Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    If she is actually universal level and can come back after getting BBQ by a cosmic being more powerful than Galactus, then Strange may have a problem.

Of course, she needs to come back in the middle of this constant eruption of multi-galaxy destroying power, (edit: plus whatever Strange actually DOES with, you know, actual intent rather than just as a side-effect of him being around) which could actually lead to a 10-count.

Do you have an issue and number for her coming back from the dead? I'm curious, now.
    I can't provide you with the information Sophicles stated but she has resurrected herself in Trial of Magneto and has said she that death cannot claim her.

Now there are a few more scenes scattered throughout the series that depict the process of her being reborn. In this instance it was not instant so since you brought up a 10-count that would indeed be an issue.
    There is no way of telling if what you saying would even kill her at this point though. She absorbed Chthon and took his power in Darkhold Omega and we haven't seen anything more since then but even Doom who was angry at her for doing that didn't dare to confront her in person about it. That can be interpreted multiple ways.
    "This is me being reasonable"

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Was looking forward to your input in this Sharp .
    Well, the issue here (that is no-doubt obvious at this point) is that I'm unsure of the Scarlet Witch.

I had Stephen in mind when making this thread. I didn't know Clea was a doctor, so I didn't clarify better, sorry.
    No, it's my bad, I'm just using any excuse to bring up Current Clea Strange. She's a single bright spot in the tedium that is Marvel, and finally getting her due.

Current Clea is like...Classic Strange in power, but with alien ethics, a highly aggressive nature, and a tendency to slip directly into All Mangled And Killed™ mode. ^_^ Also, more snark.

And no, she's not a doctor, so just blame me.

What differing interpretations are there of the feat?
    There was some retconning, discussion of an external power-up in the retcon, etc.

I'm not in the know about it, I just know it has come up before. If she's universal, she's universal.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I can't provide you with the information Sophicles stated but she has resurrected herself in Trial of Magneto and has said she that death cannot claim her.
    Thanks. Does seem to make her 'hard to keep down', doesn't it?

Now there are a few more scenes scattered throughout the series that depict the process of her being reborn. In this instance it was not instant so since you brought up a 10-count that would indeed be an issue.
    There is no way of telling if what you saying would even kill her at this point though. She absorbed Chthon and took his power in Darkhold Omega and we haven't seen anything more since then but even Doom who was angry at her for doing that didn't dare to confront her in person about it. That can be interpreted multiple ways.
    10-count still seems on the table. Absorbing Chthon would seem to put her on the same level as Shuma-Gorath Chowing Strange, assuming she could use his power, so if she could survive the initial energy release, might be a good fight. I think she still has a sadly-human body, though, and if it doesn't come back instantly, 10-count.

*reads Darkhold Omega* Interesting. The Scarlet Witch does note that Chthon, at this point, is weakened due to putting a chunk of his power in the army that the 'heroes' have destroyed.

"I feel you weakening now, thanks to the defiled. You've always put a bit of yourself in your creations. It hurts when they're destroyed."

How much...there's no indication it's 'over 50%' or anything like that, so he at least has the bulk of his power. But it does put an asterisk on things.

Then she somehow absorbs the Darkhold into her soul, and thanks to that being a conduit to Chthon, absorbs him. It's all interesting, and I'm not saying it doesn't mean she's plenty powerful. She still needs to be strong enough to hold Chthon in her soul, as she notes, even with the advantage of having the Darkhold within her.

Doom...backs off when he knows he's overmatched (he's not Dormammu, he doesn't lead with his ginormous ego). And Doom isn't the be-all; all by himself he's certainly not the most powerful being around. He has, for example, just recently backed off confronting Clea, who basically told him to eff-off and go home to his face when he showed up and demanded to take control of the position of Sorcerer Supreme (great scene, very cathartic).

I would be surprised if he didn't back off Wanda in this situation, given what she demonstrated.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 06-27-2022 at 03:46 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post

There was some retconning, discussion of an external power-up in the retcon, etc.

I'm not in the know about it, I just know it has come up before. If she's universal, she's universal.

I assume you are talking about the Life Force thing? Darkhold Alpha establishes that as her own power so it was not an external power-up ala Phoenix or similar.
    "This is me being reasonable"

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I assume you are talking about the Life Force thing? Darkhold Alpha establishes that as her own power so it was not an external power-up ala Phoenix or similar.
    Retcon to the retcon, and we’re good!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate