Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I have always liked Kestral. It is just a pure agent of chaos that can possess anyones body and take over. I wish DC would do more with the Lords of Order/Lords of Chaos mythos these days.

Last edited by Zero Hunter; 10-22-2022 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I always loved the League of Super Assassins! Mist Master! Lazon! Titania! Silver Slasher! Neutrax! Blok! Good times!

Attachment 125562
    Wait... there's a DC Titania?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yes!

Been around for forever!

Appeared before Marvel used the name for either Mary "skeeter" McPherran, and about the time of Davida DeVito (who now goes by the name Lascivious).
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 10-23-2022 at 08:09 AM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes!

Been around for forever!

Appeared before Marvel used the name for either Mary "skeeter" McPherran, and about the time of Davida DeVito (who now goes by the name Lascivious).
    Hmmm member of a race from the planet Dryad... who are silicon-based life and humanoid... to some degree. Titania looks near-human, but some other members have crunchy stone skin.

Titania

Hmmm member of a race from the planet Dryad... who are silicon-based life and humanoid... to some degree. Titania looks near-human, but some other members have crunchy stone skin.
    Yes, Titania is indeed super-strong and durable. She is pretty with red hair.

Lonewolf36 has provided a pic.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

I never realized Titania was supposed to be from Dryad! I thought the race looked either like Blok (male and rocky) or Strata (female and crystalline)...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I never realized Titania was supposed to be from Dryad! I thought the race looked either like Blok (male and rocky) or Strata (female and crystalline)...
    Titania, Silver Slasher, Lazon, Mist Master and Neutrax were all members of a human colony that settled the planet (they called Korlon) not knowing it was already inhabited by the silicate race of which Blok (and Strata) are members. So they're humans, not the same race as the natives of that planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Titania, Silver Slasher, Lazon, Mist Master and Neutrax were all members of a human colony that settled the planet (they called Korlon) not knowing it was already inhabited by the silicate race of which Blok (and Strata) are members. So they're humans, not the same race as the natives of that planet.
    Yes, this is the story I know too.

Quote Originally Posted by sutekh View Post
    titania, silver slasher, lazon, mist master and neutrax were all members of a human colony that settled the planet (they called korlon) not knowing it was already inhabited by the silicate race of which blok (and strata) are members. So they're humans, not the same race as the natives of that planet.
    ah! thanks!
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Don't know if he has reappeared in modern day comics but: Bookworm.

He debuted in the 60's Batman tv show:

He is a criminal who does literature based crimes.

He appeared in the Post Crisis DCU as a an enemy of the Huntress:

I always thought he would be a good match up for Babs Batgirl especially during her 60-70's period when she had the Leia buns and used her skills as a librarian and a researcher as part of crime fighting:

He also had a cameo appearance in Batman: The Brave and the Bold tv show.
    He also showed up occassionally in Gotham Academy (as Mr. Scarlett).

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Hunh, so the wiki article needs fixed. ok then.

Hunh, so the wiki article needs fixed. ok then.
    I would say yes, lol.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

There's a couple of Flash ones:

Cicada
    Double Down

Both deserve to be dusted off and given another shot!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    …And now I want to go to the Batman forums, dig up that “retool a villain” thread and take a shot at this guy.

Here’s one that’s a bit odd: Dumas, effectively both *the* arch villain for the Manhunter franchise… and about the only villain the have, really… but also someone they kept on trying to make into the split personality of one of the Manhunters, always to a bit of a dud.

The first Dumas was a really good villain for Mark Shaw created by Jon Ostrander, and the second was a decent finale villain for that series as it wrapped up… and then two separate writers wrote books in the successor Manhunter series separated by a decade both using the same basic twist - Mark Shaw had a brainwashing story retconned into his background and Dumas became an identity he used.
    I have the entire run of the Mark Shaw MANHUNTER series ,and was a fan of both versions of Shaw's arch nemesis. Bugged they retconned the Dumases as brainwashing inflicted on Shaw. An armored, shape shifting ninja with ties to the Manhunters, and even the Azrael's own Order of St. Dumas was some fertile territory to explore. Sadly no one persued that angle. Introduced in the final ark of the series, was an alien named N'Lasa, who assisted the Manhunters in their rebellion against the Guardians of the Universe. He was captured by the Guardians after the rebellion's failure, biologically, genetic alter for extended life. Was sent to Earth to rehabilitate the Manhunters, they ended up locking him up. N'Lasa helped out Shaw in the book's final arc,and was behind Stephen Lee, the first Dumas, turning on the Manhunters. Still, probably since it was all a fantasy, it's moot now. But seems like a missed opportunity.