? How can that be when all mutants are supposed to be immortal due to resurrection by the five?

Don't understand that bit about Moira though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    I still think that's stupid. All Moira had to do was to leak her cure when mutants were at their lowest after M-Day or after M-Pox, and the world's governments would take care of the rest... Why would Moira help bring back hundreds of thousands of mutants if her end goal were to wipe mutants? It doesn't make sense, I don't buy it...
    There are two options either Moira was bluffing(because short of having this cure in life 10 ,it is inconsequential with the way her own death negates any timeline she re-sets anyway) or she is talking about life 10B(which could mean Sinister is the 'trickster titan') and she has some muddy recall of at least one iteration of her re-set beyond life 10..where OS -if she is not the android Moira of now-changes the timeline,Moira does make this cure as a current android and ascends with the Phalanx.It's convoluted though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    This issue was great. So Mystique is going to die soon? How can that be when all mutants are supposed to be immortal due to resurrection by the five?

Don't understand that bit about Moira though.
    I think if my understanding is correct Destiny is fated to die for mutantdom to win, but because Mystique's love for her is so strong ,in every future that Mystique brings her back, disaster follows. For that reason Mystique has become a nexus herself. So for whatever reason either intentional or happenstance whatever future Destiny sees with mutants winning, Mystique is missing so as not to interfere.Seems like a star crossed love set-up..

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I think if my understanding is correct Destiny is fated to die for mutantdom to win, but because Mystique's love for her is so strong ,in every future that Mystique brings her back, disaster follows. For that reason Mystique has become a nexus herself. So for whatever reason either intentional or happenstance whatever future Destiny sees with mutants winning, Mystique is missing so as not to interfere.Seems like a star crossed love set-up..
    Basically get fukt Mystique.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    On the next panel it is clear ,there is a tiny individual (likely Hope)who is the Phoenix, sitting on his shoulder as he talks to Sinister.While they are clearly of one mind,I think Exodus through worship of mutants has his power grow to cosmic entity level equal to the Phoenix but he is not the Phoenix vessel .Although it would not surprise me if in this alternate future they form a triune being sort of like 'Father-Exodus', 'Mother-Hope' and 'Holy Spirit-Phoenix' since we know there are a lot of Christian concepts in this mutant church empire.Though this does tease the potential that at some point Exodus could become a god or a phoenix vessel at the very least.

In their star sized vessel catching that nasty slime