Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Who should be in Superman's Authority roster

Clark leading the Authority is an interesting concept and fit well with the trinity having their own strike forces (Batman=Outsider, Wonder woman=Justice league dark). The one we have right now is the Morrison roster and PKJ believe said that he be changing up the roster soon so that something to look forward too

What would your roster be for Clark Authority?

6 member not counting Clark and can not pick any of the prime 7 leaguers

Astonishing Member

1) Iron Munro: Former covert government operative with powers of early Superman and no Kryptonite/red sun vulnerability.

2) Captain Comet: Inter stellar hero with decades of experience dealing with powerful threats.

3) Livewire: Electrical being who has been both a villain and a hero.

4) Mister Terrific: 3rd smartest man alive

5) Yellow Peri: Magical power

6) Proty: Shapeshifting creature with telepathic powers.

I’m expecting the roster to stay mostly the same with maybe one or two members leaving after Warworld depending on how things play out. Only major change I’d make would be swapping Natasha for JHI.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm pretty satisfied with the team as-is, and I dunno if PKJ is gonna make any big changes anyway, even though he didn't cook up the roster himself. But I'd like to see an Authority that's pulled only from Clark's own mythos. The guy has such a deep bench, it's way past time DC stop being ashamed of it and embraced it in all its weird zaniness.

So I'd maybe go with something like.....

Manchester Black. Because of course he's here.

Livewire. Not an anti-hero, as DC has often tried to make her. Just an agent of chaos willing to let Superman aim where that chaos goes.

Steel. John Henry Irons; the man, the myth, the legend. The moral compass/babysitter of the group.

Maxima. A Martian level psychokinetic with almost Kryptonian level physical prowess. One-time wannabe love interest, current Royal Badass the Queen of Almerac.

Shay Veritas. No powers, all brains. Not sure what's been done with her lately but I dig the mysterious scientist at the center of the earth that Lobdell introduced us to.

Cooked this roster up while I was typing it, so I reserve the right to call it horrible and change it completely down the road.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I think the benefit of the current Authority is that you can do absolutely anything with them, which helps add a sense of stakes. We all know Clark isn’t every going to die and stay dead, or really even change all that much from his baseline, but the rest? Natasha, Middy, and Apollo are the ones who are most likely to stay static (I’m rooting for Apollo to change after his experiences on Warworld), but Lightray may very well end up staying dead because she’s not a “big” character. I think she’ll be back but she could stay dead in a way that none of us would buy if it were one of the “big” names. Manchester Black may revert to his villainous roots or genuinely change for the better, same for Enchatress. OMAC is going to have a lot of work to do to redeem themselves. Having these lesser known heroes involved helps keep the tension going, at least for me, so I hope the Authority sticks around after Warworld.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I would love to see Jack Hawksmoor added to the roster. His powers are so cool and unique.

Astonishing Member

I would prefer Jon to have his own Authority roster.

I’d kind of want of Conner to join him, not just to give Conner a book but something about the younger clone of Superman who has a different mindset then Clark being on a team like the Authority seems interesting. If not Conner then I’d say Miss Martian or even that teenage doomsday.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I would prefer Jon to have his own Authority roster.
    Think Jon’s ties to the Revolutionaries are meant to be that. Heh “Revolutionaries vs. Authority” would maybe make for a good story assuming it wasn’t Taylor writing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I’d kind of want of Conner to join him, not just to give Conner a book but something about the younger clone of Superman who has a different mindset then Clark being on a team like the Authority seems interesting. If not Conner then I’d say Miss Martian or even that teenage doomsday.
    Apollo is supposed to be that isn’t he? Originally I wanted Conner to join too but he’s finally getting his own book and will have his own team in the Cosmoteers, so he’s taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Conner would be a great addition and add Jenny Quantum & Miss Martian to the team to be the younger members which can reflect to the multiple generations from Older generation (Clark, Apollo & Midnighter) to the mid-generation ( Manchester Black, Enchantress)

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    Conner would be a great addition and add Jenny Quantum & Miss Martian to the team to be the younger members which can reflect to the multiple generations from Older generation (Clark, Apollo & Midnighter) to the mid-generation ( Manchester Black, Enchantress)
    Miss Martian getting zero use in the comics despite being a core member of YJ is just a baffling case of DC selectively applying synergy. I’d love to see M’gann get used in Action! Jenny though would probably be off limits unless Taylor wanted to use her.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

1. Bizarro
    2. Vartox
    3. Timber Wolf
    4. Steel
    5. Klarion the Witch Boy

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Jason todd
    Dex starr(cause clark is a dog person..have him be stuck with a cat)
    Circe
    Tye longshadow with powers like in young justice
    Virgil hawkins(added power technopath)
    Sideways
    The Monkey king
    Mr.mind
    Keeping manchester black..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-16-2022 at 07:51 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I really like the current Authority, so if all things are the same I would keep them.

If the team had to change:

Apollo and Midnigher - because they are The Authority.
    Manchester Black - he was Clark's first recruit and their dynamic is amazing.
    Enchantress - she was barely on the Warworld Saga, I would like to see her interacting more with the team.
    Shay Veritas - always liked the character and would like to see her more.
    Baka - the kid monster from Pak's run, I really can't undestand why DC don't use him more.
    Natasha Irons - I considered putting John Henry here, but Natasha's experience as a Warworld gladiator should be explored.

The really difference is that I swaped OMAC and Lightray for Shay Veritas and Baka, and I actually feel pretty good about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post

Apollo and Midnigher - because they are The Authority.
    Manchester Black - he was Clark's first recruit and their dynamic is amazing.
    ^^^For this team and not counting Superman himself, they’re The Trinity.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Rita Farr on the team…

…Black Alice…

…and Bulleteer.

Without wall of text-ing and powers aside I think each of these characters have personalities that would mesh in interesting ways w. Supes, Manchester, Apollo and Midnighter.