Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This issue was a lot better than the last 3. I am willing to accept Spider-Man not being able to get out of the handcuffs considering there are a bunch of stronger than steel metals in the Marvel Universe.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And Slott didn't even write a good Peter.
    True, but even Slott did not drop the ball on Peter like Spencer and Wells did.

Mighty Member

I wonder if the Tombstone battle and the sinister adaptoid storyline will cause Peter to question his power and responsibility mantra and make some adjustment to it. Instead of doubling down to no one dies like he did in the big time era, Peter might relax it and focus more on .what's left of his personal life

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Well, I think Spencer wrote a better Peter even if he didn't build up his life as Peter Parker as much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    This issue was a lot better than the last 3. I am willing to accept Spider-Man not being able to get out of the handcuffs considering there are a bunch of stronger than steel metals in the Marvel Universe.
    And he'd just been beaten senseless.

BANNED

Are you kidding? Slott wrote the worst Peter I've ever seen. Spencer saved him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I think Spencer wrote a better Peter even if he didn't build up his life as Peter Parker as much.
    Agreed. Spencer wrote the best, most accurate to character Peter Parker since 2007.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    "realistic" consequences
    Thank you! While I'm not cool with Pete facing the full extent of the law and social consequences for plunging into a pit Slott excavated and then pushed him into, idealized ramifications are fine imo.
    I can reconcile with Peter's current temporary joblessness because he already has adverse publicity.
    A. There were public protests against him in Slott's era.

B. That Parker Industries' products hurt people was in the news.

C. Peter's fraud is known to the public. Commence the retractions.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Convicted felons?
    I'm sure you meant violent crime but Peter was unsettlingly close to being one.
    First Degree Offering a False Instrument for Filing:
    You are guilty of Penal Law 175.35 if you knowingly have any type of written document or instrument that contains or has a false statement or information on its face, you then present it to a public authority, public servant, or public office. Additionally, whether or not it is actually filed, registered or becomes party of that particular office's, servant's or authority's record, you believe that such filing or registering will occur. What elevates or increases this crime from a misdemeanor to a felony is when you present this written instrument you do so with the intent to defraud.

INTENT TO DEFRAUD
    The term "intent to defraud" is clear on its face, but also complicated enough to require a more thorough or deeper analysis with your own criminal lawyer who is experienced in fraud related offenses. Interpreted by various courts including the Court of Appeals, "intent to defraud" is an act or behavior where the goal is to lead another "into error or disadvantage." People v. Briggins 50 N.Y.2d 302, 309 (1980) (concurring opinion) (Jones, J.). While your objective may be to steal and often is, the law does not require a theft or attempted theft. In fact, in a case involving Offering a False Instrument for Filing in the First Degree, an appellate court found that a person seeking to disrupt the government's ability to administer the law acted with an "intent to defraud" even without any financial or personal benefit.

PENALTIES AND PUNISHMENT
    Penal Law 175.35 is a class “E” felony. Assuming you have no criminal history or at least no prior felony in the preceding ten years, then prison is not mandatory. However, a judge can sentence you to one and one third years to four years in prison. Alternatively, a court can also sentence you to a “bullet” of one-year jail or less, probation, a combination of local incarceration and probation, community service or some other conditional discharge.

EXAMPLE AND HYPOTHETICAL
    Knowing that a driver's license application contains false information, you complete the written instrument and submit it to the NYS Department of Motor Vehicles to secure a driving privilege.
    And probably some other things, but I'm no lawyer, so I don't know if it would count as a forged instrument, the finer details of the 2006 Fraud Act, or what other white-collar crime misdemeanors could be leveled against him. New York's thoughts on diplomas:

No diploma or degree shall be conferred in this state except by a regularly organized institution of learning meeting all requirements of law and of the university, nor shall any person, with intent to deceive, falsely represent himself to have received any such degree or credential, nor shall any person append to his name any letters in the same form registered by the regents as entitled to the protection accorded to university degrees, unless he shall have received from a duly authorized institution the degree or certificate for which the letters are registered. Counterfeiting or falsely or without authority making or altering in a material respect any such credential issued under seal shall be a felony
    There's also this on whether it's better to be reliable or talented:

Let me go on record and say that being reliable is more important than being talented. Even if it sounds counter-intuitive, I've learned that it's true through years of running a marketing consultancy firm. When you're working with clients and building trust and rapport, you will get much more mileage out of your consistency and work ethic than for your talent at what you do.
    Don't get me wrong—you can't swap out one for the other, or run a business without being qualified or competent at providing the services that you offer. Rather, I say that reliability is more important than talent because if you blow deadlines, fail to communicate, or are otherwise difficult to work with, your talent and ability won't save you
    Slott done screwed this boy over. There may be factually worse characters, but I presume the employer would not be hiring any of the above. Peter's known reputation and resume is less than stellar if assessed by frank and unbiased external employers. He confessed to perpetrating a felony because he committed a felony. There are extraordinary mitigating circumstances, and neither Robbie nor the ESU are raking him over the coals, but he is a heartbeat away from being a convicted felon. Even with ordinary lies
    Lying on a Resume May Get You Fired
    If you have landed a job after lying on your resume, background check, or in your interview, you can end up getting fired. This is especially true when your lie had something to do with a relevant portion of your job. For example, if you falsely list on your resume that you received a college degree in a field related to the job, you may be fired if your employer ever discovers the falsehood.
    In addition to losing your current job, you may find it more difficult to find future employment because you have a termination for cause on your employment record.
    Slott's take on Peter resulted in turning him into an occasional celebrity. Usually for the wrong reasons. Total realism would cause the book to descend into unpalatable nihilism because nobody wants Peter permanently harmed for what Slott did. Some pragmatism is permissible, but as Huntsman Spider suggested, Wells needs to do some explaining and up his game if he wants to sell his status quo to readers.
    Last edited by Lunala; 06-26-2022 at 12:35 AM.

Just got around to reading this and another great issue. Was nice to see that parker luck at play, it shows how peter's code of saving everyone can change people for the better even the bad guys. Tombstone's plan was genius and i loved the twist. Really starting to think the children are clones based on peter and MJ Dna, not sure why but i am really intrigued to find out exactly what is going on with them. Romita art was top notch and the darker lines definitely helped keep the color from washing his lines like they were in the first few issues. Just a really fun action packed comic with a great twist with peter taking out the opposing side of the war. And that was the Parker bad luck. Can't wait for issue 5.

Also it's kind of funny i love the "Why isn't my spidersense working?" But then when i got to the end i was like "lol because he wasn't any any real danger from the people holding him."

Well it's a little unclear with the guy who was still going to shoot peter despite "the plan" but thinking about it further it could have been them acting and who better than the person he saved so i like it can be looked at more deeply which means there is more to play on. Tombstone be hiring actors. lol But that situation is still all Parker Luck/ bad luck. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-26-2022 at 04:23 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    I think Kareem was part of the set up. All of Tombstone's goons were in on it. That's why Peter's spider-sense didn't go off when the goon holding the gun squeezed the trigger. That's why Tombstone was angry when the other goon said the name of the train - he was actually giving out their correct address, not pretending they were in Harlem. And Kareen told Peter to go upstairs and go after the men - but Kareem knew those were the Rose's men, not Tombstone's.
    Yup. just read and i definitely agree with this take. It was very well written the flow when you put the whole four issues together. At least for me. lo and it wasn't too long. I think this mini arc has been resolved for now and we'll delve more into the other mysteries. We definitely have to hit on MJ someone before the gala at the very least.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Alonzo is his nick name and I think they'll be getting them back together in no time. There was a small thing in X-Men today about Spider-Man so this could all be tied to Krakoa. They wont drag it out and not fix it like they did for Kindred

From X-Men #12
    Attachment 122042
    Given the whole right with Sony thing and what went down with Scarlet witch and Quicksilver to get them in their own movies added with the end of the spiderverse i definitely would not be surprised to see it happen so marvel can have their own Peter Parker. Though i would be here for it simply because Pete having access to the gates blows my mind on the type of stories spider man could have. Like Pete swinging around Arrako...
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Given the whole right with Sony thing and what went down with Scarlet witch and Quicksilver to get them in their own movies added with the end of the spiderverse i definitely would not be surprised to see it happen so marvel can have their own Peter Parker. Though i would be here for it simply because Pete having access to the gates blows my mind on the type of stories spider man could have. Like Pete swinging around Arrako...
    Seems like either Spider-man as a Mutant or Spider-man and the X-Men

Mighty Member

Unless Peter has a different mutant power and the spider power gets transferred to MJ.

Astonishing Member

Given the whole right with Sony thing and what went down with Scarlet witch and Quicksilver to get them in their own movies added with the end of the spiderverse i definitely would not be surprised to see it happen so marvel can have their own Peter Parker.
    What do you mean by this?

BANNED

Unless Peter has a different mutant power and the spider power gets transferred to MJ.
    If that is the goal, it seems like the long term goal of the mystery box and Krakoa connections would be to establish MJ with a status quo unique from Peter if she were to take over the book as Spider-Man., kids and a new love interest who she may feel would not understand the pull of her responsibilities so she keeps it secret from them, and Peter remains her confidant. Paul could see MJ trusting Peter with more of herself again and get envious...maybe even try to take it out on her (yes, I'm going there again), and would be in for a surprise when he does.