Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EldonMaguan View Post
    Cullen Bunn’s bitterness non-withstanding, Monet X Victor IS still Canon , simply because Marvel NEVER forgets such continuity, especially romantic-sexual pairings.

For instance , even the incestuous romance between 616-Maddie and 295-Nate IS still Canon and in fact mentioned prominently in the official adcopy for the X-Man TPB LOL

Even the Sliding Timescale merely updates history , like how all the characters with military experience in WW2 , the Korean War, the Vietnam War, the Cold War, Operation: Desert Storm, etcetera , now had it changed to the SinCong Conflict (Mark Waid’s History of the Marvel Universe 616) and the Alquira War (Si Spurrier’s XForce)
    Like with DP x Diamondback, until that ship gets referenced again, along with the entirety of Creed's Inversion, then I agree with Bunn. Pre-Hickman Filler. Creed is not popular enough a character in the X-Office to get good consistency other characters get. He's consistently a jobber used to be a punching-bag to the favorites.

Otherwise, weird to go from 2 characters Bunn claimed loved each other to them not thinking of or acknowledging each other at all. lol

Any relationship Creed had with a woman not named Mystique is filler since that's the only relationship Marvel wants to give him & keeps bringing back. And usually hee's treated as her pet.

But Mystique has Destiny back now. So hopefully to GOD that will be the end of her x Creed. A ship that destroyed both characters one way or another.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-26-2022 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Luk, you loveable rascal, you remembered! �� Jean was the first X-Woman to kiss and thank Spidey for his services, thank you very much. ☝️���� She may also be the only X-Woman he’s ever kissed.
    Probably, even if we ignore how the kiss can be considered sexual assault nowadays, it's wildly out of character for Spidey to kiss someone he's not in a relationship with like this, something I doubt that repeated unless there was outside influences (Like the disgusting pheromones between him and Cindy that almost made 'em have sex a few times), and he never dated any of the X-Women (Save for Marrow once), so it's unlikely a lip kiss happened with any of 'em.

Could always end up being a situation where the woman kisses him though, Claremont actually made an amnesiac Black Widow kiss him on the lips back in MTU#84 (Claremont kinda made him into a manwhore in MTU for whatever reason, and he was also having an affair with Betty in ASM too so that made it worse...), and while it's another continuity, he had Spidey flirting with Rogue too in X-Men Forever 2#3, which's weird 'cause those comics are supposed to mirror 616, so he'd be married at the time lol.

She also tried to kiss him in the same issue:

No idea why Claremont specifically does that with Spidey lol.

When it comes to kissing him on the cheek, there's Jean from the scan I posted, there's Emma in Devil's Reign X-Men#2 (Which he looks like he's wearing the black suit but it's not the symbiote, so it's before Venom's debut):

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...88/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...62/unknown.png

Which by the way, this might've happened around the time Emma was the poney killing type of villain, something the comic references, and if so, it's weird she's admiring Spidey lol.

Anyways, Firestar too in Spider-Man Family featuring Amazing Friends:

And he went on a date with Marrow of all people once as Peter, though he didn't know she was Marrow, was back in Spider-Man/Marrow, which I learned just now that a one shot lol.

Also I'm pretty sure that Jean would be the second woman he's shown kissed on the lips onscreen, he's never shown kissing Betty, later he dated Gwen, and after Gwen is MJ, and MTU#4 happened when he was dating Gwen, so MJ would be the third woman he's shown kissing onscreen.

I love Jean’s periodic encounters and team-ups with Spidey. They’ve been bumping into each other for decades.

Bloop!

Jean helps Angel, who pisses Cyclops off, stops Mobius, telekinetically freezes Spider-Man, and gets all of the credit in the end, including a kiss from Spidey himself. From Marvel Team-Up #4 (1972):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-l7FIYX...jpg&name=large

Bloop!
    W̶o̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶X̶a̶v̶i̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶j̶e̶a̶l̶o̶u̶s̶ ̶S̶p̶i̶d̶e̶y̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶r̶e̶e̶p̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶J̶e̶a̶n̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶.̶

This is a long, zany, and hilarious team-up between Jean and Spider-Man, both of whom Nicky Fury has charged with babysitting Bruce Banner (aka, Hulk). From Spider-Man Family #9 (2008):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FPSM7TMX...jpg&name=large
    Huh, wasn't aware of that one lol.

