Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Immortality is likely just a side effect of her main power; she can't die, because it would be considered a lose, and she can't lose, so, she can't die.
    ehhhh I don't think so
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    She seems to have multiple powers immortality and probability manipulation. When she is in situations where her powers can't tweak the odds in her favor, her powers force her to switch sides in order to survive.
    Yeah, that's what it looks like. That aspect of her powers tweaking the odds in her favor reminds me of Darwin, for sure.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Astonishing Member

It might not be intentional, but it does seem the Arakkii and Okkarans before them are biologically immortal as part of the “no, mutants are actually an ancient and seperate species who the sapiens usurped”

If not for Marauders making mutants older than multicellular life on Earth I’d half think a revelation from AXE would be that Kro was mutantkind’s Deviant ancestor

Yeah, I still haven’t figured out if all of the Arakki are immortal or just a handful of them.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah, I still haven’t figured out if all of the Arakki are immortal or just a handful of them.
    With the caveat of how much back-pedalling has been done since Inferno across the board; my understanding is from Excalibur is that a mutants bones continually draw in mystical energy and it is drawn in and amplified the greater the concentration of mutants until its self-perpetuating?

And the Shaw thing reminds me that they’ve backpedaled on the ‘will make humanity’s technological edge obsolete” biotech revolution that Forge was supposed to bring about beyond using Xavier’s Brains for a satellite

I don't think External immortality is inherited; otherwise, Earth would be chock full of immortals, since there are many Externals, they are known to make children, and they have been around for thousands of years...

BUT, we know Apocalypse can use the Celestial Seeds and Celestial technology to enhance people, probably making them immortal as part of the package... He probably rewarded the strongest mutants with immortality, starting with Genesis and Isca, and maybe that form of artificial immortality is inherited...

Isca's such a sore loser

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids;[URL="tel:6096518"
    6096518[/URL]]It might not be intentional, but it does seem the Arakkii and Okkarans before them are biologically immortal as part of the “no, mutants are actually an ancient and seperate species who the sapiens usurped
    Can you elaborate?

Maaaaybe time moves different in the other dimension? Or maybe something unique to it kept them (not immortal) mutants alive??

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids;[URL="tel:6096553"
    6096553[/URL]]With the caveat of how much back-pedalling has been done since Inferno across the board; my understanding is from Excalibur is that a mutants bones continually draw in mystical energy and it is drawn in and amplified the greater the concentration of mutants until its self-perpetuating?
    you mean External Mutants?

Quote Originally Posted by Habis;[URL="tel:6096581"
    6096581[/URL]]
    I don't think External immortality is inherited; otherwise, Earth would be chock full of immortals, since there are many Externals, they are known to make children, and they have been around for thousands of years...
    Before hox the #of known External Mutants was about 8 and out of all them I think Selene was the only one yo claim to have kids. ... Perhaps External mutants can't conceive kids very easily??
    Quote Originally Posted by Habis;[URL="tel:6096581"
    6096581[/URL]]BUT, we know Apocalypse can use the Celestial Seeds and Celestial technology to enhance people, probably making them immortal as part of the package... He probably rewarded the strongest mutants with immortality, starting with Genesis and Isca, and maybe that form of artificial immortality is inherited...
    Ehhhh idk the way I read it Genesis and Isca side of the family was a lot more prestigious then Apocalypse Might be likely immortality comes from their X-Gene
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Boy;[URL="tel:6096586"
    6096586[/URL]]Isca's such a sore loser
    Nahhh she'll never be lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Personally, I've tried not to draw too many conclusions about Arakkii longevity based just on the mutants we've seen as long-lived, because they're almost all confirmed omegas, Apocalypse's family, or Externals, and all three of those groups have explanations for immortality, that don't actually say or guarantee anything about other mutants.

I mean Externals like The White Sword - obvious why they're still alive. And his Hundred Companions seem to be contemporaries of his, but his mutant power includes healing to the point of literally bringing people back from the dead, so presumably like, he can keep them young or stave off old age.

Omegas - As has been discussed in a lot of topics about omega mutants, immortality isn't a given, built-in power for all or even most of them, but omegas' powers are SO vast, most have ways they can use their powers to make themselves functionally immortal or at least long-lived. Like, most of the focus on Arakki has been about the Great Ring, and them all being long-lived doesn't mean anything for the average Arakkii, because like, omegas are gonna omega.

Apocalypse's family - I agree with those who say External traits don't seem to be inherited by children of an External, so I don't think Apocalypse being an External has anything to do with his children's longevity (though I maintain Isca's longevity is from her being an External as well, and Genesis' likely is a function of her omega powers). But Apocalypse has a history of using magic, and a history of using Celestial tech, and both or either of those could account for his childrens' longevity. BUT if I had to guess, I'd say that possibly the First Horsemen's longevity comes from Genesis and her powers. We still don't really know WHAT her powers even are - we've only seen them used to manipulate plant life, but who's to say that she doesn't have powers over other kinds of biological life, like Elixir, or maybe her powers are actually some kind of reverse of Selene's, instead of draining life force she enhances it, maybe? *Shrugs* But there's lots of ways Genesis could be hand-waved as the reason for her children's longevity and that of other key Arakkii players. Moreso than Apocalypse, I'd guess if anyone was handing out extra centuries of life to people who had her favor or seemed worthy or whatever, it was likely her, not him.

(A couple of other Arakkii who don't fit into any of these groups also seem to be long-lived, like Solem, but dude has adamantium skin, I'm just gonna assume aging just isn't a thing he does because of his own power, even though he's not an External or omega. Like Logan. Some powers just lend themselves to long life.)

