Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    • Laura has seen Hercules' junk.
    LauraUnimpressed..jpg

10 chars

Gomi's (from "Fallen Angels" (1987)) telekinetic power was actually based on Marvel Girl (Jean Grey)...they managed to replicate only a limited form of it, just line-of-sight force blasts...no fine motor controlz force fields, flight, etc

Astonishing Member

Dunno if this fits.

But Marrow should in theory only exist in universes or timeline in which Legion exist. At least if these mirror the basic events of the 616 universe.

In turn she has ties to the following characters and events with her backstory alone:
    Legion, Bishop, Legion Quest, Apocalypse, Age of Apocalypse, AOA Sinister, AOA Beast aka. Dark Beast, The Morlocks, Callisto, Angel, Storm, the X-men, regular Mister Sinister, pre-X-men Gambit, the original Marauders, the Mutant Massacre, Mikhail Rasputin, Thornn, Cable and Domino.

Let's unpack this.

1. Legion needs to exist in order to travel back in time and attempt to kill his father Charles Xavier, in order to create the Age of Apocalypse timeline that overrides the regular 616 timeline for a while.

2. Bishop needs to exist and have come into the present day timeline from his alternate future, in order to travel back in time and stop Legion, failing and become present in the AOA timeline despite the obvious paradox.

3. The Age of Apocalypse timeline needs to exist in order for AOA Sinister to exist, who is the teacher of AOA Hank McCoy, aka. Dark Beast.

4. Dark Beast needs to travel back in time before Bishop can erase the AOA timeline with his own time traveling, in order to actualy stop Legion, leaving Dark Beast stranded in the regular timeline.

5. Dark Beast needs to use the knowledge from AOA Sinister to create the Morlocks with it and becomes their "First One", before leaving them behind as failures.

Because in her very first appearance Dark Beast claims she is one of his creation, albeit a generation or two removed (a statement that needs unpacking on it's own...)

6. Regular 616 Sinister needs to identify the Morlocks as having been created using his technology. So he can be angry about it and force an in debt to him pre-X-men Gambit to hire the Marauders and order them to kill all the Morlocks resulting in the Mutant Massacre storyline.

7. Gambit needs to have been exiled from New Orleans for killing his brother in a law during a duel, by accidently overcharging his powers. Forcing him to seek out Mister Sinister's help to fix it, which leave him in debt to him. Which Sinister then uses to force him into hiring the Marauders and led a part of them into the Morlock tunnels.

8. Gambit in turn needs to be present during the Massacre, but unaware of what the plan was beforehand, so he could be injured by Sabertooth and eventualy find kid Marrow and safe her.

And then we have the whole history of the Morlocks before and after that event, combined with the story of Mikhail Rasputin, which in turn involves Illyana and Peter...

All of this before her first appearance in publishing chronology.

Though i guess for this thread though it might be more fitting that for some odd reason she had a one-shot with Spiderman, who she was acquainted with from two previous run ins.
    Last edited by Grunty; 06-26-2022 at 09:15 PM.

Bastion is indirectly responsible for the Arkea stuff. His experiments with making Prime Sentinels were mostly failures, but the Omega Sentinel survived... to later get used by Arkea as a key part of her plans.

Oh and also as part of this Arkea helped to return Selene Gallio to living.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Though no longer canon in current timeline, Monet had a brief romance with Creed which Cullen Bunn confirmed. Sad it was trashed because it was one of the more interestingly ships in the last decade for me.

Rogue's very brief tryst with Deadpool. Though she married Gambit, I think they're still friends since she got DP a Krakoa pass.
    PoolRogue-3.jpg

Deadpool also had a fun relationship with Diamondback. Sadly another ship that's filler trashed.
    Diamondback x Deadpool in Hotshots 3.jpg

Non romantic would be Warda Wilson & Ellie Camacho, Deadpool's daughters.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-26-2022 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    And hey, I'd better post these before Mercury does:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...95/unknown.png

(Spectacular Spider-Man#198)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...62/unknown.png

(Spectacular Spider-Man#199)
    Luk, you loveable rascal, you remembered! 🥹 Jean was the first X-Woman to kiss and thank Spidey for his services, thank you very much. ☝️🏼😌 She may also be the only X-Woman he’s ever kissed. I love Jean’s periodic encounters and team-ups with Spidey. They’ve been bumping into each other for decades.