Banner's character in it fells really off compared to what I saw, though maybe that can be excused 'cause for once he's not suffering just for existing, also I'm not sure if he used to dress like the stereotypical nerd at any point, but I'm still new to checking out Hulk's stuff.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 06-26-2022 at 11:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

FORGOTTEN/OVERLOOKED POSSIBLE RELATIVES OF X-CHARACTERS

Figured this is the easiest/quickest to start off with. A lot of these I've talked about in other threads but compiling them all in one place....

- There's the Peter aka Orphan-Maker as a Summers brother rumor
    - Worth nothing that the other confirmed brother of Scott, Alex and Gabriel's is their half-brother via their mother, Adam Neramani aka Adam-X. Confirmed in a recent X-Men Legends issue, even though Scott and Alex's memories of learning he was their brother were wiped to keep knowledge of Adam's heritage a secret so as not to lead to another Shi'ar Civil War....Gabriel I believe has no idea about Adam. This is potentially significant given Gabe's obsession with his own past reign of the Shi'ar Empire....which is currently led by Xandra, the daughter of one of the people Gabe hates most in life, Charles Xavier. One of the other people Gabe hates most is former Shi'ar Emperor D'Ken....who is Adam's biological father. I'm just saying, all of this is messy and should probably come up at some point, considering the two potential rivals to Xandra's claim of her throne are Adam himself, as the son of D'Ken, and Gabriel and Deathbird's child, who we have no idea what happened to, as of right now.

- Also worth noting is that while likely not direct claimants to the Shi'ar throne like Adam, Xandra and Deathbird's child with Gabriel, former X-Men Lifeguard and Slipstream are of Shi'ar royal heritage as well. We don't know much about their connection to the Shi'ar, just that based on an alternate avian form Heather's able to assume with her powers, with markings associated with a royal Shi'ar bloodline, Heather and Davis' mother was likely a Shi'ar of royal lineage.

- Bobby's ex-girlfriend Opal Tanaka has a son born not long after she and Bobby broke up, and that she named Robert. The mini that introduced him ended with her claiming he wasn't Bobby's son and Bobby saying he knew that, but its widely believed this was just editorial changing their mind last minute and being gun-shy about making Bobby a dad at the time, given how much evidence the mini presented for Robert Junior being Bobby's son and how hasty the claim he wasn't was, and later writers like Marjorie Liu have said they definitely assume RJ to be Bobby's son - but whether future editors or writers will ever pull the trigger on that is anyone's guess. The possibility is out there though.

- Another possibility for descendants for Bobby is a member of the X-Nation team from the X-Men 2099 era, Winter Frost aka December. Created and introduced at a time when Gen-X writers like Jay Faerber were teasing the possibility of a Bobby/Emma Frost romance, the common conception was that December's appearance and name were heavily intended as clues that she was related to Emma, with her ice powers hinting at Bobby being another part of her ancestry. Obviously they never did do a Bobby/Emma romance, but its worth noting that December's appearance, name and powers could equally be explained through her being a descendant of Bobby and Christian Frost, if perhaps one of Christian's sisters eventually acted as an egg donor, resulting in a grandparent of December's who has Bobby's powers along with the Frost family name and appearance.

- Another member of the same X-Nation team as December was a young mutant named Shane Lee, aka Metalsmith. He had silver hair despite his young age, similar to Pietro (who at the time of Metalsmith's creation was definitively regarded as Magneto's son) as well as magnetic and metal-shaping powers reminiscent of Magneto's. He also was of Asian descent, leading some to speculate that there was a connection to Jubilee or one of her descendants in his family tree as well, but it was pretty much taken as a given (by fans as well as by Exodus, who appeared in the 2099 era after hibernating for a century) that he was definitely a descendant of Magneto's.

- Common knowledge to some, but maybe not to others.....an old story of Claremont's, set in the Savage Land, definitively established that on a mission there, Piotr ended up having sex with a woman named Nereel, who eventually had a child she named Peter. Piotr has never learned of this on page, that we know of, but a later story established that Longshot definitely knows that Piotr is Peter's father, but Nereel made him promise not to tell Piotr.

- Logan has a half-brother via his father, whose name is Dog Logan. I really wish I was making that up, but sadly, tis canon. This is fairly well-known though, thanks to Dog appearing in Jason Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men, but what isn't as well known is that Logan also had a full biological brother, John Howlett Jr. He died when he was just a kid though, killed by their father after John Jr. scarred their mother's back with his claws. He was definitely a mutant like Logan, sharing the same kind of claws as him, though how easily he was killed suggests he either didn't have a healing factor, or it hadn't kicked in yet or grown strong enough to save him at the time of his death. Point remains though, he's definitely resurrection-eligible, though he was only twelve when he died. John Howlett Sr. covered up the nature of his death by telling people his oldest son John Jr. died of an illness, and Logan never met him while he was alive.