But yeah, overall, this has been bugging me too, but I think its more likely due to where the focus on Arakkii individuals has been applied, and immortality or extreme longevity is just associated with key Arakkii individuals - not necessarily that its common among the whole population of five million or so mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Before hox the #of known External Mutants was about 8 and out of all them I think Selene was the only one yo claim to have kids. ... Perhaps External mutants can't conceive kids very easily??
    If somebody lived and had children 2,000 years or more, almost everybody in the planet is likely to be descended from that person.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...dam-rutherford
    https://www.nationalgeographic.com/s...versal-royalty
    https://nautil.us/youre-descended-fr...ody-else-6946/

Basically, if somebody had children thousands of years ago, and their descendants didn't die out during the next few generations, there is a VERY high probability of almost everybody in the planet being descended from them...

Selene was born 17,000 years ago and she had children. Everybody in the planet is descended from her, several times over.
    Apocalypse was born 5,000 years ago and he had children. That means everybody in the planet is descended from him.
    Crule is old enough to be a worshipper of Ishtar, so he probably is thousands of years old.
    Candra is at least a thousand years old.
    Nicodemus and Garbha-Hsien are said to be even older than all these.

Everybody in the planet should be descended from these six Externals. Or at least from Selene and Apocalypse, who have been confirmed to have made kids.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Ehhhh idk the way I read it Genesis and Isca side of the family was a lot more prestigious then Apocalypse Might be likely immortality comes from their X-Gene.
    Prestige is irrelevant. Genesis and Isca may be able to kick Apocalypse's ass all the way from Okkara to the Moon and back, but he still was the one with the Celestial tech that could make people immortal.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Like, most of the focus on Arakki has been about the Great Ring, and them all being long-lived doesn't mean anything for the average Arakkii, because like, omegas are gonna omega.
    Was it actually said what all members of Great Ring are long-lived and were around from the start? I think Isca was the only one we knew for sure, and after her words about Tarn in previous issue it is now confirmed what he was also around from the start. But the rest of them? I'm not sure. At least one, Idyll, is certainly not the original one and instead is their descendant, so it is quite likely what other members are also not from the first generation and instead were born later on.

Unrelated, but I just realized what Isca's words and actions in last issue don't make sense. She was forced to join Amenth's side, so she was fighting against Arrako for thousands of years, they were enemies all this time, right? So, why was she upset about Tarn's death? Also, why is she even a member of the Great Ring? When she joined them? I'm trying to remember details from X of Swords, if Arrako and Amenth were enemies, then why Isca and members of Great Ring fought together? Why were they even fighting Krakoa's mutants?

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Apocalypse's family - I agree with those who say External traits don't seem to be inherited by children of an External, so I don't think Apocalypse being an External has anything to do with his children's longevity.
    We know for sure his longevity is not passed down genetically. Even before their children with Genesis first appeared, multiple descendants of Apocalypse were shown, including Blink and Chamber. Entire Clan Akkaba originally consisted of his direct descendants. And none of them were immortal.

Unrelated, but I just realized what Isca's words and actions in last issue don't make sense. She was forced to join Amenth's side, so she was fighting against Arrako for thousands of years, they were enemies all this time, right? So, why was she upset about Tarn's death? Also, why is she even a member of the Great Ring? When she joined them? I'm trying to remember details from X of Swords, if Arrako and Amenth were enemies, then why Isca and members of Great Ring fought together? Why were they even fighting Krakoa's mutants?
    Tarn is a half-demon mutant who served the Amenthi demons and Annihilation. Isca changed sides due to her power and served Annihilation too. So both Tarn and Isca, together with other half-demon hybrids, Tarn's Locus Vile sect and Amenth's Summoners fought on the side of Annihilation and their demons against Arrako during a thousand years...

When Genesis became Annihilation (she was forced to don the helmet) she became the leader of both Amenth and Arrako, and both factions became one, and at that point Isca and Tarn re-joined Arakkon (but they were still hated as enemies by most Arraki).

Astonishing Member

Was it actually said what all members of Great Ring are long-lived and were around from the start? I think Isca was the only one we knew for sure, and after her words about Tarn in previous issue it is now confirmed what he was also around from the start. But the rest of them? I'm not sure. At least one, Idyll, is certainly not the original one and instead is their descendant, so it is quite likely what other members are also not from the first generation and instead were born later on.
    As to this part, we know of at least several of the Great Ring who aren't original members of it, but even they seem to have at least some longevity. Like Idyll is the daughter of the Idyll who was on the Great Ring when Arakko first ended up in Amenth, so she's not an original member, but she was present when Genesis made plans to launch her final assault on Amenth over a hundred years ago, so she still has some degree of longevity. Ora Serrata isn't an original member either but Legion of X specifically detailed that she challenged Uqesh six hundred years ago. Xilo's confirmed to be old as **** but his powers are weird and not super well-defined yet. Tarn was at least a thousand years old, but that could have been due to his use of his powers on himself, or due to being a hybrid mutant with an Amenthi demon parent as well as an Arakki mutant one. Lodus Logos, Sobunar, Nameless and Lactuca - no idea how old any of them are/were, or if they were original GR members.

so are the mars mutants not being backed up... is Tarn not in que?
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    so are the mars mutants not being backed up... is Tarn not in que?
    I think he probably has a way to come back on his own, but no resurrection protocols for the Arakki. If Tarn is a darker equivalent to Sinister that is.