Videl Satan from Dragonball

This is Videl from when she trained for the tournament

Yor has her needles

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Two questions:

1. How fast is Videl?
    2. Is she immune to getting stabbed?

Hang on, third question.

3. Can she blow up the arena with ki blasts? Seems relevant.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Two questions:

1. How fast is Videl?

Hang on, third question.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Videl might have the edge in raw durability and strength I suppose, though measuring Spopovich as an opponent is a case of A>B>C; Mr. Satan beat Spopovich before he went Majin, easily, but offscreen. He's also not insignificantly strong, but outside of anime filler his strength feats are kind of nebulous. Majin Spopovich is amped across the board from the time he fought Mr. Satan, and were it not for these magic enhancements, Videl demonstrably would have beaten - read: killed - him.

I'm struggling to think of any other advantage other than flight she has in this fight. Yor is more skilled, far more precise, and has something she can throw really hard at Videl if she decides to fly. She also has the pressure points she can use if she can catch her.

I read through the Cruise arc a little while ago, not all that fresh on the gauntlet Yor ran through there, but she does have her limits in terms of stamina. She only really started getting sloppy and therefore injured after a significant amount of time and opponents.

I suppose it depends on how we scale Videl's best strength feats to Mr. Satan. I want to say she hits harder than a speeding car - which bloodied Yor, but did not slow her down - but I can't recall if this is concretely demonstrated anywhere.

Personally I'm kind of thinking it's possible Videl takes a beating for a while and doesn't stay down until Yor gets tired enough to make one mistake, but I admit I need to check my biases.

Two questions:

1. How fast is Videl?

Hang on, third question.

1) She's fast enough that the police used to call her in to deal with armed robberies with some confidence, and it's suggested this happens regularly enough that the results are consistent, but 2) Her reaction to gunfire suggests she is neither fast enough to dodge bullets nor sturdy enough not to get pierced by them.

I also think this is anime filler so its canonicity is ...*wiggles hand* but these are far and few in between.

3) No, she cannot. For whatever reason Gohan neglected to teach her how to use ki in that manner. That range game really would have come in handy given what ultimately happens to her during the tournament, but alas.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    1) She's fast enough that the police used to call her in to deal with armed robberies with some confidence, and it's suggested this happens regularly enough that the results are consistent, but 2) Her reaction to gunfire suggests she is neither fast enough to dodge bullets nor sturdy enough not to get pierced by them.

I also think this is anime filler so its canonicity is ...*wiggles hand* but these are far and few in between.

3) No, she cannot. For whatever reason Gohan neglected to teach her how to use ki in that manner. That range game really would have come in handy given what ultimately happens to her during the tournament, but alas.
    To be fair to Gohan, she only wanted to learn how to fly. And zipped off shortly after learning the basics to that.

Extraordinary Member

Most Great Saiyaman Scenes are filler. In the Manga Videl figures out it's Gohan the first time she meets Saiyaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Most Great Saiyaman Scenes are filler. In the Manga Videl figures out it's Gohan the first time she meets Saiyaman.
    That's a shame, since that's where Videl's best feats are.

...excluding the movies, naturally, she takes her lumps like a champ in those.

As prideful as any full blooded Saiyan, that one.

Videl might have the edge in raw durability and strength I suppose, though measuring Spopovich as an opponent is a case of A>B>C; Mr. Satan beat Spopovich before he went Majin, easily, but offscreen. He's also not insignificantly strong, but outside of anime filler his strength feats are kind of nebulous. Majin Spopovich is amped across the board from the time he fought Mr. Satan, and were it not for these magic enhancements, Videl demonstrably would have beaten - read: killed - him.

I'm struggling to think of any other advantage other than flight she has in this fight. Yor is more skilled, far more precise, and has something she can throw really hard at Videl if she decides to fly. She also has the pressure points she can use if she can catch her.

