Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Steel
    Mr. Terrific
    A Green Lantern
    Dr. Fate
    An Atom
    Animal Man

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    The original plan for Superman and the Authority was he and Supergirl were going to become more right wing or something

https://grantmorrison.substack.com/p...ty-annotations
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant Morrison
    Let me take you back to our favourite table at the West Hollywood Sunset Marquis where DC publisher Dan Didio knew how to hook me like a prize trout – he and his writers had ‘come up with’ plans he told me, to shake up the Superman books; plans that included Superman’s son graduating to the primary role as Earth’s heroic protector while a disillusioned older Superman became ever more right wing and authoritarian… eventually assembling a new version of the Authority team to enact his patrician will.

Concurrent plans existed to push Supergirl in an increasingly fascistic direction for reasons that made scant sense to me. ...What purpose earthly or unearthly is served by making this character an embittered space tyrant?
    Really an horrible, horrible direction, fortunately aborted.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Superman (Mostly because this will be a perfect outlet for him to use some of his Golden Age/Champion of the Oppressed traits)
    Apollo
    Midnighter
    Jenny Quantum
    Jack Hawksmoor (who really needs to meet Danny the Street one day)
    The psychic ghost of Manchester Black
    The Engineer (Angela Spica)
    Swift
    The Doctor (or John Constantine. I want a team up between those two for sure)
    Green Arrow
    The Carrier

I want it to be mostly Wildstorm characters with Superman.
    Last edited by magha_regulus; 12-31-2022 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Really an horrible, horrible direction, fortunately aborted.
    Part of me still thinks that none of this was legit and it was just the lie Didio told Morrison to get them onboard. One of those "let's make an offer so terrible they take the job just to keep us from doing what we're talking about" things. You see it in business and entertainment sometimes, somebody will have a pitch they know is utterly awful, but they pitch it anyway because it makes their "real" pitch look more realistic and acceptable.

I think I read somewhere that a lot of the MCU writers will do that to Fiege; "Let's turn Spider-Man into a sociopathic killer for the next movie! No? Okay, how about he teams up with the previous Spider actors then?"

Of course, this is Didio so odds are he was totally serious about Qanon, right wing Superman. Thank the gods he's gone.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Part of me still thinks that none of this was legit and it was just the lie Didio told Morrison to get them onboard. One of those "let's make an offer so terrible they take the job just to keep us from doing what we're talking about" things. You see it in business and entertainment sometimes, somebody will have a pitch they know is utterly awful, but they pitch it anyway because it makes their "real" pitch look more realistic and acceptable.

I think I read somewhere that a lot of the MCU writers will do that to Fiege; "Let's turn Spider-Man into a sociopathic killer for the next movie! No? Okay, how about he teams up with the previous Spider actors then?"

Of course, this is Didio so odds are he was totally serious about Qanon, right wing Superman. Thank the gods he's gone.
    Rumor is that once upon a time he pulled a similar trick on Azz to get Azz to take WW for the New 52. Took Azz aside and told him what the plan was for Diana if he didn’t do the book, and it was apparently so terrible that Azz gave in simply to prevent it from happening lol. Didio definitely was similar to Breevort in that he believed sometimes you have to take risks that are sure to piss people off in order to attract interest. Sometimes he was right but sometimes it backfired on him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/