Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member

Default Batman/Catwoman #12 Preview

Batman/Catwoman #12 Preview
    Writer: Tom King
    Artist: Clay Mann

Fantastic Member

Just adding my two cents. Not a fan of King's interpretation of Bruce & Selina's relationship. It's too dark, and there isn't enough fun moments to balance that. I miss Selina's long hair.

--jthree

It's definitely been a journey to get here.

Definitely one of the Batman comics ever published.

BANNED

Ah yes, the era that set Bat/Cat back by decades and something it may never recover from

It's funny, because I think when it comes to endings, King nailed the perfect ones for both Bruce (annual#2) and Selina (the Bat/Cat holiday special), this series felt some unnecessary in light of them.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 06-25-2022 at 02:03 AM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Cannot believe how long it has been, it feels like yesterday these boards were aflame with either high praise for King or seething hate for King.

I for one am excited to see his ending for a character that at first I didn't think he was suited for but now think he is one of the few writers that actually did something with our Dark Knight

Censorship Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Definitely one of the Batman comics ever published.
    I agree, it is definitely one of the Batman comics that have been published haha

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's definitely been a journey to get here.

I do wonder if King had been allowed to do his 100-105 issue run , where would Batman be at this point in time ?
    I started to read Bat/Cat in the beginning , but after about 5-6 issues gave up on it because of the delays.
    But I wonder if Bob Harras decision to stop King at # 85 was the best idea or not ?
    Well next week Batman gets another new start, so we'll eventually see how it all stacks up.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Kings final arc was City of Bane right? Now that they know they've been tricked issue 86-100 would be the cooling down leading to the ending, the main content would be reestablishing the relationship, and reassuring that their fears wouldn't come true or theyll face it together

The beginning was the relationship starting
    The rising conflict is the proposal
    The anticlimax was the failed wedding
    The second conflict is the depression
    The climax was City of Bane
    The cooling down would be mending the things they broke during the depression. I think there would've been more moments with Gordon and the family, the people he hurt when he's depressed, and other collaterals like Dick, to allow proper healing and mending of relationships. Maybe including Thomas Wayne as well, who knows.

So after the mending and healing every member of the family can be there for a grander wedding, or that's just what I want
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 06-29-2022 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Kings final arc was City of Bane right? Now that they know they've been tricked issue 86-100 would be the cooling down leading to the ending, the main content would be reestablishing the relationship, and reassuring that their fears wouldn't come true or theyll face it together

The beginning was the relationship starting
    The rising conflict is the proposal
    The anticlimax was the failed wedding
    The second conflict is the depression
    The climax was City of Bane
    The cooling down would be mending the things they broke during the depression. I think there would've been more moments with Gordon and the family, the people he hurt when he's depressed, and other collaterals like Dick, to allow proper healing and mending of relationships. Maybe including Thomas Wayne as well, who knows.

So after the mending and healing every member of the family can be there for a grander wedding, or that's just what I want
    King confirmed that the final 15 issues would have focused on villain of the week stories since he never got to do those type of arcs in his run.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    But I wonder if Bob Harras decision to stop King at # 85 was the best idea or not ?
    No from my point of view they should have stopped him way earlier, or not put him on the book in the first place.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    No from my point of view they should have stopped him way earlier, or not put him on the book in the first place.
    any incite as to how he got the book in the first place? Was it because of Vision?