- In other little known relatives of Logan....he was at one point married to Ophelia Sarkissian aka Madame Hydra, aka Viper. Piotr isn't the only one with a Savage Land kid, as Logan also has a son there named Erista, though he is also unaware that Erista is his child. It was definitively confirmed by Marvel editors at one point though, and Erista is listed as a son of Wolverine in one of the Marvel Handbooks. Logan's also the father of each member of the Red Right Hand gang, who were all recruited by their half brother Akihiro to be used as weapons against Logan (some of them knew he was their father, others didn't). These included William Downing Jr. aka Gunhawk, Saw Fist (half-Mexican son, real name unknown), Shadow Stalker (half-Asian daughter, real name unknown), Fire Knives (white red-haired daughter, real name unknown), and Cannon Foot (white, son, real name unknown). Cannon Foot was a confirmed mutant, with various animal-derived powers, and Fire Knives was possibly a mutant who used flaming weapons that emitted their own heat, though this could also have just been a property of the weapons rather than a mutant power. There was no indication whether or not Gunhawk, Saw Fist or Shadow Stalker were mutants one way or another.

- Logan's also related to James Hudson aka Guardian on his mother's side. They're cousins, making Heather Hudson his cousin by marriage. His alternate reality son from the Ultimate Universe, Jimmy Hudson was raised by the Ultimate Universe's version of James and Heather, and Jimmy's mother in his reality was Magneto's former wife Magda, making him the half-brother of the Ultimate Universe's Maximoff twins.

- Logan also had a foster daughter named Amiko Kobayashi who he eventually arranged to live with Yukio.

- Laura Kinney had several clone-sisters in addition to Gabby, like Bellona, Zelda, etc. Some are dead, most of their fates are currently unknown.

- Lastly, two members of the late 90s iteration of Alpha Flight were Adrian Corbo aka Flex and his older brother Jared Corbo aka Radius. Adrian could turn his arms into sword-like appendages, and Jared had a forcefield he couldn't shut off. Both had the same mother and were raised in one of Department H's orphanages with the eventual aim of having them join one of their government sponsored teams, and one storyline before that short-lived Alpha Flight run was cancelled had Adrian and Jared trying to find if Department H had any information on who their fathers were. That storyline was never concluded, due to cancellation, nor was it ever revisited (as of yet) by later writers, but it was heavily implied that Logan was Adrian's father, and Unus the Untouchable was Jared's. Which would mean that Unuscione is Jared's half-sister and Adrian's the half-sibling of the Snikt kids, and even more importantly if you're deranged like me, it means that Logan and Unus the Untouchable canonically have the same taste in women, which for some reason I find hilarious.

Astonishing Member

- Domino is the result of a government breeding program designed to create the ultimate mutant weapon, and her mother's name is Beatrice, who was a willing volunteer in the program. When searching for information on her origins, Domino discovered that Beatrice had another child for the program, who was five years old at the time, a young boy named Lazarus, with the same albino skin and eye patch as Domino. Lazarus' mutant power was empathy and mind control, which usually (and unintentionally on his part) manifested as a kind of bliss-inducing aura around him that had addictive effects. Domino rescued him from the program and left him with a foster family, but the last time he was seen, he'd been tracked down by their mother Beatrice, who had a knife in her hand and is heavily implied to have killed him.

- Nate Grey is presumably the father of Threnody's child. Threnody's real name is Melody Jacobs, and she's a mutant Nate helped escape from Sinister, who was experimenting with Melody's ability to sense death (she was particularly attuned to victims of the Legacy Virus) and feed off of and control the life-force energies that were released upon a person's death. Threnody instinctively used her powers to resurrect herself when killed, and additionally showed an ability to use them to raise and create zombies, and at some point she had a child heavily implied to be Nate's. However, her powers affected the child in the womb, and it was born as some kind of undead demonic mutant who required a constant supply of death energy to 'feed' - resulting in Threnody joining the Assassin's Guild and eventually trying to drain the life energies from the child of Deadpool's handler, Weasel. Deadpool killed Threnody's child, and then the writers fed us some bullshit about how this was actually noble of him because it spared Melody from the guilt of having killed a child and she was like okee dokee, thanks, you're a pal, instead of like. Whatever, that whole thing was a mess and makes me heated so I'm just gonna glide on past it. And we're gliding, we're gliding, point is, Threnody's out there somewhere and theoretically there's a half-Nate Grey baby in the resurrection queue or the Waiting Room somewhere. Keep it away from Sinister plz.

Hmm, who else. Blink and Chamber are distant cousins of course, both descendants of Apocalypse, and Blink's great-grandfather Frederick Slade is another pink-haired teleporter who is still alive, though he's like, super old and only still alive due to transfusions of Apocalypse's blood. Jono's great-grandfather Jack Starsmore was a dude who breathed fire, and who used to tell Jono stories about Clan Akkaba before he died when Jono was super young, but they were of the 'that part of the family is cray cray and you should stay away from them at all costs' variety.

Elixir has two unnamed brothers, who might or might not be self-loathing repressed mutants like he used to be before he entered his literal glow-up era. Hellion similarly has an older brother named James who might or might not be a mutant who decided mmm, gonna keep that to myself, after their parents told Julian he should probably stop coming home if he's gonna bring mutant hijinks along for the ride. Wallflower's father Sean Garrison is a confirmed douchebag who has all her same pheromone powers and none of her ethical concerns about using them, and might very well be running around Krakoa somewhere, Pixie however is still in the lead in the My Father's Literally the Worst competition, given that hers is Mastermind, and her half-sisters are the Ladies Mastermind, neither of whom is actually much of a lady. Bit of false advertising there.

Kurt has approximately several hundred half-siblings via his demonic douche of a dad, Azazel, who abstains from using contraceptives as its against HIS religion - his religion of course being that he should totally be ruler of the world and also heaven and hell and also all his kids are morally obligated to help him with these goals. We literally don't care about any of Kurt's half-siblings except for Abyss and Kiwi Black, however, who both should come back. I just think they're neat. Karma's twin brother is the recently resurrected and only theoretically reformed Tran, and they have two younger siblings, Leong and Nga. They're twins much like Xi'an and Tran are twins, and presumably dormant mutants whose powers we briefly saw when they were temporarily aged up and turned into Template and Replica. Nga (Replica) had the ability to copy the DNA patterns of people she touched and construct a new body based on that, and Template also called Nanite (Leong) had some weird ability to detach his skin and telekinetically control it? Idk. Weird power was weird. ALSO, the Manh siblings also have an older half-sister, Da'o aka Susan Hatchi, who is currently dead and likely to blame Karma for that upon her likely resurrection, considering she was a telepath who was depowered on M-Day and thus should be in the resurrection queue.

Monet and her older brother Marius aka Emplate have their younger siblings the M-Twins, Claudette and Nicole, who are definitely mutants as well, but like. The full rundown of how that family's powers actually all work WILL break your brain and also require like three whole posts to get into in depth so I'm just not gonna do that tonight. Maybe later. Also, their mother Jamila St. Croix is likely a latent mutant considering Emplate is a food snob who only feasts on mutant marrow, and the whole reason their mom is dead and all three of his sisters hate his guts is because when Marius' powers manifested, he decided family dinner now had a whole different definition, and like. Yeah. So that happened.

Astonishing Member

Prodigy has a little sister named Kim, like other Academy X kids, his sibling could be a latent mutant or could be human, but is currently presumed to be human. Blindfold has a sorta older brother named Luca, who is a whole-ass abusive douchebag who is definitely fully biologically her sibling and only sorta her older brother in the sense that he's mostly a psychic ghost who hangs around trying to kill her because family solidarity is a damn lie if you're an X-kid, but also might be dead for good and totally impossible to resurrect because Legion objected to Luca trying to kill Ruth and blew his consciousness to smithereens. And if anything can blow a mutant consciousness to smithereens beyond repair, it'd be Legion, so....who knows if he'll ever come back. He had precognitive and astral projection powers like Ruth, but was said to be not as good at seeing the future as her, but better at manipulating certain events to come to pass based on what he did see. Also he could possess people and even possess inanimate objects or surfaces and like, reshape it into a temporary pseudo body. But again, he's probably dead and even if he's not, **** that guy anyway.

