• A replacement for the Omniverse

3 13.64%
  • A brief Multiverse that won't survive Dark Crisis

6 27.27%
  • None of the above

6 27.27%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

It'll last until the next Crisis style event and then we'll get another multiverse.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    Isn't the Omniverse already including every Earth or iteration of these characters or am I missing something?
    Yes but within that Omniverse there are divisions.
    Multiverse-1 is The Orrery where most of the current stories located
    Multiverse-2 is the debris of Pre-Crisis Multiverse
    Metaverse is the archived stories of Earths and Multiverse from Pre-Crisis to New 52
    Then there's the center of the Omniverse: Earth-Alpha (Elseworld) and Earth-Omega (a prison or something I forget)

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Did DC actually do anything with post-Metal multiverse? So this new thing is probably replacing it since they didn't really bother to do anything with it.
    Infinite Frontier, Justice Incarnate and Dark Crisis are basically it. The Great Darkness that exists before the Omniverse was created have been influencing trouble through the whole timeline until it realizes the main problem are superheroes, so it picked Pariah and his motivation from Multiverse-2 to lead the attack on the heroes currently residing on Multiverse-1.

(Previous stories only used 1 Multiverse. The Orrery of New 52 to Rebirth, the singular Earth of Post Crisis, or the Infinite Earths Multiverse of Pre-Crisis.)

Darkseid used Earth-Omega as his HQ before the heroes foiled his plan and had to keep moving until he tried to fight Great Darkness and lost.

The one they haven't used is Elseworld.

Doesn't matter how many "_____"-verses DC has / creates.

The stories still won't make any sense until DC puts down a definitive timeline of what happened and when in the past and all the writers / editors follow it.

I was reading Busiek's twitter and he was talking about an idea that Sgt. Rock was killed by the last bullet fired in WW2 ( https://twitter.com/KurtBusiek/statu...65785331372035 ). There were some discussion there and someone mentioned this or that happened in DC universe and couple of Busiek's responses were rather funny:

Canon. DC. Ha.
    Who cares?

DC blows up their continuity on a regular basis.
    Death Metal ended 18 months ago (less if we remove Future State months) and we are already speaking about new multiverse. Soon it will happen once or twice a year.

I can't believe something called Death Metal got an actual green light as an actual event and not a parody. Let alone years of League stories featuring "space oceans" and a "cosmic doorknob"

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I can't believe something called Death Metal got an actual green light as an actual event and not a parody.
    And how long did we suffer through having "The Batman Who Laughs" as a major threat for the entire DC universe?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And how long did we suffer through having "The Batman Who Laughs" as a major threat for the entire DC universe?
    Far too long.

Well one good thing to come from this bizarre business is that Bryan Hitch's run improves in comparison

**shudder**

BANNED

This week's Flashpoint Beyond #33 seems to hint at the creation of a new multiverse during Dark Crisis.
    fb3.jpg

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I can't believe something called Death Metal got an actual green light as an actual event and not a parody. Let alone years of League stories featuring "space oceans" and a "cosmic doorknob"
    Space ocean as a term is nothing new and we already have cosmic treadmill

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Brent View Post
    This week's Flashpoint Beyond #33 seems to hint at the creation of a new multiverse during Dark Crisis.
    fb3.jpg
    It looks this iteration of Jeff Smith is black. A black Corky Baxter though, would have been so meta.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?