I read through the Cruise arc a little while ago, not all that fresh on the gauntlet Yor ran through there, but she does have her limits in terms of stamina. She only really started getting sloppy and therefore injured after a significant amount of time and opponents.

I suppose it depends on how we scale Videl's best strength feats to Mr. Satan. I want to say she hits harder than a speeding car - which bloodied Yor, but did not slow her down - but I can't recall if this is concretely demonstrated anywhere.
    Interesting, and good stuff. Thanks.

Yor's stamina on the ship seemed partly tied to the fact that she was going through a bit of an emotional crisis about her place in the marriage, as a mother, etc, if I recall. Once she snapped out of that, she did okay again despite having taken some ridiculously hefty hits. And this was after fighting for an extended period while simply one-shotting/murdering more super-assassin types.

If Videl doesn't really get tired, I can totally see her wearing Yor down that way - Yor HAS limits, even if they're obviously pretty...extended, might be a good word.

Personally I'm kind of thinking it's possible Videl takes a beating for a while and doesn't stay down until Yor gets tired enough to make one mistake, but I admit I need to check my biases.
    If she can withstand getting stabbed or the like, yeah. I know her durability is great, but she doesn't appear to be bullet-proof. But that's before the special training, right? Any indication that she has zero issues with bullets afterward? I ask, because if she's not bullet-proof, stabby-stabby-stabby tends to be problematic.

If she got an overall jump in durability and there's no indication it's compartmentalized, Yor may be in serious trouble.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Based on that video - thank you again - I wouldn't say she's bullet-proof. Certainly she does not want to get hit by them. Is it PIS due to it being filler? I don't know enough about the character.

And I'm fairly sure she has much better showings than this video, because if she didn't we wouldn't be putting her against Yor. ^_^
    Why are we here?

The DBS anime made it canon. Mainly because Akira Toriyama was 100% behind all the Saiyaman filler.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I know it's not canon or whatever but Videl taking even a casual lariat from a Super Saiyan Broly, even if it's Bio Broly, seems absolutely wild to me.

Based on that video - thank you again - I wouldn't say she's bullet-proof. Certainly she does not want to get hit by them. Is it PIS due to it being filler? I don't know enough about the character.

And I'm fairly sure she has much better showings than this video, because if she didn't we wouldn't be putting her against Yor. ^_^
    I'll admit this is where things get iffy, and the A>B>C logic that works for the scaling of DBZ doesn't translate over to Rumbles.

Frankly, I cannot recall if Videl's ever open-palm slapped a man into a flying corkscrew pirouette across the room or kicked a dude so hard his head gets stuck in the ceiling Loony Tunes style like Yor would given the chance.

All we have for her are mostly the statements "wow, she's stronger than her father" and the Spopovich fight. She's in the category of characters like Lunch who have a moment for something of a joke and are never heard from again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I know it's not canon or whatever but Videl taking even a casual lariat from a Super Saiyan Broly, even if it's Bio Broly, seems absolutely wild to me.
    Silence, we stan for Movie Videl in this house, even if her contradictory constitution has no viable place by Rumbles standards.

Last edited by grampagen; 06-28-2022 at 09:17 AM.

I'll admit this is where things get iffy, and the A>B>C logic that works for the scaling of DBZ doesn't translate over to Rumbles.

Frankly, I cannot recall if Videl's ever open-palm slapped a man into a flying corkscrew pirouette across the room or kicked a dude so hard his head gets stuck in the ceiling Loony Tunes style like Yor would given the chance.

All we have for her are mostly the statements "wow, she's stronger than her father" and the Spopovich fight. She's in the category of characters like Lunch who have a moment for something of a joke and are never heard from again.
    Tricky, then.

For me, Yor's top feats are things like 'kicking guy so he ping-pongs about 30' down an alleyway off multiple walls, and would continue further based on the art', and 'full power, kicks a guy off the ship...like, 100' or something? Faaaaar.'
    Why are we here?