Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Obscure Character Connections

If you've been paying attention to the KoX thread, you'd see Bobby's posts, detailing the complex life of Rictor, his connections with other characters, and how he should despise Apocalypse. In another thread, Omega_DCD and Galerion were talking about how Laura has good reason to despise Emma Frost. I've also seen Merc talk about Destiny described Jean as a Nexus of probabilities. Jackraow can always be counted on to reveal details about Cable's relationships.

All of these and more got me thinking about all the obscure connections or relationships characters might have. Since we have decades of continuity and hundreds of issues, it's hard to catch all these details. But it's always fun to learn about them. So I wanted to know of any obscure character interactions or connections most people don't know about. The juicer, the better.

Here's a few to start things off.
    • Selene seduced Wither.
    • Jean Grey gave Hellion detention for trying to unbutton her blouse.
    • Time-displaced teenage Cyclops was on the Champions. Regular Cyclops remembers his time with them, and it's come up a few times in Champions books.
    • Mystique had children with Sabretooth, Wolverine and Xavier.
    • Rogue and Colossus kissed.
    • Kid Omega dated Oya.
    • Hellion, Rockslide, Ernst, No-Girl, Shark-Girl, Eye-Boy and another student were once Spider-Man's students. In that same mini, Hellion began to date Shark-Girl, and No-Girl began to date Eye-Boy.
    • Storm and Forge were in a relationship and came close to marriage.
    • Hope dated Velocidad, who cheated on her with Pixie.
    • Laura has seen Hercules' junk.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

One of my favorites is Jean’s connection with Jessica Jones. Bendis, bless his brilliant mind and heart. Also, Hellion is naughty... 🫦

Jessica recounts to Luke Cage how Jean, enlisted by Sgt. Nick Fury, telepathically pulled her out of a comma and helped her cope with the abuse, trauma, and mind control she endured at the hands of the Purple Man. From Alias #26 (2003):

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

not sure if this is really obscure but emma frost and spiderman both attended Empire State University
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Later, in Alias #28 (2004), Jean reappears to Jessica years later, who is once more being mind controlled by the Purple Man. She reveals to Jessica that, years before, during their “recovery sessions,” she planted psychic defense triggers in her mind to help her fight off another attack. As a result, Jessica is able to break free from her perpetrator’s mind control, fight back, and close a chapter in her life that overwhelmed and nearly killed her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    [*]Jean Grey gave Hellion detention for trying to unbutton her blouse.
    [/LIST]
    Well that's quite rude, considering Jean was dead during the time Hellion was a student

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Later, in Alias #28 (2004), Jean reappears to Jessica years later, who is once more being mind controlled by the Purple Man. She reveals to Jessica that, years before, during their “recovery sessions,” she planted psychic defense triggers in her mind to help her fight off another attack. As a result, Jessica is able to break free from her perpetrator’s mind control, fight back, and close a chapter in her life that overwhelmed and nearly killed her.

Yeah that was a nice connection to discover

One thing i hate about the Phoenix retcon is that it kinda messes up other personal connections Jean continued or started...namely Misty Knight...AFAIK they've never reconnected since that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    One of my favorites is Jean’s connection with Jessica Jones. Bendis, bless his brilliant mind and heart. Also, Hellion is naughty... ��

Jessica recounts to Luke Cage how Jean, enlisted by Sgt. Nick Fury, telepathically pulled her out of a comma and helped her cope with the abuse, trauma, and mind control she endured at the hands of the Purple Man. From Alias #26 (2003):
    I really like stories like these, that focus on how caring and mature Jean is. She really is one of the X-Men's biggest hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    not sure if this is really obscure but emma frost and spiderman both attended Empire State University
    I didn't know about it. That's pretty interesting, actually. Did they also attend at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Well that's quite rude, considering Jean was dead during the time Hellion was a student
    I actually looked this up because at the time, I was like, "Wait, wasn't she freaking dead while he was a student?" But no, her death issue came out just a couple of months after her lesson with Hellion. In fact, judging by the timeline, it likely could have been their very last interaction together before she died. His last words would have been how he wanted to see her boobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

BANNED

Hah , just take a look at who dated who (or rather who hooked-up with who) and who was attracted to who ! Which was all prominent once , but became obscure only by the passage of time !

Off the top of my head, the following straight couples, either were-dating, hook-up, mutual-attraction/sexual-tension

For example , Jean and Forge were actually mutually attracted to each other when they first met (back in the time of OG X-Factor) such that Scott got jealousy possessive

Scott and Nathan dated the same woman , Lee F, who also dated Erik (who had a literal ONS with Jan, who was married
    -with-child) to Alex for a decade in an undone future tsk tsk tsk)

Jean and literally every straight male character , at least for them

Tean and Tank briefly dated , but she friendzoned him shortly thereafter

Tarren and Laura L

Lorna and Random , at least for him

Lorna and Bobby , when he was still in the closet

Lorna and Remy , at least for her

Angela and Bobby , at least for her

Warbird and Bobby , at least for her

Wanda and Mort , at least for him

Jean and Jason , psychically

Betsy and Fred , at least for him , in Nate’s AU

Betsy and Neal

Heather and Neal

Betsy (bodyswapped) and literally every straight male character , at least for them

Betsy (bodyswapped) and Fantomex

Betsy (bodyswapped) and Cluster

Betsy (bodyswapped) and Hercules

Betsy (bodyswapped) and Nathan S

The Unusciones (Angelo and Carmela) are either Father and Daughter or Brother and Sister (and Angelo U. is the deadbeat bio-dad of AF’s Jared)

Sarah and Vincent

Stacy and Telford

Stacy and James B

Charles and Amelia

Ororo and literally every straight male character , at least for them

Ororo and Kurt

Rachel and Kurt

Emma and Sean , at least for her

Emma and literally every straight male character , at least for them

Kitty and Doug, at least for him

Kitty and Bobby, when they were both still in the closet

Neena and Piotr

Neena and James P

Alison and Hank

Alison and James L

Alison and James B

Neena and James P

Anne-Marie and Longshot, at least for her

Joanna and Remy

Jubilation and Everett , at least for her

Jubilation and Angelo E., at least for him

Monet and Everett

Monet and Jaime M

Monet and Guido

Monet and Victor

Terry and Jaime M

Terry and James P , at least for him

Terry and Nathan , at least for her

Terry and Shatterstar , at least for her

Terry and Wade , at least for him

Gloria and James P

Paige and Jono

Paige and Warren

Dani and James P

Dani and Nate

Rahne and Doug , at least for her

Rahne and Douglock , at least for him

Rahne and Julio

Danger and Doug

Danger and Warlock

Danger and Madison

Rahne and Josh

Alani and Josh

Amara and Manuel

Amara and Berto

Tabitha and Sam

Tabitha and Berto

Tabitha and Julio , at least for her

Selene and Berto

Sally and Rusty (where is he now LOL)

Nori and David

Laurie C and Josh

Laurie C and Kevin F , at least for him

Sofia and Julian

Cessily and Julian , at least for her

Megan and Gabriel C

Hope S and Gabriel C

Hope S and Fantomex

Laurie T and Kenji , at least for her

Martha and Kenji

Evangeline and Teon

Layla and Shatterstar

Maria and Shatterstar , at least for her

Annie and Alex

Annie and Bobby

Annie and whoever her babydaddy was supposed to be (originally planned to be Erik LOL)

Raven and Azazel, in case its forgotten

Raven and Bobby , when he was still in the closet

Ah , thats all the (mostly) straight couples I can remember offhand
    Last edited by EldonMaguan; 06-26-2022 at 07:45 PM.

I actually looked this up because at the time, I was like, "Wait, wasn't she freaking dead while he was a student?" But no, her death issue came out just a couple of months after her lesson with Hellion. In fact, judging by the timeline, it likely could have been their very last interaction together before she died. His last words would have been how he wanted to see her boobs.
    Huh, well whaddya know

Gambit and Frenzy got jiggy with it during Frenzy's villainous days.

Hawkeye assaulted Deathbird during a battle by forcing a kiss on her.

Dragoness was Thumbelina's only friend in the MLF, but I like to think Tempo was nice to her too.

Jackraow can always be counted on to reveal details about Cable's relationships.
    So Imma post this one before he does:

(Avengers X-Sanction#4)

I didn't know about it. That's pretty interesting, actually. Did they also attend at the same time?
    As far as I'm aware, no, Spidey was still in college back when Dark Phoenix was still going on, more or less.

