All-New Member

Thank god .After six weeks the best x-book is back

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I genuinely forgot this title existed.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I genuinely forgot this title existed.
    So did I.
    While I could see other mutants being concerned about some of the prisoners, I can't imagine anyone believing that Sabertooth is worth rescuing.
    My flag is bacon.

Oh Birdy T_T
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Oh man I forgot about this title too!

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I forgot about it too. Hopefully it leads to some status quo change for Creed, otherwise I’m not sure what the point was.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I forgot about it too. Hopefully it leads to some status quo change for Creed, otherwise I’m not sure what the point was.
    Well the author, LaValle said he wasn't really interested in Sabretooth but saw potential to address some interesting things story wise.

Notice how of all the characters in the book, Creed is not the one most readers are talking about, it's the other characters getting all the interesting stories.

Meanwhile, LaValle did a podcast saying how Creed was just an evil bisexual rapist that didn't have the ability to care about anyone and any stories that gave Creed nuance, he hated. For example he credits bland as hell Origins II as a good Sabretooth story (which we see him borrowing elements from). Meanwhile he said Mary Shelly Overdrive wasn't good & was weird.

This book was a way to push his favorite characters, and seems liked he had to use Creed by default because of where it takes place.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    So did I.
    While I could see other mutants being concerned about some of the prisoners, I can't imagine anyone believing that Sabertooth is worth rescuing.
    Lol sad that this thought also immediately came to my mind.

Could it be Birdy?
    GrindrStone(D)

Uh, if some of you guys are trying to get expectations low to prevent disappointment that's good
    But back to LVL's podcast(s) (did he did another one except CerebroX?) at least he considers Sabretooth as a big deal, and that's what he showed in the last 3 issues

I'm not saying it's bad people on this board care more about supporting chars than Sabretooth himself, but LVL's thoughts on Sabretooth should be meaningful

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Well the author, LaValle said he wasn't really interested in Sabretooth but saw potential to address some interesting things story wise.

Notice how of all the characters in the book, Creed is not the one most readers are talking about, it's the other characters getting all the interesting stories.

Meanwhile, LaValle did a podcast saying how Creed was just an evil bisexual rapist that didn't have the ability to care about anyone and any stories that gave Creed nuance, he hated. For example he credits bland as hell Origins II as a good Sabretooth story (which we see him borrowing elements from). Meanwhile he said Mary Shelly Overdrive wasn't good & was weird.

This book was a way to push his favorite characters, and seems liked he had to use Creed by default because of where it takes place.
    By this if Sabretooth is all those things and becoming one with the land, wouldn't that be violated the holy land, or rather the intent. Should be interesting to see how this ends. It is a very well written and beautifully drawn book but i have felt it's leading somewhere specific but at least he's writing the heck out of getting there unlike some. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Can't wait. Really enjoyed the last one too. The concept is a bit small but it works well for Creed.

Quote Originally Posted by WildR View Post
    Uh, if some of you guys are trying to get expectations low to prevent disappointment that's good
    But back to LVL's podcast(s) (did he did another one except CerebroX?) at least he considers Sabretooth as a big deal, and that's what he showed in the last 3 issues

I'm not saying it's bad people on this board care more about supporting chars than Sabretooth himself, but LVL's thoughts on Sabretooth should be meaningful
    Yeah i agree with this. He’s written Sabretooth as a competent character who not only warped this prison into his own domain, but is actively manipulating the supporting characters around. Sure LaValle called him an irredeemable rapist… but ain’t that the truth? I’d much rather a writer be honest about the character they’re writing and still do a good job writing them instead of pulling Gillen and having Sinister just declare, “i’m not racist anymore so it’s fine that I’m the focus of this series.”

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah i agree with this. He’s written Sabretooth as a competent character who not only warped this prison into his own domain, but is actively manipulating the supporting characters around. Sure LaValle called him an irredeemable rapist… but ain’t that the truth? I’d much rather a writer be honest about the character they’re writing and still do a good job writing them instead of pulling Gillen and having Sinister just declare, “i’m not racist anymore so it’s fine that I’m the focus of this series.”
    Mystique is equally bad as Creed bit that never defines her character like it does whenever Creed is concerned.

Raven is living happily ever after with Destiny & getting to do stuff.

Creed is in a hole in a series that may or may not matter, and did nothing of note since turning heel again.