Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Here's some redesigns that were done a few years back by an artist on tumblr named Dima Ivanov. I've always been partial to the ridiculously impractical Elixir one (male characters deserve that sorta 'makes absolutely no sense but okay' designs too!) and the Illyana one, except for the diamond slit on her leg. Without that, it'd be perfect in my opinion.

Attachment 122132
    I always thought Iceman worked best in minimal clothing. They have been putting the female characters in almost nothing for decades, why not let the guys run around almost naked too.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Did you know that there was X-community of twitter artist who periodically give themselves a challenge to redesign X-men, led by the fabulous Josh Cornillon ?
    I made a thread about the Destiny one, but I did not know there were way more ! Storm, Polaris, Jubilee and some other X-women have been given fan redesigns over two years now.
    What do you think about these ?

https://www.comicsxf.com/category/articles/redesigning/

I personnaly love some of them, dislike some but I always love the reasoning behind the designs.

Here are my favorite. What's yours ?
    Jean Grey : Christian Thomas and Juan Wences
    Destiny : Cornillon
    Armor : Dillon Snook and Bradley Clayton
    Madelyn Pryor : Dillon Snook and Valentine Smith
    Psylocke : Karen Charm and Johnny Bugge but that was a tough one
    Jubilee : Actually I love most of them. Clayton, Barros, Cornillon, Lin...
    Polaris : Calvin Lin and Adam Tisdale
    Storm : Kenneth Laster and Karen Charm
    I'm a sucker for X-Men redesigns so thanks for sharing this! I quite like some of the redesigns for Destiny.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I always thought Iceman worked best in minimal clothing. They have been putting the female characters in almost nothing for decades, why not let the guys run around almost naked too.
    LOL. There was actually a really funny (IMO) bit along those lines in the Iceman Infinity mini-comic. Bobby slept with Christian Frost, and then in the morning, he comes downstairs to join Christian in the kitchen, and Bobby's just wearing underwear. And Christian goes "Morning, Bobby. I like the new costume," and Bobby's like what are you talking about, this is literally just my underwear. And Christian just shrugged and said "My mistake. Its hard to be sure when it comes to you."

Something I did a while ago inspired by Destiny's redesign. I wouldn't consider this a redesing, though. Just my take of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Something I did a while ago inspired by Destiny's redesign. I wouldn't consider this a redesing, though. Just my take of her.

It's really freaking pretty though
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This is gorgeous.

Love it ! Destiny as an X-woman !

Thank you all. Means a lot to read that

Time to bump this thread for the
    SHATTERSTAR !

I think this is one of the best ones, tbh.
    Loving Chilton's, Laster's and Barros's are my favorites.

Astonishing Member

LOL, Chilton, Laster and Barros were my exact picks too. I think I'd like the Barros one better with a different hairstyle for him, but the hair, face and costume combo in the Laster one are perfection. I don't know that the Laster costume would totally work as an everyday uniform for him, whereas I think the Barros one would be better for that, but as a 'ceremonial/formal-wear' kind of look for special occasions, like a future Hellfire Gala, the Laster one is great.

I also like the Alex Buckland costume, I just don't really like the look/feel of Shatterstar himself, in that one? Like, his face and hair don't quite have the right vibe for me there, but the costume itself is a pretty cool design. I'd really love to see that costume paired with a different depiction of 'Star, like if worn by the short-haired Shatterstar from the last PAD X-Factor run, I think that would look pretty sweet.

I think this is the best they've done so far.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    LOL, Chilton, Laster and Barros were my exact picks too. I think I'd like the Barros one better with a different hairstyle for him, but the hair, face and costume combo in the Laster one are perfection. I don't know that the Laster costume would totally work as an everyday uniform for him, whereas I think the Barros one would be better for that, but as a 'ceremonial/formal-wear' kind of look for special occasions, like a future Hellfire Gala, the Laster one is great.

I also like the Alex Buckland costume, I just don't really like the look/feel of Shatterstar himself, in that one? Like, his face and hair don't quite have the right vibe for me there, but the costume itself is a pretty cool design. I'd really love to see that costume paired with a different depiction of 'Star, like if worn by the short-haired Shatterstar from the last PAD X-Factor run, I think that would look pretty sweet.
    Laster's would be a fine Gala outfit !
    Chilton's comment about it being impossible to draw in a monthly comics was funny.

I like Rodriguez's look, it looks like his last X-factor (the one where he kills morrigan) costume modified. Love the flowy hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Time to bump this thread for the
    SHATTERSTAR !

I think this is one of the best ones, tbh.
    Loving Chilton's, Laster's and Barros's are my favorites.

Favorites for SHATTERSTAR !
    1 - Chilton

2 - Drilon
    3 - Reinfurt
    4 - Laster
    Last edited by Thirteen; 09-20-2022 at 03:53 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Spectacular Member

This is dope! I love the extra bit of gold under her cape and the subtle starry background!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I like a lot of the Shatterstar designs. Laster's is the best I think, followed by Barros'. I also really like Drilon's, but I think it's a bit too monotone, it could use a contrast color. Lin's is also very good, but probably not for 616 Star because he isn't Asian. I love the hairstyle and swords in Reinfurt's piece. Chilton's would make a good HFG costume with some adjustments, I don't care for the skullcap though, it reminds too much of Raza from the Starjammers.