Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Amanda Mueller aka Black Womb, a yet another crazy genetic who once worked with Xavier's father, Destiny and Sinister, is maybe, or maybe not, an ancestor of entire Summers family. And also maybe had a hand in Gambit's birth.
    Oh this part at least is confirmed. Not the bit about Gambit, that's definitely a long-time rumor (and I believe its likely), but the bit about whether or not Mueller is one of Scott's ancestors. She's for sure the grandmother of Scott, Alex and Gabriel's grandfather Philip Summers.

"Calling himself Milbury, Essex entered into an arrangement with Mueller where she married a man and became pregnant, then feigned miscarriages so that Essex could take these mutant infants and study their genetic material. It seems Mueller was well compensated for her efforts. In 1891, after surviving a series of miscarriages, Amanda Mueller came under suspicion and was accused of being the Black Womb killer. Milbury testified on her behalf, and she was ultimately found not guilty at trial, although her genuine innocence was still in question. Mueller was married to Daniel Summers, who left Amanda with their only son because he couldn't handle the accusations."

From Marvel wiki. But yeah. The child in question, that Daniel took with him when leaving Amanda, was the father of Philip Summers, who was the father of Christopher Summers aka Corsair. And because Amanda's own mutant power is longevity, she's still alive over a hundred years later. None of the current Summers family have ever met her in the present though, and I'm not sure if they're aware of her connection to the Black Womb project. Tbh, I'm not sure Xavier's even aware of it.

(Oh also, Mueller's relation to the Summers brothers means that her daughter Gloria Dayne aka Fontanelle is their great-great-aunt).

Astonishing Member

Is this the part where the joke about Cap or Nuke maybe being the genetic father of the cuckoos gets made?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Oh this part at least is confirmed. Not the bit about Gambit, that's definitely a long-time rumor (and I believe its likely), but the bit about whether or not Mueller is one of Scott's ancestors. She's for sure the grandmother of Scott, Alex and Gabriel's grandfather Philip Summers.

"Calling himself Milbury, Essex entered into an arrangement with Mueller where she married a man and became pregnant, then feigned miscarriages so that Essex could take these mutant infants and study their genetic material. It seems Mueller was well compensated for her efforts. In 1891, after surviving a series of miscarriages, Amanda Mueller came under suspicion and was accused of being the Black Womb killer. Milbury testified on her behalf, and she was ultimately found not guilty at trial, although her genuine innocence was still in question. Mueller was married to Daniel Summers, who left Amanda with their only son because he couldn't handle the accusations."

From Marvel wiki. But yeah. The child in question, that Daniel took with him when leaving Amanda, was the father of Philip Summers, who was the father of Christopher Summers aka Corsair. And because Amanda's own mutant power is longevity, she's still alive over a hundred years later. None of the current Summers family have ever met her in the present though, and I'm not sure if they're aware of her connection to the Black Womb project. Tbh, I'm not sure Xavier's even aware of it.

(Oh also, Mueller's relation to the Summers brothers means that her daughter Gloria Dayne aka Fontanelle is their great-great-aunt).
    Amanda's husband WAS named Daniel, but his identity as Daniel SUMMERS was fanmade and not stated it comics. It DOES make sense it was him, given what both Amanda and Daniel Summers are connected to Sinister and it would make sense for him to organize their marriage and track down Daniel's bloodline for generations to come. But it wasn't confirmed. Amanda had a profile in some handbook, and this situation was explained there.

Hopefully, someone good with characters and continuity like Gillen, Eiwing or her original creator Nicieza would confirm this in book. I actually hoped Nicieza would do it in the issue of X-Men Legends where Amanda recently appeared. Unfortunately it was not addressed. Would be fun to see Summers' interaction with Amanda.

Also, IIRC it was hinted/rumored what Amanda was Gambit's biological mother. Would be fun if true. It would make him sort-of Summers, without being a third/fourth/fifth brother.

Personally, these kind of crazy relationships are the part of comics I love the most, they are just so much fun. Also love alternate reality characters who are kids of established characters who actually don't have any relationships in Earth-616. Like Nocturne, daughter of Nightcrawler and Scarlet Witch.
    Last edited by Harasar; 06-27-2022 at 06:53 AM.

BANNED

- Laura Kinney had several clone-sisters in addition to Gabby, like Bellona, Zelda, etc. Some are dead, most of their fates are currently unknown.
    We already know their fates. There were ten Sisters altogether, and all except for Gabby, Bellona, Zelda, and 3PAR (whom we never learned her name) were either killed during training, or died from their Nanites while still in Alchemax's custody. They were the only four to survive and escape, with 3PAR taking a gainer off the Eiffel Tower, and Zelda being killed by Mooney.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Amanda's husband WAS named Daniel, but his identity as Daniel SUMMERS was fanmade and not stated it comics. It DOES make sense it was him, given what both Amanda and Daniel Summers are connected to Sinister and it would make sense for him to organize their marriage and track down Daniel's bloodline for generations to come. But it wasn't confirmed. Amanda had a profile in some handbook, and this situation was explained there.

Hopefully, someone good with characters and continuity like Gillen, Eiwing or her original creator Nicieza would confirm this in book. I actually hoped Nicieza would do it in the issue of X-Men Legends where Amanda recently appeared. Unfortunately it was not addressed. Would be fun to see Summers' interaction with Amanda.

Also, IIRC it was hinted/rumored what Amanda was Gambit's biological mother. Would be fun if true. It would make him sort-of Summers, without being a third/fourth/fifth brother.

Personally, these kind of crazy relationships are the part of comics I love the most, they are just so much fun. Also love alternate reality characters who are kids of established characters who actually don't have any relationships in Earth-616. Like Nocturne, daughter of Nightcrawler and Scarlet Witch.
    I mean, its one of those things where the comics made a point to inform readers that the husband being spoken of during Gambit's time travel adventure and who left her, taking their son, was named Daniel, making sure Gambit and Courier see a picture of her husband. And like, its literally emphasized in such a way it makes zero sense UNLESS its Daniel Summers, because Daniel Edge who became Daniel Summers is basically the only Daniel of note in Marvel's 1800s - definitely the only X-related character of note from that period. So why would you go to such lengths to make sure readers know Amanda's husband was named Daniel if it wasn't meant to be relevant? So like, I mean technically he wasn't referenced in that scene as Daniel Summers explicitly, I'll give you that, but I maintain the only reason for that wasn't to be coy about his identity with READERS, but because they wanted readers to understand the reference without GAMBIT learning the husband's last name was Summers - because of course that would immediately bring up associations with his teammate Cyclops. And while they wanted readers to connect the dots, they didn't want Gambit connecting those same dots between his teammate and Amanda Mueller.

So I mean, I suppose 'confirmed' wasn't the right word to use, but I'd still argue its not really a fan theory so much as an inference readers are supposed to make on their own. But YMMV.

RCO014.jpg
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 06-27-2022 at 07:18 AM.

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Yes yes, keep feeding me with your facts.

I got a few more.
    • Ziggy Karst's real name might actually be Zigfried Trask, and she'd be part of the Trask family.
    • Hercules hooked up with Psylocke and Northstar.
    • Hellion took the Three-in-One on a date to a dance.
    • My friend said Fantomex and Hope flirted, albeit under false pretenses. Anyone remember that?
    • Diamondback flirted with Hellion.
    • Jubilee kind of hates Hellion, but she was also checking him out when he was wearing short shorts.
    Tons of great stuff in this thread! I’ll add that after dating all three Cuckoos at once, Hellion left such an impression on Celeste that she’s been throwing herself at him for years. At first he was just so oblivious he never picks up the signals, but they’ve hung out at least once and her sisters tease Celeste about the longtime crush.

00 Celeste Trying to Feed Julian Pizza.jpg
    Celeste Cuckoo & Julian Dated.jpg

Isn't it adorable how she's prattling on and trying to get his attention. But he's too PTSDed to notice she's totally hitting on him. (And Betsey Braddock has cellulite? WTF? I think Celeste was making that up to show Hellion how she will take care of herself when they're older.)

And then there are also the Nori x Hellion sexual tensions. She was jealous AF a few pages later when Laura came back from X-Factor, and you know she’s had some of his attention since she punched him in the face. That’s like asking Hellion out on a date.

And Mercury turning into the Cara Delevingne and running through her female classmates like a marathon is great. But I wonder if that changes when she runs into her first love Wither?

Deadpool once tried to assassinate Mercury's dad in order to "help" the X-Men and earn his welcome to Utopia, because Mr. Kincaid had been manipulated by Osborn into going on the news to claim Cessily was being held by the X-Men against her will.

Quote Originally Posted by imbatman1206 View Post
    And Mercury turning into the Cara Delevingne and running through her female classmates like a marathon is great. But I wonder if that changes when she runs into her first love Wither?
    It would be hilarious if Mercury dated Wallflower when Wither tries reconnecting with them.
    Last edited by Starfish; 06-27-2022 at 09:00 AM.

Tons of great stuff in this thread! I’ll add that after dating all three Cuckoos at once, Hellion left such an impression on Celeste that she’s been throwing herself at him for years. At first he was just so oblivious he never picks up the signals, but they’ve hung out at least once and her sisters tease Celeste about the longtime crush.

Isn't it adorable how she's prattling on and trying to get his attention. But he's too PTSDed to notice she's totally hitting on him. (And Betsey Braddock has cellulite? WTF? I think Celeste was making that up to show Hellion how she will take care of herself when they're older.)
    To be fair to Hellion, I didn't read that as romantic either. But I'm just oblivious to everything in general, so. I thought Celeste was just trying to make conversation to cheer him up.

And then there are also the Nori x Hellion sexual tensions. She was jealous AF a few pages later when Laura came back from X-Factor, and you know she’s had some of his attention since she punched him in the face. That’s like asking Hellion out on a date.
    Oh dang, remember Battle of the Atom? I think it was just in the card game and not in comics proper, but it established that in one future, Hellion and Surge got married.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Emma and White Tiger
    Emma and Franklin Richards
    Emma and Nate Grey
    Emma and Jessica Jones
    Emma and Spider-Man
    Emma and Gorgon
    Emma and Toad
    Emma and Shanna

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Speaking of the above, I think it was Blob who was with Betsy for a bit. Also Jean x Bishop. But it was in a weird verse. And I was so disinterested, I forgot the book or the event they took place. lol
    That was in Age of X-Man (X-Tremists, I think).

Fantastic Member

Fabian Cortez had a sister he literally muuuuuuuurdered in the name of killing Magneto but apparently that was not something that needed to come up in his weird redemption arc, so I guess we're moving on. The Kleinstock brothers were actually originally homicidal triplets instead of just homicidal twins, so presumably the Other other Kleinstock brother is back finally, Zaladane is probably Lorna's half-sister on her mother's side but X-Men editor JDW doesn't even know she exists so I would not bank on that mattering any time soon.
    I love all the knowledge that you are laying down here, but especially the recognition of Anne Marie Cortez, who still hasn't shown up on Krakoa, as far as I know, despite being a long-dead mutant. You'd think she would have figured into Fabian's redemption arc (which I think is probably unfinished, no way he's just "good" now after one breakdown and admission of guilt) or at least shown up in flashbacks.

When Cable first time traveled back to modern times (sometime after Logan became Wolverine but before the X-men were formed) the first superhuman character he ecnountered was the Vulture.

Vulture kicked his ass and escaped with the stolen jewels he had come for.

Vulture would also appear in New Mutants 86 (the issue right before Cable's first appearance) where he fought Rusty and Skids but to my knowledge Cable has yet to have his rematch.

So much fun reading all of these. Great idea, Rift! Shoo, there can be an entire thread to X-Men/Spidey moments.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Deadpool once tried to assassinate Mercury's dad in order to "help" the X-Men and earn his welcome to Utopia, because Mr. Kincaid had been manipulated by Osborn into going on the news to claim Cessily was being held by the X-Men against her will.

It would be hilarious if Mercury dated Wallflower when Wither tries reconnecting with them.
    Then they could have a very confused Wither and Elixir think the girls are screwing with them and be like, "Oh yeah? Well, two can play at this game!' lol

To be fair to Hellion, I didn't read that as romantic either. But I'm just oblivious to everything in general, so. I thought Celeste was just trying to make conversation to cheer him up.
    The Cuckoos always struck me as their own little sorority. So I always took that as trying to pick him up by putting down Psylocke. “Hey, look at me! I’m so pretty and perfect and popular. Oh, and don’t worry. My looks totally won’t fade and I won’t get fat because I eat tofu all day. PICK ME! PICK ME! PICK ME!’

But I’m not sure it would work because Celeste is a dead ringer for Emma, who ruined Hellion’s life pretty much for sport.

Oh dang, remember Battle of the Atom? I think it was just in the card game and not in comics proper, but it established that in one future, Hellion and Surge got married.
    I always thought they’d make a great Slap Slap Kiss couple, at least for a little while as teens. Even re-reading those old comics now I still think that was the way they were going to go instead of X-23.

But I’ve never read/played Children of the Atom. Do you have scans for this by chance?

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Chris Claremont likes reusing names.
    Meet the first Jubilee.
    0D9DDB94-D8E8-4B9E-9153-687907648806.jpg
    Alan Davis art, obviously, and I forget where from.

Also Maddy Pryor from Avengers Annual 10.
    C00EFA11-FDFD-4715-A1F6-29BEE7A956C0.jpg
    Michael Golden art.

Of course the original, Maddy Prior, is more famous than either of Chris’ and I was listening to Steeleye Span,on my Walkman, on the way home from a comics shop, when reading Uncanny 168, that was some cognitive dissonance!