Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    Clark leading the Authority is an interesting concept and fit well with the trinity having their own strike forces (Batman=Outsider, Wonder woman=Justice league dark). The one we have right now is the Morrison roster and PKJ believe said that he be changing up the roster soon so that something to look forward too

What would your roster be for Clark Authority?

6 member not counting Clark and can not pick any of the prime 7 leaguers
    Superman shouldn't have an Authority roster. He should have nothing to do with the Authority.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Superman has always had authoritarian tilt much to my chagrin.Savior complex gets you that.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^For this team and not counting Superman himself, they’re The Trinity.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Rita Farr on the team…

…Black Alice…

…and Bulleteer.

Without wall of text-ing and powers aside I think each of these characters have personalities that would mesh in interesting ways w. Supes, Manchester, Apollo and Midnighter.
    Bulleteer had such a cool design, sad she never got used more.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The last developments maybe imply a change in the roster of the team.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    The last developments maybe imply a change in the roster of the team.
    I expect both Superman and Manchester Black to be off and for Jenny (either Sparks or Quantum) to lead.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I would have wanted a take based on the max fliescher bulleteers.

Oh, my I have not tried this.

Well, Superman, for start.
    Apollo and Midnighter naturally.
    I like the Enchantress aboard like a dangerous element.
    I want Jack Hawksmoor back.
    Menagerie from Black's old team should be back too.
    Black himself must stay.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

What about Magog? Recent events in Waid's Superman/Batman have opened up some interesting doors that might be worth exploring. Maybe Magog being part of the Authority, however briefly (?) could be part of that.

He'd certainly fit in well enough with Black and Enchantress, should either stick around. If the team itself does, for that matter. We're getting the Super family for the next little while after all, and didn't PKJ say he was looking for a writer to tackle an Authority pitch of his, or something? Sounds like he doesn't intend on using them anytime soon.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    What about Magog? Recent events in Waid's Superman/Batman have opened up some interesting doors that might be worth exploring. Maybe Magog being part of the Authority, however briefly (?) could be part of that.

He'd certainly fit in well enough with Black and Enchantress, should either stick around. If the team itself does, for that matter. We're getting the Super family for the next little while after all, and didn't PKJ say he was looking for a writer to tackle an Authority pitch of his, or something? Sounds like he doesn't intend on using them anytime soon.
    He plans on using Apollo and Middy in Action, but the Authority team as a whole he wants to hand over to someone of a non-white and/or LGBT+ background to write. He said he wanted to make the Authority team into something that can stand as DC’s equivalent to the X-Men. Frankly I think Jim Lee is making another push to turn Wildstorm as a whole into that kind of “third column”. We’ve got WildC.A.T.S., the Authority, Stormwatch is being built up, we got a Waller vs. Wildstorm book coming, Lee is clearly making another attempt to have his characters be “important” in the DCU. I don’t mind that personally, it’s either try and make them work or leave them to rot because Wildstorm can’t succeed on their own anymore.

Magog joining would be interesting, especially depending on the fallout of Superman finding out Black was Lex’s mole. Maybe Supes tries to cut ties with Black, but the Authority goes with Black because of how Superman botched leading them on Warworld? And then Black brings in Magog to serve as his main enforcer on the Authority? Spitballing here but I want to see the two meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Frankly I think Jim Lee is making another push to turn Wildstorm as a whole into that kind of “third column”
    I wish him luck, but the moral ambiguity of WildStorm is not an easy fit with DC's binary ethics. You're basically trying to expand a niche occupied by a small handful of characters (Red Hood, Waller/Squad, arguably Harley and Lobo) and turn it into an entire facet of the shared universe. Hell of a thing to attempt, with a bad historical precedent.

But he'll have better luck if he tries to incorporate the existing non-conformists already in DC, and Magog definitely fits the bill. Here's hoping he gets used well and finds a space to occupy.

Magog joining would be interesting, especially depending on the fallout of Superman finding out Black was Lex’s mole. Maybe Supes tries to cut ties with Black, but the Authority goes with Black because of how Superman botched leading them on Warworld? And then Black brings in Magog to serve as his main enforcer on the Authority? Spitballing here but I want to see the two meet.
    I really hope Clark doesn't lose the Authority, I've liked him having a team of his own, the way Bruce has the Outsiders and Diana (sorta) has JLDark. I could see Clark trying to mend the fence by offering Magog a spot on the team and I can see Magog resenting Clark's obvious effort to keep an eye on him.

But whatever happens, I agree that Black and Magog need to meet.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I really hope Clark doesn't lose the Authority, I've liked him having a team of his own, the way Bruce has the Outsiders and Diana (sorta) has JLDark. I could see Clark trying to mend the fence by offering Magog a spot on the team and I can see Magog resenting Clark's obvious effort to keep an eye on him.
    I always pictured "Superman's team" to circus themed.A bunch rootin tootin gun blazing bunch of misfits(dick grayson/acrobat,the creeper/clown,swamp thing/freak,vigilante/marksmen..etc).The action brigade.the authority? as said above it screams Clark's stupid messiah complex.

Anyways,at this point i want them to atleast have clark on the team.I miss manchester and clark back an forth..It was actually fun for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    Clark leading the Authority is an interesting concept and fit well with the trinity having their own strike forces (Batman=Outsider, Wonder woman=Justice league dark). The one we have right now is the Morrison roster and PKJ believe said that he be changing up the roster soon so that something to look forward too

What would your roster be for Clark Authority?

6 member not counting Clark and can not pick any of the prime 7 leaguers
    Superman himself is sitting this one out he is trusting an old friend to lead it for him.

Supergirl/Matrix- a shapeshifter with some mystic earthborn angel abilities, telepathy, telekinesis and is close to krytonian power.
    Ms. Martian- pretty much matrix supergirl with better shapeshifting and telepathy but also intangibility instead of magic
    Sister Superior (Vera Black) Superhuman strength and some Tech upgrades, she lead the JL Elite
    Orphan/Batgirl (cassandra cain) he needs a bat, might as well go for one of the top 3 (this one could be replaced with RedHood)
    Harley Quinn She is trying to be antihero, and has the underworld connections
    Poison Ivy Mostl cause I want her to stay with Harley.

For the record I did not intend to make this an all girls team until it just kind of happened.

edit: Maxima, Any of the Jenny's Black alice and Enchantress are all good substitutions... apollo and midnighter should only be used to lead there own team so I don't have them listed
    Last edited by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell; 12-27-2022 at 07:14 AM.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

spoilers:
    With Black dead I’m expecting Jenny to come on board as his replacement. Hope Clark still maintains ties with the team wherever they end up
    end of spoilers

I can see Vera taking the spot for personal reasons.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Superman has always had authoritarian tilt much to my chagrin.Savior complex gets you that.
    The original plan for Superman and the Authority was he and Supergirl were going to become more right wing or something

https://grantmorrison.substack.com/p...ty-annotations

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Morrison
    Let me take you back to our favourite table at the West Hollywood Sunset Marquis where DC publisher Dan Didio knew how to hook me like a prize trout – he and his writers had ‘come up with’ plans he told me, to shake up the Superman books; plans that included Superman’s son graduating to the primary role as Earth’s heroic protector while a disillusioned older Superman became ever more right wing and authoritarian… eventually assembling a new version of the Authority team to enact his patrician will.

Concurrent plans existed to push Supergirl in an increasingly fascistic direction for reasons that made scant sense to me. ...What purpose earthly or unearthly is served by making this character an embittered space tyrant?