Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, I know that Claremont changed many things with Jean Phoenix, which is why I said we, the fans, got mixed messages right from the start.

Claremont laying/not laying anything here is just more confusion and mixed messages from what he did at the beginning of the Phoenix Saga.
    Claremont started the trend that all the other writers would continue when it comes to the Phoenix and that is to define it in a variety of ways including sometimes within one story. There are many contradictions when it comes to the Phoenix let alone the Jean/Phoenix connection.

Hopefully Gillen's story helps and not hurts but at this point I don't know if they could do anymore damage - the damage is done and quite extensive at this point. I just assume the Phoenix is too complex for our human minds to understand (I'm teasing lol but I do hope they can reign in some of the craziness from the last few years and define the Phoenix in a better way).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    In the x-books yeah but also Claremont introduced the first foursaken who is the PF equal. Then said it was the spark that caused the big bang however, Avenger comics have contrary stories
    The First Fallen you mean, the 4 forsaken were any 4 representatives of a species he would collect for safekeeping in his city/world while annihilating the rest iirc
    Last edited by Rev9; 06-26-2022 at 08:29 AM.

Astonishing Member

No. Phoenix is just a city in Arizona now.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    In the x-books yeah but also Claremont introduced the first foursaken who is the PF equal. Then said it was the spark that caused the big bang however, Avenger comics have contrary stories
    Not just avneger ones. Each comic featuring cosmic entities paint a wild different idea of cosmology. Hell I already said how Galactus and Phonix stories within the context of comics parallel each other

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Claremont started the trend that all the other writers would continue when it comes to the Phoenix and that is to define it in a variety of ways including sometimes within one story. There are many contradictions when it comes to the Phoenix let alone the Jean/Phoenix connection.

Hopefully Gillen's story helps and not hurts but at this point I don't know if they could do anymore damage - the damage is done and quite extensive at this point. I just assume the Phoenix is too complex for our human minds to understand (I'm teasing lol but I do hope they can reign in some of the craziness from the last few years and define the Phoenix in a better way).
    So on the par of what they did with all Cosmic beings. Wanna talk about Galactus? The Stranger? Or the poor Celestials(abused in stories like no one else in comics) ? And the let us not forget about Death itself, Chaos and Order and the curiously forgotten embodiment of love and hate, last time seen when Thanos opened a can of infinity gem fueled whoopass on the whole universe just to impress a girl.
    Really cosmic beings in Marvel Comics are all over the place, there is nothing reaaaallly clear or fixed.
    Last edited by Baron of Faltine; 06-27-2022 at 01:18 AM.