Additionally, Luca and Ruth's presumed great-grandmother is Destiny, who as well as being Rogue's foster mother, also is the biological mother of the now deceased Justine Chase, who was either a latent mutant or whom the X-gene skipped, before manifesting in Justine's son, Trevor Chase, who is Ruth's likely cousin once removed, and had some kind of reality warping powers but also was last seen kidnapped by a government Hound program and never heard from again. Which is all kinds of awkward considering that apparently the ONE THING Irene asked Raven to do after her death - aside from possibly burn down all of Krakoan civilization but that barely counts - was to watch over Justine and Trevor, an assignment Raven apparently took super seriously until literally the comic after Justine and her husband were murdered and Trevor was kidnapped and never seen again, at which point Raven promptly forgot to give a damn. Whoops.

Wolf Cub aka Nicholas Gleason is apparently a descendant of Supreme Mutant Werewolf Douchebag Maximus Lobo whose view on family bonding was 'kill all your friends cuz I say so and if you don't I'll kill you, look kid, its called tough love, I don't make the rules.' But like, we really don't need to revisit any of that. Like I'm a big fan of resurrecting obscure mutants but I am A-Okay with Maximus Lobo staying maximally dead.

Graymalkin is actually Xavier and Cassandra Nova's ancestor, presumably a sibling of one of their great-great grandsomethings, which is kinda hilarious to me, picturing Xavier struggling to decide what to call Jonas or how to refer to him. Also makes Jonas related to Legion and Xandra of course. And Cain via familial adoption.

Warren's kinda-sorta the father of the Apocalyptic Murder Twins, who are right up there with Cable's son Tyler in Kids We Don't Talk About, They Have Brought Shame Upon The Family, Though In Their Defense Its Mostly Just Because Once Upon A Time Apocalypse Did A Thing. Apocalypse doing things has fucked up many, MANY an X-family. Most X-Families would like him to just. Stop doing things please.

Shiro's half-sister Leyu Yoshida aka Sunpyre is currently dead but should be resurrection-eligible. Everyone knows the mess that is the Longshot-Dazzler-Shatterstar family tree slash closed loop, and if you don't already know, don't ask. You don't want to know. You're welcome. Also Dazzler's homicidal half-sister Lois aka Mortis was last seen in a coma. Presumably somebody has done something about that since Krakoa formed. Or maybe not. Idk. People only tend to remember Ali has a sister like, once every couple decades, and we're fifteen years early for the next go-round.

Bishop and his sister Shard are the alleged great-grandchildren of aboriginal mutant Gateway, who has some vaguely defined connection to the St. Croix family too, which means the Bishops and the St. Croix's might also be connected in some way.

Cannonball of course has a whole gaggle of siblings as well as his son Josiah, but at last count only four of the nine siblings are confirmed mutants (Paige, Josh, Melody and Jeb), with a fifth, Elizabeth, most likely one too given that her AOA counterpart was a size-shifter called Amazon.

Sabretooth has two mutant siblings, Saul and Clara, who had the same powerset as him or slight variations. They're deceased, cuz Victor was like THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE, but presumably resurrection-eligible. Also he and Mystique were the parents of Graydon Creed, who is also dead and according to his claims of having no X-gene, NOT resurrection-eligible, but that one's not actually Victor's fault, that time was because it was Mystique who went THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE and was like and I pick Rogue, all other children of mine are irrelevant except I guess I probably won't try and throw Kurt in a river again, seems like an awful lot of effort for something that didn't even work the first time.

Rahne is Moira's adopted daughter and thus Proteus' adopted sister, not that anyone has ever regarded that as worth mentioning, and her son Tier is allegedly still alive and Places Unknown. He's so grounded when she tracks his furry butt down. Siryn is Banshee's daughter, raised by Banshee's cousin Black Tom because of Editorially Mandated Angst, but also because Tom and Sean loved the same woman, Maeve, and both blamed each other for her death, and Tom was like watch me hijack your daughter's filial affection because HELLO, I'm a THIEF, I STEAL THINGS its kinda what I DO you can't possibly be surprised and/or mad about this and Sean was like lol bet? But look, all that's in the past and Tom's moved on and is gay for Cain Marko now and they're probably co-parenting D-Cel or something, its fine.

I decline to acknowledge Bendis' view of Mystique as a baby-making factory who had nothing better to do with her time than pop out AU children of Xavier and Logan in quick succession. Like yes she is a mutant terrorist but even she deserves better than to be made the literal Bride of Chucky, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Shaw is the father of Shinobi except apparently he's not and that's actually Harry Leland according to an issue of Maury-auders, and Trevor Fitzroy was actually a descendant of Sebastian's as well, not that either of them ever knew this as far as I know. Layla did though. She knows stuff. Did you guys know that?

