Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wolverine: Patch #3 (Guest-Starring Jean) Preview

Source: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/wolv...-of-jean-grey/

Wolverine: Patch #3
    by Larry Hama & Andrea Di Vito, cover by Geoff Shaw
    THE BATTLE HEATS UP IN THE JUNGLES OF MADRIPOOR! PATCH is caught between the KRASNYS, GENERAL COY'S forces, Russian paramilitary forces and S.H.I.E.L.D.! But only one is the Best There Is At What He Does…and what he does isn't very nice! Good thing warfare ain't a nice business… Featuring – a totally surreal visit from JEAN GREY!

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

If time is not a circle, nor a straight line, then Hellion could appear in the next issue, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Give it to me...

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Source: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/wolv...-of-jean-grey/

Wolverine: Patch #3
    by Larry Hama & Andrea Di Vito, cover by Geoff Shaw
    THE BATTLE HEATS UP IN THE JUNGLES OF MADRIPOOR! PATCH is caught between the KRASNYS, GENERAL COY'S forces, Russian paramilitary forces and S.H.I.E.L.D.! But only one is the Best There Is At What He Does…and what he does isn't very nice! Good thing warfare ain't a nice business… Featuring – a totally surreal visit from JEAN GREY!

This looks good to me but also a perfect example why certain logan relationships will never work. in the end when his life is on the line and it's "important" like when he died the last time under soule, it will always be the woman who are either married to someone else or lighter in melanin that will always be the "loves of his life" which i still don't get how a married woman that kept choosing her husband is somehow love status icon but some men are the Quagmire type.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This looks good to me but also a perfect example why certain logan relationships will never work. in the end when his life is on the line and it's "important" like when he died the last time under soule, it will always be the woman who are either married to someone else or lighter in melanin that will always be the "loves of his life" which i still don't get how a married woman that kept choosing her husband is somehow love status icon but some men are the Quagmire type.
    Some writers too.

I'm afraid it's what the X-Men have become for Jean: quagmire. Every character development she gets, is forgotten or rolled back as if it'd never happened. No, I'm not talking about the stupid pink form. That might look cool and fun but that's not character development.

I'm talking about a progression of leadership roles that started in Revolution and continued during Morrison and Red. The kind of understated leadership that doesn't require titles, it's just felt by weight of the character's presence. Krakoa era starts and she suggests one of the laws, but then her presence in the QC is barely felt. Her role in X-Force is a joke, then she just leaves knowing full well what is going on there. She's co-leading the X-Men team, but every time there is some form of friction with the QC, she's literally not on the planet.

There will be this huge conflict soon but her big participation will not be a natural step from her leading mutants like she did in X of Swords. No, it will have to do with the Phoenix. Because, obviously, no matter how many times she rejects the stupid bird, the writers cannot help but bringing this back again, ignoring everything that had to do with her character's growth.

So is it surprising that she is still forced into a Logan story all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I'm talking about a progression of leadership roles that started in Revolution and continued during Morrison and Red. The kind of understated leadership that doesn't require titles, it's just felt by weight of the character's presence.
    Frankly, this is precisely what I feel Duggan has reestablished for her. He treats and writes her like a leader, equal to Scott, making decisions, mentoring and encouraging her teammates, strategizing, and emerging victorious, both single-handedly and in conjunction with her team.

Krakoa era starts and she suggests one of the laws, but then her presence in the QC is barely felt. Her role in X-Force is a joke, then she just leaves knowing full well what is going on there. She's co-leading the X-Men team, but every time there is some form of friction with the QC, she's literally not on the planet.
    Duggan has also implied that she has been repressing herself in some ways, though the reasons are unknown as of yet. Maybe she knows more than she's let on and this, coupled with the wear and tear of all that she went through while and after rejecting the Phoenix Force—i.e., realizing her entire family is dead, remembering her time displacement, going up against Cassandra Nova, being submerged in a utopian reality created by her son, etc.—influenced and affected why and how she entered and behaved during the establishment of Krakoa. Perhaps this is something Gillen will touch on.

There will be this huge conflict soon but her big participation will not be a natural step from her leading mutants like she did in X of Swords. No, it will have to do with the Phoenix. Because, obviously, no matter how many times she rejects the stupid bird, the writers cannot help but bringing this back again, ignoring everything that had to do with her character's growth.
    As has been made clear, the Celestials are judging everyone for their past crimes during Judgment Day. Moreover, Jean's "big participation" in this event is centered around her working with Iron Man and Ajak to shut down the Progenitor Celestial, which brings about her judgment. The solicit states:

These essential issues will spotlight Iron Man, Jean Grey, and Ajak as they embark on a vital and complex mission to penetrate the Progenitor Celestial and shut it down, facing their ultimate judgment every step of the way.

