Extraordinary Member

Default Kibutsuji Muzan vs Tomura Shigaraki

The creator of the Demons versus the new All for One

Muzan, so far as I recall, only had major fights after getting a serious nerf from poison. But it wouldn't be fair to have him literally be dying from word go. So for the sake of this match, assume that his physicals are capped to what we've actually seen from him, but otherwise he's not rapidly aging or anything of that nature.

Shigaraki has his All for One powers, of course.

Bonus: They sit and talk

Extraordinary Member

Between Shigaraki's enhanced durability and healing factor, I don't think there's a lot that Mutant can really do to put him down.

On the flip side, Muzan's best defence against Shigaraki's Decay is his healing factor, and that'll only stall it for a bit I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Between Shigaraki's enhanced durability and healing factor, I don't think there's a lot that Mutant can really do to put him down.

On the flip side, Muzan's best defence against Shigaraki's Decay is his healing factor, and that'll only stall it for a bit I think.
    Didn't realize that Muzan was an X-man.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Given that Shigaraki was at "wiping out entire towns," like fully two power ups ago, he's definitely got the juice to put Muzan down.

He is, however, going to get absolutely blitzed because MHA isn't great for speed feats.

How powerful is his regen? Muzan landing hits, which is gong to happen, will infect him with cell destroying poison and he can hit him with lightning that inflicts a blood art that causes him to have repeated seizures.

If he can stop him from touching the ground and decaying everything, then he could just keep hitting him until he goes down but I don't know how viable that is.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Given that Shigaraki was at "wiping out entire towns," like fully two power ups ago, he's definitely got the juice to put Muzan down.

He is, however, going to get absolutely blitzed because MHA isn't great for speed feats.

How powerful is his regen? Muzan landing hits, which is gong to happen, will infect him with cell destroying poison and he can hit him with lightning that inflicts a blood art that causes him to have repeated seizures.

If he can stop him from touching the ground and decaying everything, then he could just keep hitting him until he goes down but I don't know how viable that is.
    IIRC he survived a prolonged burning from Endeavor and repeated One for All Smashes

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    IIRC he survived a prolonged burning from Endeavor and repeated One for All Smashes
    Was that Shigaraki or AFO? I really lost track if they are fully the same guy or two separate guys.

Also defences against induced seizures?

Extraordinary Member

Was that Shigaraki or AFO? I really lost track if they are fully the same guy or two separate guys.

Also defences against induced seizures?
    That was Shigaraki's body, this was before All For One got broken out of jail.

I couldn't find anything that would be especially helpful against Seizures. He did have one Quirk that could have theoretically reflected the attack, but it got confirmed destroyed

Extraordinary Member

Could you clarify which version of Shigaraki we're using. The one with all the powers he had during the Raid arc and the fight against Star and Stripe, or the current one who's lost some quirks but now has massive hands growing out of him? And is All For One's consciouness in play for this fight?

As for Shigaraki's durability and healing. With the latest chapter it's clarified that the reason Endeavor's Prominence Burn didn't kill Shigaraki is because he was durable enough for the healing to take effect, unlike the high-End nomu Hood, who could regenerate from just a head in a few seconds but was burned to ash by the Prominence Burn. And in his fight against Star and Stripe he gets stuck to the ground with a massive laser spear that does continuous damage to him, but it's offset by his regen, said spear is vaporising the ocean water around him.

Without his healing factor Shigaraki was hit with multiple attacks from Endeavor's flashfire attacks, which are strong enough to slice through skyscrapers, and several explosions from Bakugo. It does some superficial damage but he's in one piece and ready to rumble through it all. He even catches a 100% Smash attack from Deku with his mouth and only gets some bloody gums from it.

Has Muzan's attacks ever had any effect on somebody with the level of durability and regeneration that Shigaraki has? He really needs to keep Shigaraki from touching the ground or deal with Decay.

Could you clarify which version of Shigaraki we're using. The one with all the powers he had during the Raid arc and the fight against Star and Stripe, or the current one who's lost some quirks but now has massive hands growing out of him? And is All For One's consciouness in play for this fight?

As for Shigaraki's durability and healing. With the latest chapter it's clarified that the reason Endeavor's Prominence Burn didn't kill Shigaraki is because he was durable enough for the healing to take effect, unlike the high-End nomu Hood, who could regenerate from just a head in a few seconds but was burned to ash by the Prominence Burn. And in his fight against Star and Stripe he gets stuck to the ground with a massive laser spear that does continuous damage to him, but it's offset by his regen, said spear is vaporising the ocean water around him.

Without his healing factor Shigaraki was hit with multiple attacks from Endeavor's flashfire attacks, which are strong enough to slice through skyscrapers, and several explosions from Bakugo. It does some superficial damage but he's in one piece and ready to rumble through it all. He even catches a 100% Smash attack from Deku with his mouth and only gets some bloody gums from it.
    All very helpful stuff.

Has Muzan's attacks ever had any effect on somebody with the level of durability and regeneration that Shigaraki has? He really needs to keep Shigaraki from touching the ground or deal with Decay.
    Short answer; no.

Longer answer; durability hell no. No one in KnY is that durable. Regeneration is a bit hard to say. Muzan effortlessly kills reasonably high level demons because he's disappointed with them but the caveat to that is that it's his blood that makes them demons and grants their regeneration in the first place.

Even base level demons, as long as their brain isn't destroyed or if they aren't beheaded by a Nichirin blade, will keep on coming and can regrow limbs or other body parts in less than a second.

Muzan is a lot faster than Shigaraki, so he could possibly do some kind of consistent combo juggling and inducing the seizures in him but it's going to take a while and Shigaraki only really needs to touch the ground to make things real bad for the flightless Muzan.

Not really seeing much of a path for the lord of demons here.

Extraordinary Member

Current Shigaraki.

As for All for One's Consciousness, I was under the impression that All for One had copied his consciousness over to Shigaraki. If that assumption is correct, then yes it is in play.

Extraordinary Member

Current Shigaraki.
    All right, massive hands that can potentially activate Decay flooding out of Shigaraki is a thing then.
    As for All for One's Consciousness, I was under the impression that All for One had copied his consciousness over to Shigaraki. If that assumption is correct, then yes it is in play.
    That's correct, more or less.

All For One the person handed All For One the quirk over to Shigaraki (while keeping a copy of the quirk himself). With the quirk came a vestige of All For One that now inhabits Shigaraki's mindscape, in the same way that vestiges of the pervious One For All holders exist within Deku. That vestige is merging with Shigaraki and might be forming an entirely new entity (which I like to call All For Shigaraki). We've yet to see the final fallout from that.
    Short answer; no.

Longer answer; durability hell no. No one in KnY is that durable. Regeneration is a bit hard to say. Muzan effortlessly kills reasonably high level demons because he's disappointed with them but the caveat to that is that it's his blood that makes them demons and grants their regeneration in the first place.

Even base level demons, as long as their brain isn't destroyed or if they aren't beheaded by a Nichirin blade, will keep on coming and can regrow limbs or other body parts in less than a second.

Muzan is a lot faster than Shigaraki, so he could possibly do some kind of consistent combo juggling and inducing the seizures in him but it's going to take a while and Shigaraki only really needs to touch the ground to make things real bad for the flightless Muzan.

Not really seeing much of a path for the lord of demons here.
    That is a fair analysis.

And now that it's confirmed that it's current Shigaraki we're working with things just got more difficult for Muzan. He now has to deal with a huge flood of fingers and hands growing out of Shigaraki as well. It's been theorized that Shiggy can use Decay through those as well, but since his quirks are currently being erased it's not sure.