Bloop!

Jean helps Angel, who pisses Cyclops off, stops Mobius, telekinetically freezes Spider-Man, and gets all of the credit in the end, including a kiss from Spidey himself. From Marvel Team-Up #4 (1972):

Bloop!

Jean is invited by the gods Brahma, Shiva, Vishnu, Kali, Ratri, Mara, Yama, & Agni to join them, before preventing them from destroying the world &, with the help of X-Men & Spider-Man, saving and sending them into the cosmos. From Marvel Team-Up Annual #1 (1976)

Bloop!

This is a long, zany, and hilarious team-up between Jean and Spider-Man, both of whom Nicky Fury has charged with babysitting Bruce Banner (aka, Hulk). From Spider-Man Family #9 (2008):

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Miles... She had a great team up with him.

Falcon talkin’ bout some “Marvel Mama.” 🤣 Jean has a few great moments in this cameo. From Captain America (1974) #173 and #174.

And I love this moment with Sue, though she and Jean go way back before this. Sue looks so cute. Afterward, Jean was like, “Now let's go shopping, Sue!” 😂 From West Coast Avengers Annual #4 (1989).

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Yes yes, keep feeding me with your facts.

I got a few more.
    • Ziggy Karst's real name might actually be Zigfried Trask, and she'd be part of the Trask family.
    • Hercules hooked up with Psylocke and Northstar.
    • Hellion took the Three-in-One on a date to a dance.
    • My friend said Fantomex and Hope flirted, albeit under false pretenses. Anyone remember that?
    • Diamondback flirted with Hellion.
    • Jubilee kind of hates Hellion, but she was also checking him out when he was wearing short shorts.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

You got me started now.

I love this encounter with Mephisto. Jean sacrifices her soul to him to save Sue, X-Factor, Madelyne and Nate. After, he realizes how “rare and wondrous” her soul is, he releases her. From Mephisto vs. X-Factor.

I love how Phisty protects Jean from his demons. 🥹

Last edited by Mercury; 06-26-2022 at 09:56 PM.

On the subject of Mephisto, didn't he go on a date with Magma? They ended up hitting it off, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Fantastic Member

Blob and Unus the Untouchable were criminal best buddies back in the day, and Blob was devastated over his death.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Speaking of the above, I think it was Blob who was with Betsy for a bit. Also Jean x Bishop. But it was in a weird verse. And I was so disinterested, I forgot the book or the event they took place. lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Though no longer canon in current timeline, Monet had a brief romance with Creed which Cullen Bunn confirmed. Sad it was trashed because it was one of the more interestingly ships in the last decade for me.

Rogue's very brief tryst with Deadpool. Though she married Gambit, I think they're still friends since she got DP a Krakoa pass.
    PoolRogue-3.jpg

Deadpool also had a fun relationship with Diamondback. Sadly another ship that's filler trashed.
    Diamondback x Deadpool in Hotshots 3.jpg

Non romantic would be Warda Wilson & Ellie Camacho, Deadpool's daughters.
    Cullen Bunn’s bitterness non-withstanding, Monet X Victor IS still Canon , simply because Marvel NEVER forgets such continuity, especially romantic-sexual pairings.

For instance , even the incestuous romance between 616-Maddie and 295-Nate IS still Canon and in fact mentioned prominently in the official adcopy for the X-Man TPB LOL

Even the Sliding Timescale merely updates history , like how all the characters with military experience in WW2 , the Korean War, the Vietnam War, the Cold War, Operation: Desert Storm, etcetera , now had it changed to the SinCong Conflict (Mark Waid’s History of the Marvel Universe 616) and the Alquira War (Si Spurrier’s XForce)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Yes yes, keep feeding me with your facts.

I got a few more.
    • Ziggy Karst's real name might actually be Zigfried Trask, and she'd be part of the Trask family.
    • Hercules hooked up with Psylocke and Northstar.
    • Hellion took the Three-in-One on a date to a dance.
    • My friend said Fantomex and Hope flirted, albeit under false pretenses. Anyone remember that?
    • Diamondback flirted with Hellion.
    • Jubilee kind of hates Hellion, but she was also checking him out when he was wearing short shorts.
    Zigfried is a girl’s name?! And CC said she may be either a Trask OR A STARK

And Hope and Fantomex had repeated cybersex together (I.E. Their digital avatars had sex with each other)