Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shoulda put in Hellion instead. Instead of getting stories about stealing peoples' bodies and hiding them in a closet, you get stories about a hero who wants to protect his people after they've been let down by the X-Men so many times before.

No offense Quentin, but that story beat was pretty cringe.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Meh. It is what it is at this point. Just a boring ass book. Wasted concept and potential. And I personally don’t think there’s really anything interesting left to say about Quire, but maybe that’s just me.
    Ditto. And the sheer arrogance of this overrated ex-edgelord (essentially, his OG version was Elliot Rodger with ESP) to believe that he can ever be the literal Omega of Omegas when he does not even have any reality-manipulation-powers nor is he genetically a Summers-Grey hybrid like Cable, Stryfe, X-Man WTFH
    Last edited by EldonMaguan; 06-24-2022 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Shoulda put in Hellion instead. Instead of getting stories about stealing peoples' bodies and hiding them in a closet, you get stories about a hero who wants to protect his people after they've been let down by the X-Men so many times before.

No offense Quentin, but that story beat was pretty cringe.
    Hilarious because this is actually a case where could swap in Hellion and the story would probably be better.

Also you know what would’ve been an interesting arc for QQ in this book? Realizing that he wasn’t an Omega when that official list came out during HOX/POX. He certainly hasn’t been depicted as an omega in this book and Jean literally is walking around with the same powerset. I think establishing that his latest string of assholery is based out of the fact that he calls himself Kid Omega and based his entire identity around how powerful he is, only to realize he’s not. C have been something new for the character that leads to him having more self-acceptance and not seeking external validation from his power levels.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 06-24-2022 at 06:04 AM.

Astonishing Member

So I qq just burning Jean now?

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Adding some Academy characters could have complemented this cast so well. I can easily imagine many of them wanting to take a more proactive role in protecting their friends and their home, as they've experienced first hand how quickly either can be lost, and they also know better than to rely on the X-Men to keep them safe. Like you said, Hellion could have filled Quire's role so much better, since Julian wants to live up to his potential in order to be able to protect those he cares about.
    Or both Domino and Mercury have been vivisected and had their skin stolen to weaponize it against their fellow mutants, so it would be really interesting to see them form a connection over their shared trauma.

Or maybe they should just give X-Force to Yost and let Percy write his Chad-Force on Marvel Unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by EldonMaguan View Post
    Ditto. And the sheer arrogance of this overrated ex-edgelord (essentially, his OG version was Elliot Rodger with ESP) to believe that he can ever be the literal Omega of Omegas when he does not even have any reality-manipulation-powers nor is he genetically a Summers-Grey hybrid like Cable, Stryfe, X-Man WTFH
    The term “edgelord” makes me laugh for some reason. Feels like an accurate description of QQ too.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

Tbh, with Solem coming back in upcoming Wolverine issues, I would rather see him in X-Force. Like, its the kind of thing he would do just to **** with Wolverine, and Hank would be like 'oh you hate him and don't trust him because he was our enemy in the Tournament? So what, he's useful and this way we can keep a closer eye on him, what are emotions and who trusts anyone anyway, you sound dumb.' And I can't imagine having another century old warrior mutant around would hurt, and he did tell Emma he was willing to make it worth the Krakoans' while to allow him to stay.

Or maybe its just that I would rather Solem than Deadpool. Yeah, its probably that.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Oh sweet. A Quentin Quire focused issue. *eye roll*
    Honestly, I haven't followed this title closely in ages, but in 29 issues I still don't understand why Quentin is on this team. If anyone would want out, you'd think it would be him, and new costume aside he's still in the same place we saw him at the start of this series. Sad!

This article makes it sound like Quire may be departing and now Deadpool and Omega Red are on the team in his stead. And Logan may be pulling away too, though not sure if that means he’s leaving the team or just distancing himself for some reason (as Percy says “something is happening with Logan that will gradually distance him from the team”).

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-x-force-b...rcy-interview/
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Hilarious because this is actually a case where could swap in Hellion and the story would probably be better.

Also you know what would’ve been an interesting arc for QQ in this book? Realizing that he wasn’t an Omega when that official list came out during HOX/POX. He certainly hasn’t been depicted as an omega in this book and Jean literally is walking around with the same powerset. I think establishing that his latest string of assholery is based out of the fact that he calls himself Kid Omega and based his entire identity around how powerful he is, only to realize he’s not. C have been something new for the character that leads to him having more self-acceptance and not seeking external validation from his power levels.
    I saw this idea before and I really like it. I'm fine with QQ being an Omega, he's had some genuinely impressive feats. (Like trapping Armor and Wolverine in his head, creating a procedurally-generated reality and running it for days on end without sleep.) But humbling him and branching out of that "I'm a bad boy with a hidden heart of gold" schtick would be great for him. Or just anything that gets him out of the mold he's stuck in, because his attitude has gotten repetitive at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Adding some Academy characters could have complemented this cast so well. I can easily imagine many of them wanting to take a more proactive role in protecting their friends and their home, as they've experienced first hand how quickly either can be lost, and they also know better than to rely on the X-Men to keep them safe. Like you said, Hellion could have filled Quire's role so much better, since Julian wants to live up to his potential in order to be able to protect those he cares about.
    Or both Domino and Mercury have been vivisected and had their skin stolen to weaponize it against their fellow mutants, so it would be really interesting to see them form a connection over their shared trauma.

Or maybe they should just give X-Force to Yost and let Percy write his Chad-Force on Marvel Unlimited.
    Mercury has shown that she's great at stealth. She'd be fantastic at counter-intelligence and, if she wants to get dark, assassinations. But on the topic of her skin being stolen, it'd be a great way to bring Predator X back as a threat.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quentin Quire continues to hog up page space in X-Books. Feels like happens in every era at this point.