Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Not thinking about MCU really, so I'd say the three biggest have always been Spider-Man, the Hulk and Wolverine. From the 60's-80's Thor, Captain America and Iron Man were very relevant but as the "Big Three" of the Avengers. The Fantastic Four were huge for a long time, too.

Quote Originally Posted by ENTRYS View Post
    No. It tore me up inside to put Black Panther next to Daredevil and Punisher. Are you seriously going to tell me that character – prior to the movie – was ANYWHERE CLOSE to the comic book / character popularity of a Daredevil and a Punisher? The B tier is still a massively popular tier for Marvel characters, but these characters still can't compete with Spider-Man, the X-Men and others, who are in S and A. Prior to the movie I would have had Black Panther in C or D.
    That’s your biased opinion. Daredevil and Punisher are not as popular as you’re making them seem. You hate Black Panther for no good reason, and I find it stupid. I’m entitled to that opinion, just like you’re entitled to believe things that you fabricate or unjustifiably believe in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    That’s your biased opinion. Daredevil and Punisher are not as popular as you’re making them seem. You hate Black Panther for no good reason, and I find it stupid. I’m entitled to that opinion, just like you’re entitled to believe things that you fabricate or unjustifiably believe in your mind.
    Daredevil and Punisher are absolutely as popular of Marvel characters as I'm making them out of being. How many movies has Punisher had so far? 3 with three different actors over difference decades? And then a show with yet another actor. And Daredevil - as a Marvel character - is even more popular.
    You have Black Panther as your avatar image and you talk to me about biased opinions. Stop. I have Sentry as my avatar and I have no issue admitting that he is a d-list character at best, due to how unpopular he is in the bigger picture. I don't dislike Black Panther. I didn't like his movie as much due to the third act devolving to a CGI fest, where it didn't have to be one. But even with the movie Black Panther is not as popular as Daredevil and Punisher in the bigger picture.

. But even with the movie Black Panther is not as popular as Daredevil and Punisher in the bigger picture.
    You don’t want him to be as popular, that’s why you believe it. Notice I haven’t said how popular I think he is. And how memorable are any of those three movies Punisher has had? You go up to casual Marvel fans and ask them how much they know about Punisher and Daredevil, especially moviegoers of Marvel cinema and you won’t get much feedback.

I was initially a Deathstroke fan when I started reading comics, so don’t tell me you know me, based on my avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Notice I haven’t said how popular I think he is.
    What do you mean? You're upset, that I had my gripes with placing Black Panther in the A tier together with Daredevil and Punisher. That's not my subjective opinion. It's objective. No one on this planet would have ever placed Black Panther anywhere near Daredevil and Punisher on the popularity scale (before his movie came out).

What do you mean? You're upset, that I had my gripes with placing Black Panther in the A tier together with Daredevil and Punisher. That's not my subjective opinion. It's objective. No one on this planet would have ever placed Black Panther anywhere near Daredevil and Punisher on the popularity scale (before his movie came out).
    You’re saying I said he’s A tier, I never said that. I was talking about your snide remarks that expose you. And the movie did happen, so it’s relevant and nothing can change that. The BP movie happened because of the comics prior to the movie, that’s also a fact. Daredevil has had a movie also, along with Punisher, do you see the conflict?

Punisher's popularity gets a tad overhyped on forums. He's very popular, multiple movies, iconic origin but he also falls firmly in line with your traditional action hero "guy with a gun." And in terms of $$$ he has not reached the peaks some of the other A-listers have.

I think a few posters made excellent points in the early pages. These days thanks to the MCU and Disney multimedia you'd almost need to recategorize these tiers
    The J-man