Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Mystique is equally bad as Creed bit that never defines her character like it does whenever Creed is concerned.

Raven is living happily ever after with Destiny & getting to do stuff.

Creed is in a hole in a series that may or may not matter, and did nothing of note since turning heel again.
    The X-Men having moral and ethical double standards in how they handle people? Heaven forbid .

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The X-Men having moral and ethical double standards in how they handle people? Heaven forbid .
    More like the writers having double standards based on which characters they like.

And it's always clear when a character is being written by a writer that doesn't care too much about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Mystique is equally bad as Creed bit that never defines her character like it does whenever Creed is concerned.

Raven is living happily ever after with Destiny & getting to do stuff.

Creed is in a hole in a series that may or may not matter, and did nothing of note since turning heel again.
    What does that have to do with LaVelle and THIS story though? The decision to put Sabretooth into the pit happened far before this mini-series and (so far) seems to be leading to a prison break.

Does the X-Office as a whole have issues with double-standards? Yup. You even have other books where characters are calling out Sinister being on the council.

And idk I feel like Mystique isn’t defined solely by her negative traits because she was introduced as a character with a daughter and a (heavily coded) lover that she cares for. She’s always had selective soft spots even though she’s garbage 98% of the time.

I also don’t think the solution to this problem is to go “well this one rapist isn’t being treated like a rapist so let’s pretend that all the rapists are actually fine people.”

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    What does that have to do with LaVelle and THIS story though? The decision to put Sabretooth into the pit happened far before this mini-series and (so far) seems to be leading to a prison break.

Does the X-Office as a whole have issues with double-standards? Yup. You even have other books where characters are calling out Sinister being on the council.

And idk I feel like Mystique isn’t defined solely by her negative traits because she was introduced as a character with a daughter and a (heavily coded) lover that she cares for. She’s always had selective soft spots even though she’s garbage 98% of the time.

I also don’t think the solution to this problem is to go “well this one rapist isn’t being treated like a rapist so let’s pretend that all the rapists are actually fine people.”
    I say it as this story isn't that great either imo. Least not for Creed, which seems his only story is EEEEEVIL.

Give him the nuance he used to have 25 years ago like the other evil characters still get to have.

He doesn't need to be good. But like Mystique, he had his depth & even soft spots here & there that most modern writers, LaValle included have taken away & refuse to give back.

Hence 1 of the many reasons he's such a joke character now that he can be thrown in the trash, replaced, and forgotten for almost 3 years. And LaValle's podcast didn't sound promising. Least not with Creed. But other character & themes, it's great.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-26-2022 at 11:59 PM.

Showing Sabretooth's mental-weakness or softness MIGHT be good for him, but LVL's rejection doesn't necessarily mean he treats Sabretooth as non-depth jobber like Gillon or Pak or other lines of writes after Tieri did

Even pure evilness doesn't mean flatness, Victor LaValle already showed Victor Creed's finesse as well as cruelty, and which is more important, this 5-issues-long mini focuses on rebellion. What LVL brought us have been already making sense

This book disappointed me so much. I expected/wished for a story about Creed escaping and wrecking havoc on Krakoa. I wish he would've been the one to deal with the 5 and RP, but it looks like they saving that for that Eternals/Avengers crossover.