Anyways, while it doesn't show up much, Spidey has a friendly relationship with Beast:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...48/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...70/unknown.png

(Spectacular Spider-Man#199)

And he even went to talk with him in case a possible child of his ended up being a mutant, keep in mind that in situations like these he's more likely to go talk with Reed, so I find it interesting he decided to go talk with Beast instead:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...54/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...32/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...54/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...04/unknown.png

(Spider-Man#15)

And then there's the time Spidey had a conversation with Beast about existence of gods and ****:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...30/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...98/unknown.png

(ASM#1.3 vol 4).

Knowing this makes Spider-Man & the X-Men a bigger nuisance to read, 'cause Beast is a jerk to him when he gets to the school for no reason, but then again, too many other characters are jerks...
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 06-26-2022 at 08:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Oh man, I'm about to drop SO much obscure X-Men trivia in this thread. *rubs hands together eagerly*

Like does anyone else remember that Peter Parker and Brian Braddock were briefly college roommates? Or how about that Warpath's ex-girlfriend Risque was only retconned to be from this time period and originally she was intended to be a time-traveling member of Clan Askani, here to safeguard Cable during the Onslaught saga and that's why Sinister didn't know who she was or where she came from when he first encountered her? Or that there are whole character designs for a potential Exiles member who was an AU daughter of Thor and Ororo named Thunderstorm, or that Alison Blaire isn't actually the first Marvel character to use the name Dazzler, the original Dazzler was Warren's paternal uncle Burtram, a costumed villain slash diamond smuggler?

Or that there was once a fairly popular rumor/theory that the original third Summers brother storyline teased by Fabian Nicieza wasn't necessarily about Gambit or Adam-X, but that there was a third possibility....with a lot of people wondering if Sinister might have been referring to Peter aka Orphan-Maker, who was introduced in the original X-Factor run as someone who grew up in the same Sinister-controlled Nebraska orphanage that Scott had grown up in after the plane crash, and who had to be saved from Sinister by Nanny, because Sinister said Peter's mutant power was too dangerous to be controlled or used safely, too dangerous for him to even risk making him a Marauder - which is the exact same thing Sinister once claimed about Scott himself, and his reason for never trying to make kid/teen Scott Summers a Marauder either?

Or that Mikhail Rasputin's first time meeting his little sister Illyana - who was born after his original mission that left him stranded in an alternate dimension (not the Hill, that was later, this was his FIRST time stuck in an alternate dimension - like, he never actually even met Illyana until that time he used his own powers to bridge space/time and recruit past Illyana (before her death) to come into the future where he attempted to use her DNA to cure his OWN Legacy Virus infection, which actually became the very thing that GAVE her the Legacy Virus infection she died from? They uh. Have not actually talked about this yet. Between that and Mikhail's current manipulations of their brother Piotr, its very probable that Illyana would like to have WORDS with her oldest brother at some point. Those words will likely involve her sword.

Mmm, yeah. Thanks for this thread, Rift, so much good stuff to info-dump. Lessee, where should I begin. Famous but forgotten grudges of X-Men past? Forgotten, teased or rumored children or relatives of X-Men and/or X-villains? Abandoned plotlines, forgotten friendships...verily, I am spoiled for choice! *ponders*
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 06-26-2022 at 08:09 PM.

Jean Grey was roommates with Misty Knight.

Iron Fist once kicked a bowl of salad at Wolverine and it landed on Storm's head.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Oh man, I'm about to drop SO much obscure X-Men trivia in this thread. *rubs hands together eagerly*

Like does anyone else remember that Peter Parker and Brian Braddock were briefly college roommates?
    Yes, that happened back in MTU#65 and #66, and many years later Excalibur#53 expanded on that brief period and had Spidey and Peter teaching him how to be more responsible or somethin' like that.

Also Spidey got the Phoenix Force once:

(Spider-Man#25)

spoilers:
    This is actually bait, for whatever reason there were a bunch of robots based on villains and Spidey briefly pretended to be Phoenix for some reason by using the tech around, it's silly and probably for the cover
    end of spoilers

And hey, I'd better post these before Mercury does:

(Spectacular Spider-Man#198)

(Spectacular Spider-Man#199)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then