Gillen said. “When we say 'superhuman,' we mean both 'super' and 'human.' These specials really drill down on that, giving a deep-dive personal horrorshow for the three sides in the crossover, centered on one of their main players: Tony Stark, Jean Grey and Ajak. With their history, can they really justify themselves? Let's find out, in this dungeon-delve-as-psychogeography hell trip. Also, all three have amazing art."
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...en-key-endgame

So is it surprising that she is still forced into a Logan story all the time?
    Jean has been appearing in Logan's stories before and after her deaths for decades, so I hardly consider this a "forced" moment.
    Last edited by Mercury; 06-26-2022 at 03:56 PM.

Frankly, this is precisely what I feel Duggan has reestablished for her. He treats and writes her like a leader, equal to Scott, making decisions, mentoring and encouraging her teammates, strategizing, and emerging victorious, both single-handedly and in conjunction with her team.

Duggan has also implied that she has been repressing herself in some ways, though the reasons are unknown as of yet. Maybe she knows more than she's let on and this, coupled with the wear and tear of all that she went through while and after rejecting the Phoenix Force—i.e., realizing her entire family is dead, remembering her time displacement, being submerged in a utopian reality created by her son—influenced and affected why and how she entered and behaved during the establishment of Krakoa. Perhaps this is something Gillen will touch on.

As has been made clear, the Celestials are judging everyone for their past crimes during Judgment Day. Moreover, Jean's "big participation" in this event is centered around her working with Iron Man and Ajak to shut down the Progenitor Celestial, which brings about her judgment. The solicit states:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...en-key-endgame

Jean has been appearing in Logan's stories before and after her deaths for decades, so I hardly consider this a "forced" moment.
    Just my perspective, Mercury. You don't have to agree with it. And I'm sorry you spent your time replying to it, but I really don't feel like arguing this with you. Let's just agree to disagree, okay?

Just my perspective, Mercury. You don't have to agree with it. And I'm sorry you spent your time replying to it, but I really don't feel like arguing this with you. Let's just agree to disagree, okay?
    My intention wasn't to argue; it was to state facts, which I have. :hug:

My intention wasn't to argue; it was to state facts, which I have. :hug:
    Those were your feelings and what was implied to you. Not facts. :P

Not that I was talking facts either. I talked in very vague terms just to paint the picture of what I see as the problem for her. No one needs to agree and I suppose I should say here that I don't judge any fan that completely (or partially) disagrees with it. Like I said: it's just my perspective.

Those were your feelings and what was implied to you. Not facts. :P
    Actually, most of what I wrote is factual. She has quite literally been depicted "making decisions, mentoring and encouraging her teammates, strategizing, and emerging victorious, both single-handedly and in conjunction with her team" during this first year of Duggan's X-Men. Also, her "big involvement" in Judgment Day is more so centered on working with Iron Man and Ajak to shut down the Progenitor Celestial than it is Phoenix-related, as the actual solicit states. Lastly, she has, in fact, been appearing in Logan's stories, both while alive and after being killed, for multiple decades.

Actually, most of what I wrote is factual. She has quite literally been depicted "making decisions, mentoring and encouraging her teammates, strategizing, and emerging victorious, both single-handedly and in conjunction with her team" during this first year of Duggan's X-Men. Also, her "big involvement" in Judgment Day is more so centered on working with Iron Man and Ajak to shut down the Progenitor Celestial than it is Phoenix-related, as the actual solicit states. Lastly, she has, in fact, been appearing in Logan's stories, both while alive and after being killed, for multiple decades.
    "Frankly, this is precisely what I feel Duggan has reestablished for her."

"Duggan has also implied that she has been repressing herself in some ways (...)"

Your words, not mine. :P

As for Judgment Day, you are giving a meaning to "big involvement" of your own making. It was, like I said, vague. How do you know what I mean?

So, really, let's drop it, shall we?

"Frankly, this is precisely what I feel Duggan has reestablished for her."

"Duggan has also implied that she has been repressing herself in some ways (...)"

Your words, not mine. :P

As for Judgment Day, you are giving a meaning to "big involvement" of your own making. It was, like I said, vague. How do you know what I mean?

So, really, let's drop it, shall we?
    I said "most" of what I wrote is factual, not all. And I never stated what, if any, meaning I'm attributing to your words "big involvement"; I'm simply clarifying what her mission in the event is.

Also, I dropped "it" over 10 minutes ago.

I said "most" of what I wrote is factual, not all.
    Sure, kiddo. Sure. Can I go to sleep now? :P

Have a good one! o/

Sure, kiddo. Sure. Can I go to sleep now? :P

Have a good one! o/
    I edited my reply. Muah and sweet dreams, love!

I edited my reply. Muah and sweet dreams, love!
    Thanks. Enjoy your evening.

Really logging off now. o/