Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Yoda

Obi-Wan from the battle with Vader in his own show vs Yoda when he fought Sidious.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Obi-Wan from the battle with Vader in his own show vs Yoda when he fought Sidious.
    Well, I've only seen the first few episodes. Are you talking about the fight where Vader annihilated Kenobi, wiped the floor with him? Is there a later fight?
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Well, I've only seen the first few episodes. Are you talking about the fight where Vader annihilated Kenobi, wiped the floor with him? Is there a later fight?
    yes, there is a later fight. and uh.....

Lore-wise Yoda force powers (and sidious) are stronger than Obi-wan.

But lore wise Darth vader force powers are also stronger than Obi-wan's and we know what happened there (if u seen all the episodes of obi-wan)
    Honestly Yoda should still win, but i don't see Yoda topping the boulder feat, atleast not with the ease Obi-wan did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    yes, there is a later fight. and uh.....

Lore-wise Yoda force powers (and sidious) are stronger than Obi-wan.

But lore wise Darth vader force powers are also stronger than Obi-wan's and we know what happened there (if u seen all the episodes of obi-wan)
    Honestly Yoda should still win, but i don't see Yoda topping the boulder feat, atleast not with the ease Obi-wan did it.
    Eventually, with prequel and EU stuff, we'll be asking, "Why was Obi-Wan sneaking around the Death Star when he could have crushed it with a thought?" and "Why was Vader obeying that Sidious runt?"
    Power with Girl is better.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Eventually, with prequel and EU stuff, we'll be asking, "Why was Obi-Wan sneaking around the Death Star when he could have crushed it with a thought?" and "Why was Vader obeying that Sidious runt?"
    Jedi ruin Star Wars.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Well I guess you can make a case for them saying that they were old and past their prime.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Well that was shown in the Prequel series. Sidious knew how to push all Anakin's buttons, and when he became Darth Vader he only became easier to manipulate. It wasn't until he found something he cared about more than the stories the Emperor was feeding him that he was willing to break free, and then it was pretty easy for him to physically punk the Emperor.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

The Vader vs Obi Wan fight has exactly one moment of weirdness: Obi Wan machine gun firing boulders at Vader. And I'm not convinced those were anything more than dry clumps of sand/shale with how totally ineffective they were (and they pretty much just break into dust when they hit, as opposed to painting Vader's face across the rock formations). Everything else is very weighty and well considered. The boulders are either much looser formations than they appear to be (like I said, hardened clumps of dry sand and shale or whatever), or the feat is SvsFL for both sides: Obi Wan for throwing an entire rock quarry at Vader, and Vader for holding back on the D pad so that he only takes chip damage from what should be like getting hit with five hundred trucks. The whole area they're fighting in looks reminiscent of salt formations I've visited, and those aren't very dense material to begin with.

Other than that, I think the problem people (not people in this thread, just in general. I am griping about Star Wars fans) have is wanting a linear power scale when there's clearly other things going on. Like, even in the prequels, it seemed pretty clear that as fighters, Obi Wan is just paper to Anakin's rock; being the sort of guy who would actually practice footwork and think about fighting beyond beyond what's right in front of him, where Anakin is pretty much all raw talent and luck. A friend of mine suggested that Obi Wan was purposely leading Anakin into more and more dangerous areas throughout the Mustafar fight, leading to more and more daredevil stunts until Anakin's luck ran out (though I assume he was hoping Anakin would realise this and surrender). The Obi Wan series all but spells this out in flashbacks, and when Obi Wan has his moment and then starts genuinely trying to win, he goes straight for Anakin's life support, and because Anakin is accustomed to pretty much having destiny on his side, something like a disability is a crucial flaw for him.

I suspect Yoda has a good chance at beating him for the same reason Dooku beat him yet lost to Anakin, that being that he's the more experienced in those skills, but still tried to just straightforwardly swordfight Anakin because he didn't realise Anakin would pull some insane manoeuvre that wouldn't work for anyone else. Anakin is a checkers player fighting chessmasters. When one actually starts leveraging the chessmaster stuff against him, he doesn't do as well.

On the other hand, all evidence in the prequels is that Yoda was already well past his prime and had trouble with any fight that went on longer than a couple minutes. So Obi Wan might play a long game and tire him out.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 07-03-2022 at 11:18 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

On the other hand, all evidence in the prequels is that Yoda was already well past his prime and had trouble with any fight that went on longer than a couple minutes.
    I think The Clone Wars showed contrary evidence, in the very first episode "Ambush" alone, where he single-handedly destroyed like 90% of Ventress's forces.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I mean how long did he fight for?

I haven't seen that series, but I did see a scene where Yoda DOES trivially lift a rock-quarry worth of boulders to chuck around, so maybe there's nothing to it after all.

Either way, I'm still favouring Yoda overall here.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Jedi ruin Star Wars.
    Say what you will about the Disney movies, but Rogue One was my favorite Start Ears movie largely because there were no Jedi around to demistify the Force, and we got to see how normal humans without high force potential would react to Kung Fu magic actually existing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Say what you will about the Disney movies, but Rogue One was my favorite Start Ears movie largely because there were no Jedi around to demistify the Force, and we got to see how normal humans without high force potential would react to Kung Fu magic actually existing.
    I'm 100% behind this, with Rogue One being my absolute favorite Star Wars movie. No 'special' characters, just a group of people in the wrong place at the right time.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I'm 100% behind this, with Rogue One being my absolute favorite Star Wars movie. No 'special' characters, just a group of people in the wrong place at the right time.
    Well, one sort of special character. But a street level one, basically Daredevil with faith in The Force instead of being Catholic.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Well, one sort of special character. But a street level one, basically Daredevil with faith in The Force instead of being Catholic.
    I view that more as a 'guy who knew something/had something to do with the force' rather than 'born to be THE ONE, special genetics, chosen by fate, whatever' kind of 'Born to Be Great'. I'm cool with mystics and the like, it's just the whole 'You must be special to be special' thing that irks me, if you get my drift. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I view that more as a 'guy who knew something/had something to do with the force' rather than 'born to be THE ONE, special genetics, chosen by fate, whatever' kind of 'Born to Be Great'. I'm cool with mystics and the like, it's just the whole 'You must be special to be special' thing that irks me, if you get my drift. ^_^
    You must be THIS special to ride this ride.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan