Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

so isca seemed to answer a question i had a while back the arrakkii don't have access to the resurrection protocols.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so isca seemed to answer a question i had a while back the arrakkii don't have access to the resurrection protocols.
    "don't have access" more like just not accepting it because there really isn't a reason they couldn't.

Unless they want to say something like their time in Ameth has affected their geno or something

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    "don't have access" more like just not accepting it because there really isn't a reason they couldn't.

Unless they want to say something like their time in Ameth has affected their geno or something
    They may see resurrection as a sign of weakness.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Krakoa doesn't have their DNA, though I'm sure Sinister is working on it.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Knowing, Sinister he probably already got it. Maybe off Panel.

The art is OK.
    The shade is real. Ora out here like...

I'm genuinely surprised that such a simple technique hasn't been used against Isca before. It seems basic. I'd prefer a true tactician like Storm or Mags to have used it against her, not to make Sunspot look good. Yeah, I dislike Sunspot.
    *waves and moos at sexy Sobunar*
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I'd have to go back and look, but in Hellions on the mission where Sinister killed everyone, he was trying to get some genetic stuff from Tarn.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    They may see resurrection as a sign of weakness.
    I think the the Quiet Council offered the Arrakkii access to the resurrection protocols, but it was rejected for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    I'd have to go back and look, but in Hellions on the mission where Sinister killed everyone, he was trying to get some genetic stuff from Tarn.
    Yep, in Hillions Sinister managed to steal Tarn and the Locus Vile's DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    The art is OK.
    The shade is real. Ora out here like...

I'm genuinely surprised that such a simple technique hasn't been used against Isca before. It seems basic. I'd prefer a true tactician like Storm or Mags to have used it against her, not to make Sunspot look good. Yeah, I dislike Sunspot.
    *waves and moos at sexy Sobunar*
    According to Ewing, Sunspot is a master tactician and strategist.

Yeah, I’m still not buying it either, but Al insists. And I suppose Berto was trained by Magneto and Storm, and Cable too. So there’s that.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

I think it might have been that normally Isca WOULDN'T be able to be manipulated like that, but the problem is that she underestimated Krakoans like Sunspot in general, and she might have accidentally set the stage for her power accepting his bet as a legitimate conflict by the way she herself framed their encounter. Her line about 'love is a battleground,' etc. Roberto just played into the framework she already left herself open to.....and it could be the reason it's never happened before is she never would have made that mistake with other Arakkii.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I think it might have been that normally Isca WOULDN'T be able to be manipulated like that, but the problem is that she underestimated Krakoans like Sunspot in general, and she might have accidentally set the stage for her power accepting his bet as a legitimate conflict by the way she herself framed their encounter. Her line about 'love is a battleground,' etc. Roberto just played into the framework she already left herself open to.....and it could be the reason it's never happened before is she never would have made that mistake with other Arakkii.
    Damn.

Well said. I think you're onto something there.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    According to Ewing, Sunspot is a master tactician and strategist.
    Yeah, I’m still not buying it either, but Al insists. And I suppose Berto was trained by Magneto and Storm, and Cable too. So there’s that.
    Magik and Moonstar could have pulled this off with ease, maybe even Karma... but Sunspot? The push this rich douche has gotten recently irks me. At least he got his neck snapped last issue.
    Yeah, she underestimated Sunspot. I mean... it's Sunspot. He wasn't particularly smart for decades.
    OK, the Sunspot hate is over from me. For now...
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Oooh...It's getting good!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Isca just got Finessed by the King of Finessing people...Sunspot LOL.

It's ok. It happens to the best of us. :-)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Isca just got Finessed by the King of Finessing people...Sunspot LOL.

It's ok. It happens to the best of us. :-)
    All this talk about Sunspot and his history has me remembering that you know what, its not just Hope, Rogue and Synch that have the power to copy other mutations.

There's another power mimic who like Isca, is decidedly NOT a fan of Berto's....

Gideon. One of the only three Externals still alive and in this dimension (the other two being Absolom - the non Mercator one - and Burke - who was killed in his last appearance, but then shown reincarnated as a baby pages later. So he's like, a toddler now, lol, but still counts. Especially since someone like Tempus could age him back up to his usual appearance in no time).

Anyway, not sure how likely it is to be relevant, but really hope for Berto's sake that Gideon doesn't decide to check out the sights on Mars any time soon. The last thing he needs is Gideon hanging around Isca and ending up with TWO enemies who can't be beaten.