All-New Member

Question Who would you add to The Champions given the chance?

The Champions are very much Marvel's New Primier Teen Hero Team, so would you add if given the chance? Id personaly add Emily Bright from Strange Academy.

You know, it WAS noted in the Weirdworld arc that the team is missing a magician, so I can see why you'd suggest Emily. It wouldn't work as long as Strange Academy still exists though.

For reference, we'd better list who's already affiliated with the team.

Added in Mark Waid's run:
    Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Spider-Man (Miles Morales), Nova (Sam Alexander), Brawn (Amadeus Cho), Viv Vision, Cyclops, Ironheart, Unstoppable Wasp.

Added in Jim Zub's run:
    Snowguard, Falcon (Joaquin Torres), Patriot (Rayshaun Lucas), Locust (debuted in Waid's run but added to the team in Zub's), Bombshell, Pinpoint, Power Man (Victor Alvarez), Dust, Hummingbird.

Added in Eve Ewing's run:
    Starling, Squirrel Girl, Cloud 9, Moon Girl.

Viv also mentioned in Zub's #1 half way through his run that there's a Reinforcement Roster that includes Honey Badger (now renamed Scout), Prodigy (of the Young Avengers and most recently X-Factor), Red Dagger (Kamala's Pakistani ally), and Silk (easily the oldest, but she does know Kamala and Amadeus from the Protectors/Agents of Atlas). Cloud 9 and Moon Girl were listed there too.

If they were to bring back the book with some new members, I'd go with Amulet (another ally of Kamala's, created immediately before Outlawed so hasn't had time to be added to the team yet), Arana (Anya's about to get her original powerset back and thus will no longer duplicate Miles, they appeared together in one of last year's Voices comics and it would be nice to see more of them together), or Pixie (offers both X-Men representation and that missing magic power).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-26-2022 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Added one I forgot - Hummingbird joined in War of the Realms.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Pei, the younger female Iron Fist

Boulder “Butterball!” He’s gone but not forgotten.

Alpha, Thunderstrike, Batwing, Big Bertha

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

While I am always happy to see Arana (so happy she's going back to that) it feels almost overkill with Miles on the team as well. I would not complain if she were to be added though. For similar reasons, I love seeing Ultragirl any time she appears (which is all to infrequently) and her personality could add some spark, but we also have Brawn. Perhaps with both girls, their personalities would be different enough to justify their presence on the team despite similar powersets already present?
    Pixie would be an excellent option and would possibly give her a chance to shine outside of the X-verse where she always seems more than not to be just part of the crowd plus she would add that mystical aspect that is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Boulder “Butterball!” He’s gone but not forgotten.
    Yes please
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    While I am always happy to see Arana (so happy she's going back to that) it feels almost overkill with Miles on the team as well. I would not complain if she were to be added though. For similar reasons, I love seeing Ultragirl any time she appears (which is all to infrequently) and her personality could add some spark, but we also have Brawn. Perhaps with both girls, their personalities would be different enough to justify their presence on the team despite similar powersets already present?
    Pixie would be an excellent option and would possibly give her a chance to shine outside of the X-verse where she always seems more than not to be just part of the crowd plus she would add that mystical aspect that is missing.
    Ultragirl... hasn't appeared since before Kamala's debut, and was Carol's previous intended successor (Carol gave her an old Ms. Marvel suit but Norman Osborn confiscated it and gave it to Moonstone). A meeting for those two is overdue.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Luna Maximoff, since the Champions were formed to still be there for more non-fighting problems an Empath works good there able to read feelings compared to going into someones mind. She should also being an Inhuman Princess have acess to a number of tech to help them along with bringing another teleporter in the form of Lockjaw (or Puppy would be better if we are looking at keeping it newer generation)

Cloud 9. Use her more in books marvel.

Would love comet man also but he may be better for the gotg.

Robyn hood could be fun.

Cloud 9's already on the team, not that she's appeared much. This is from Eve Ewing's Champions #1.

Robyn Hood was destroyed in her second appearance (Avenging Spider-Man #10).
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Robyn_Hood_(Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Luna Maximoff, since the Champions were formed to still be there for more non-fighting problems an Empath works good there able to read feelings compared to going into someones mind. She should also being an Inhuman Princess have acess to a number of tech to help them along with bringing another teleporter in the form of Lockjaw (or Puppy would be better if we are looking at keeping it newer generation)
    They could already bring in Lockjaw if they wanted. Until the Death of the Inhumans storyline, the teleporting dog was watching over Kamala for Medusa (he vanished with the rest of the royals and never appeared in Saladin Ahmed's Ms. Marvel run).

Luna's honestly probably a better fit for the Young Avengers - considering she's Crystal and Quicksilver's kid. Which makes her Wiccan and Speed's cousin.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-26-2022 at 08:55 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Luna's honestly probably a better fit for the Young Avengers - considering she's Crystal and Quicksilver's kid. Which makes her Wiccan and Speed's cousin.
    Ya good point.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I can just see her playing the archetype cool, bratty, spoiled princess that has to associate with "peasants" (her words lol!) to accomplish her own goals. She can have a whole arc from Princess to pleasant peasant lol!
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough