Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I've a long list of things I've meant to read and have not, so I'll probably keep posting things as I think on them.

Saga

The Incal

Abe Sapiens

Prometha

Metabarons
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by comicscollector View Post
    Would be interesting to me,if just a single story (A 20 page comic book),even if it is part of a story arc could be nominated.
    Say the first chapter of a story arc for example.
    Or does the books nominated for the Reading Club have to be complete story arcs or TPB?
    I would think a larger story would have more "meat" for discussion but if you've got an issue you reallu love and sold it to the participants and they were down for it I'd say it would work.

As an aside I started the thread for nominations right here
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I've a long list of things I've meant to read and have not, so I'll probably keep posting things as I think on them.

Saga

The Incal

Abe Sapiens

Prometha

Metabarons
    I almost nominated the Incal myself but went with Orbiter instead. After reading and watching the Expanse I've been on a big sci-fi kick.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Saga

The Incal

Abe Sapiens

Prometha

Metabarons
    I would love a Jodorowsky comics work discussion.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

I think the 'rules' are being hashed out right now. So, just suggest one for people to vote on.
    The July nominations are already defined now,so i will suggest a book next month,thank you anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I would think a larger story would have more "meat" for discussion but if you've got an issue you reallu love and sold it to the participants and they were down for it I'd say it would work.

As an aside I started the thread for nominations right here
    Thank you for the info.
    I did not knew that the CBR reading club was monthly,i thought it could be weekly.
    Considerating that the reading club is monthly a larger story of a story arc makes more sense that one comic book of 20 or so pages.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I would love a Jodorowsky comics work discussion.
    We'll have to suggest it. I'm not sure of what else he's written other than Metabarons.

Quote Originally Posted by comicscollector View Post
    The July nominations are already defined now,so i will suggest a book next month,thank you anyways.

Thank you for the info.
    I did not knew that the CBR reading club was monthly,i thought it could be weekly.
    Considerating that the reading club is monthly a larger story of a story arc makes more sense that one comic book of 20 or so pages.
    Well, we can see how things go, and make changes. Part of it will be how long the chosen book will be. Part of it will be, I'm sure, who organizes / cheerleads things. Perhaps that could rotate if someone doesn't want to do it more than monthly.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

We'll have to suggest it. I'm not sure of what else he's written other than Metabarons.

Well, we can see how things go, and make changes. Part of it will be how long the chosen book will be. Part of it will be, I'm sure, who organizes / cheerleads things. Perhaps that could rotate if someone doesn't want to do it more than monthly.
    Jodo has written lots besides Metabarons-The Incal, Technopriests, TheMadwoman of the Sacred Heart, Borgia, The White Lama, Screaming Planet, Sons of El Topo-those are the ones I have either read or own, there are others I have not sought out yet.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Courtesy of Bill Simmons, questions to ponder for comics groups:

Most Re-readable scene:

Best quote

What aged the best?

What aged the worst?

Dion waiters/heat check performance

Overacting award:

Casting what if’s

Half assed internet research

Unanswerable questions

Could this be remade as a 10 episode Netflix series

Apex mountain

Who won the comic?

That Guy award:

Picking Nits:

Recasting couch:

Is this comic better with Jack Kirby, Todd McFarlane, or Will Eisner on it?

Less than two weeks ago, school was ending (I'm a teacher), and I realized that I've been reading less comics than I used to. A big thing for me is that I like discussing things I've experienced, which may be why I've been watching films more than reading comics (or books for that matter.) So I asked for recommendations for reading groups, and to gauge if there would be any interest.

And you delivered.

We've got a discussion going on the first volume of Alan Moore's first Swamp Thing.

The Classic Comics Forum was a good recommendation. Over there, I started threads on the Post-Crisis Superman, and a list of 1600 great comic books.

https://classiccomics.org/thread/790...man-john-byrne

https://classiccomics.org/thread/790...ide-1600-books

I've also been reviewing obscure Spider-Man runs on the Spider-Man Crawlspace website.

https://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/.../tangled-webs/

This conversation has definitely led to me reading more good comic books.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Jodorowsky also wrote the Incal, so he had two comics on your list of work that you'd like to discuss. I might start one a Jodorowsky thread in a month or so, but if anyone else starts one before, I'll be glad to participate. He's such an interesting writer.

And the artists (Moebius! Giménez) are just amazing.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets