Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Dulce, Acero, Monstruo & Silbón
    Yeah, I saw that book and was like o neat! New characters!... never seen again :/

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, I saw that book and was like o neat! New characters!... never seen again :/
    Maybe someday?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Maybe someday?
    The same could be asked for almost all the villains in this thread.

Extraordinary Member

Dominus was THE big Superman villain of 1998 and 1999 and had a major effect on the Superman mythos at the time - Luthor wouldn't have even thought of becoming president if not for what Dominus did. He was a high-level reality warper who made Superman look like an ant and was the big bad behind the King of the World storyarc. And he hasn't been mentioned in over 20 years.

1868101-dominus04.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Dominus was THE big Superman villain of 1998 and 1999 and had a major effect on the Superman mythos at the time - Luthor wouldn't have even thought of becoming president if not for what Dominus did. He was a high-level reality warper who made Superman look like an ant and was the big bad behind the King of the World storyarc. And he hasn't been mentioned in over 20 years.

1868101-dominus04.jpg
    Well, he was the Big Bad in that weird Generations Shattered/Forged mini-series last year, but other than that, yeah... pretty much dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post

1868101-dominus04.jpg
    Two huge Superman story arcs that I wish DC would collect: Superman King of the World and The Millenium Giants.

Peace

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Cheetah. As most of her appearances treat her like trash. So they don't count.

I always loved the League of Super Assassins! Mist Master! Lazon! Titania! Silver Slasher! Neutrax! Blok! Good times!

V_LeagueSAss (657x1024).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Queen of Fables make a great recurring villain for Wonder Woman with her obsession with "The Princess".
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

VELVET TIGER was unique with her introduction HAWK AND DOVE and got a bit of a reinvention for the Burnside era of BATGIRL...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I always loved the League of Super Assassins! Mist Master! Lazon! Titania! Silver Slasher! Neutrax! Blok! Good times!

V_LeagueSAss (657x1024).jpg
    Yes! For all the body of stone and body of metal characters that show up on super-teams, including Legion (or Legion-adjacent) characters like Ferro Lad and Stone Boy (and famous characters at that other company like Colossus and the Thing), body of energy, like Lazon, or body of gas, like Mist Master, are less common alternate forms.

Amusingly, the Legion setting already had one of each. Gas Girl, of the Heroes of Lallor had the same power as Mist Master, and Quanto, of the Devil's Dozen, IIRC, not only had the same power as Lazon, he had a similar costume and looked almost exactly the same (so much that I'd not be surprised if Lazon was a brainwashed Quanto, deluded by the Dark Man into thinking he's one of these new villains!).

Neutrax also had a neat, original power, and Titania was fun, in that women characters in the Legion setting often had less physical powers, while she's 100% 'the tank.' (While Silver Slasher took on the other physical combat role, the melee scrapper.)

About my only quibble with the League of Super-Assassins, is that, like most comic-book villains who call themselves 'assassins,' the nature of the medium means that they never actually get to make good on that name and *kill anyone.* That and Blok being the one to end up joining the Legion, since I find him darn close to the least interesting member of the group!
    Last edited by Sutekh; 10-21-2022 at 05:08 AM.

Don't know if he has reappeared in modern day comics but: Bookworm.

He debuted in the 60's Batman tv show:

He is a criminal who does literature based crimes.

He appeared in the Post Crisis DCU as a an enemy of the Huntress:

I always thought he would be a good match up for Babs Batgirl especially during her 60-70's period when she had the Leia buns and used her skills as a librarian and a researcher as part of crime fighting:

He also had a cameo appearance in Batman: The Brave and the Bold tv show.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly