Extraordinary Member

Default Batman: Fortress #2 Preview

Batman: Fortress #2 Preview
    Writer: Gary Whitta
    Artist: Darick Robertson

I thought this would've been the Snyder League with Kendra being there instead of Hawkman (the dialogue would've made more sense for Kendra) until they brought up Jessica instead of John.

Didn't expect them to bring back the BarryxJessica ship (not that it makes Barry look good here).

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Didn't expect them to bring back the BarryxJessica ship (not that it makes Barry look good here).
    Well... Ugh. How is that ship serious? Is it popular or something? Personally, I don't like it - but I'd totally accept this pairing on an alternate Earth. (Does this story take place on an alternate Earth, btw?)
    Last edited by The Invincible Beawulf; 06-25-2022 at 05:48 AM. Reason: one more sentence added
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Well... Ugh. How is that ship serious? Is it popular or something? Personally, I don't like it - but I'd totally accept this pairing on an alternate Earth. (Does this story take place on an alternate Earth, btw?)
    I don't think it's popular so much as something that happened because they feel compelled to pair a Flash and a GL together .

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think it's popular so much as something that happened because they feel compelled to pair a Flash and a GL together .
    Oh, I see. The BarryxHal pairing. I saw/read a comic fanfic about this pairing and *blushed*.

Iirc, there was a storyline in which Barry and Jessica had twins. I found them cute there, I have to admit.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Naturally Cyborg gets taken out first. The "reveal" of the nature of the aliens could've been less predictable, as if Superman's absence didn't give it away already.