Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default GAS vs the marvel universe

Who In the marvel 616 universe can beat gas? In a regular fight gas can't planet busting or speed bleetz

No cosmic entities on Galactus level because that would be a stomp
    Last edited by choptop; 06-24-2022 at 08:32 PM.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Awe, I thought the MCU was going to have to participate in Nickelodeon's Games and Sports. I was going to make an Aggro Crag reference!
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

The fact that the OP needs to limit so much says a lot.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    The fact that the OP needs to limit so much says a lot.
    I had too otherwise the 616 can just have Dr doom make cosmic cube or something or gas just blow's the Earth up or they send gas back in time or something I wanted to see if anyone in marvel can stop gas or team up to stop him or is he really a overpowered tool.
    Last edited by choptop; 06-24-2022 at 05:41 PM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Setting aside Galactus-level cosmic, blowing up the planet, and stuff like the Infinity Gauntlet, you took out -

- Psychic attacks;
    - Time Travel;
    - Speed;
    - Spiritual Attacks;
    - Reality Warping;
    - Transmutation.

...and then asked if anyone could stop Gas.

I mean, if you're taking out all of that stuff, that's my point: it's pretty clear that there's a whole LIST of people who could stop this guy, if not for the long list of things they're not allowed to do.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Setting aside Galactus-level cosmic, blowing up the planet, and stuff like the Infinity Gauntlet, you took out -

- Psychic attacks;
    - Time Travel;
    - Speed;
    - Spiritual Attacks;
    - Reality Warping;
    - Transmutation.

...and then asked if anyone could stop Gas.

I mean, if you're taking out all of that stuff, that's my point: it's pretty clear that there's a whole LIST of people who could stop this guy, if not for the long list of things they're not allowed to do.
    Ya I know Galactus-level ppl can stomp him that's why I took them out of the fight the other stuff the IG Time Travel isn't really a fight so that's why I took it out.

What I'm asking is can anyone in marvel beat him in a fight without using tricks lol

Basically how over powerd is gas?

Also taking out speed and planet busting is against gas really not marvel.

If it's a stupid question I do apologize I'm just trying to see were gas land's power Wise.
    Last edited by choptop; 06-24-2022 at 07:30 PM.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I think an easier way to put this would just be to ask who in Marvel can beat Gas in a slugfest of trading blows. Making it a conquer-the-setting scenario and then taking away 90% of the setting's capabilities makes it really weird.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I think an easier way to put this would just be to ask who in Marvel can beat Gas in a slugfest of trading blows. Making it a conquer-the-setting scenario and then taking away 90% of the setting's capabilities makes it really weird.
    Ya you're right I always complicate things my bad.

Ok I updated it.
    Last edited by choptop; 06-24-2022 at 08:24 PM.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Is the Manga Super just drastically weaker than the anime? Are they not universal busters in there? Certainly doesn't feel that way reading the Gas fight.

Who the heck is Gas?
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Who the heck is Gas?
    The new big bad in dragon ball
    https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Gas

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Is the Manga Super just drastically weaker than the anime? Are they not universal busters in there? Certainly doesn't feel that way reading the Gas fight.
    Well Moro had the energy that if he blew up the super dragon balls(which are spread out across two sister universes) would be destroyed, so it is implied they have that power it just isn't shown off like it is sometimes in the anime, unfortunately.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Well, if they ARE that strong than limiting this to a slugfest with guys who can punch apart universes and then removing cosmics seems kinda pointless.

Like many of the main fighters, kind of in this weird place where universal foes (normally a good challenge) aren't enough, but reality warping (beyond regular magic, like God tier) can be too much.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Thing is, even many cosmics in Marvel (DC as well) are still absolutely vulnerable to getting their crap kicked in physically. And someone who is like 15 explicit, massive power-ups stronger and faster than "punch-ups threaten the universe" SSG level, like Gas is, is going to blitz them and then punch them millions of time (though it'll only take once) in the schnozz with universe-threatening levels of power.

Gas so far hasn't shown any resistance at all to esoterics. Many DB people have over time, and many of them are much weaker than Gas, but he, specifically has not. All he has done so far is to learn IT while Goku was using it, and then to actually enhance it to a level nobody has seen so far (using it on others without touching them).

Gas is too fast and too strong for anyone on Marvel Earth, and he can just bust the planet and move on to end the threat if the OP doesn't remove that.

Silver Surfer maybe can do something - he's still faster I'd say, no matter how we scale DB, and he can turn Gas into a teacup. The thing is, turning DB people who are much weaker than Gas into other things sometimes doesn't work out for the transformer (Buu v. Vegeto). Also, suitably powerful DB people (and Gas is top of that list for now) have flat out resisted esoterics before.

Mileage will vary, a lot.

Ugh, sucks to use the guy in a Rumble. He only has about 4 issues of feats at top power (Bardock fights clearly don't count), and he's only engaged in punch-ups, ki blasts, TK and teleportation so far.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan