Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I really like the analogy and wholeheartedly agree.
    Thank you, it's what Duggan said Hickman himself wanted, more or less. Adding to it, I'd say...

X-Men as the "head" = the face, what you *want* people to see... the best of, which = the whole PR *spin* tag
    Immortal's the "tail" = well... the tail, that *wags* the {DRAGON} dog, which = those behind the curtain, the *reality*
    Red has the "claws" = the more visceral *response*... of those reacting to a new, and often *ever-changing* environment

Or, to put it as succinctly as possible:

... I mean, it's even got the 'SUPER' in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's even like the MCU Avengers where they shake up the team roster right when it's getting settled.
    Alas, it was far too SHORT, BUT still...

FOND MEMORIES, and VERY MUCH...

MISSED, THEY will BE!!!!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Cyclops, Jean and Synch got a lot of attention. Polaris a bit. Bur Sunfire, Laura and Rogue really deserved more attention and those are being replaced going in to 'Year Two'. That is the biggest letdown of this series.

Loved the art, loved the writing, should have been longer.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Duggan did well by focusing on Rogue's interpersonal dynamics and dilemmas. I like that he leaned into her relationships with Remy, Irene, Mystique, and Raven. In fact, that's what I want a little more of for Jean and Scott in year two.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Incredible Member

It was a solid first year. In comparison to prior recent X-men books (pre-Krakoa), it is very competent with a mix of believable character and plot developments. It feels minimally connected to the Krakoa nation, which is refreshing.

It only feels lacking in comparison to Immortal X-men, or X-men Red. Those books seem to have paradigm shifting revelations/twists every issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Duggan did well by focusing on Rogue's interpersonal dynamics and dilemmas. I like that he leaned into her relationships with Remy, Irene, Mystique, and Raven. In fact, that's what I want a little more of for Jean and Scott in year two.
    I actually didn’t particularly enjoy Rogue’s meeting with Irene. I always felt like they had a warmer relationship than her dynamic with Mystique, but Duggan played it as having the same kind of tension (particularly when it came to feelings about Gambit). Also for the first time seeing Irene alive after so many years it would have been nice to not have them squabbling.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 06-28-2022 at 07:22 AM.