Fabian Cortez had a sister he literally muuuuuuuurdered in the name of killing Magneto but apparently that was not something that needed to come up in his weird redemption arc, so I guess we're moving on. The Kleinstock brothers were actually originally homicidal triplets instead of just homicidal twins, so presumably the Other other Kleinstock brother is back finally, Zaladane is probably Lorna's half-sister on her mother's side but X-Men editor JDW doesn't even know she exists so I would not bank on that mattering any time soon.

Avalanche had a daughter with some weird teleporting through water shtick, but like, she worked for Red Skull so do we even need her back? We're just going to LOL forever at the very idea of trying to chart out the full Apocalypse, Summers or Magneto family trees. Look if Marvel can't even do it, how the **** should I be able to?

MLF member Thumbelina is actually the sister of Slab, one of Sinister's Nasty Boys. Its fine if you have no idea who either of those people are. Feral has a sister with her same powerset, named Thornn. They won't be on the test either. Academy X kids Preview and Network aka Jessie and Sarah Vale are sisters, and curiously, Network had an Ultimate Universe counterpart whose name was Seth Vale. Wouldn't mind seeing a story where the 616 Network is written as trans. Darkstar aka Laynia Petrovna has a mutant brother called Vanguard, with the power to repel energy or something, idk he's hardly ever relevant outside of Winter Guard stories and honestly how often are Winter Guard stories relevant? Also I have a totally random headcanon I am COMMITTED to wherein Iceman foe Doppelganger - the original, pre-Sinister mad mutant scientist - used Bobby and Laynia's DNA to make Dallas Gibson aka Specter whose powers are the perfect blend of theirs, and like, idk, maybe there was a revenge plot reason in there, maybe it was just For Science, but look all I'm saying is it could work and also I do not accept constructive criticism on this headcanon, I am COMMITTED, remember?

And there's probably plenty of other relatives I haven't covered but there are eighty four million mutants and I have arbitrarily decided to be done with this so bye.

I'm awesome at denouments.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 06-27-2022 at 12:15 AM.

Another obscure Jean connection that I love is her relationship with Namor, whom she saved—he called her “my hero”—and persuaded to join her efforts and team. 🥹

Bloop!

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

BobbysWorld dropping info dumps that would make Hickman blush :P.

Don't have anything to comment on it besides how X-Men have more bastard children than I thought lol.

Anyways, speaking of redhead mutant women who had the Phoenix force once or twice:

(Marvel Knights Spider-Man#6).

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...96/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...56/unknown.png

(New Avengers#27 vol 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Another obscure Jean connection that I love is her relationship with Namor, whom she saved—he called her “my hero”—and persuaded to join her efforts and team. ��

Bloop!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FSJd8Y9X...g&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FSJd_fBX...g&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FSJeDTQX...pg&name=medium
    Oh hey, that reminds me Hope and Namor had this:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...24/unknown.png

(Uncanny X-Men#8 vol 2).

The comedy here is good enough that I almost forgot to "ick" over Land's art.

Quote Originally Posted by EldonMaguan View Post
    Zigfried is a girl’s name?! And CC said she may be either a Trask OR A STARK

And Hope and Fantomex had repeated cybersex together (I.E. Their digital avatars had sex with each other)
    Claremont used it as a girl's name before.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Zigfr...sk_(Earth-161)

She could be either a Trasm or Stark. But considering Zigfried Stark exists in an AU and was also created by Claremont, my personal headcanon is that she is a Trask. Though I would love for her to come back as Tony's kid, just to give her more relevance.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    not sure if this is really obscure but emma frost and spiderman both attended Empire State University
    And Peter Parker was roomies with Brian Braddock, who is now about a decade older than him.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Bishop and his sister Shard are the alleged great-grandchildren of aboriginal mutant Gateway, who has some vaguely defined connection to the St. Croix family too, which means the Bishops and the St. Croix's might also be connected in some way.
    And now it makes sense that Marius (in his human form) looks vaguely like Bishop!

MLF member Thumbelina is actually the sister of Slab, one of Sinister's Nasty Boys.
    Ew. Slab is nasty. I mean, it's right there in the name, but still. I thought she was sister to Tower, one of Apocalypse's brief-lived 'Alliance of Evil,' of whom only Frenzy matters. (Although Stinger, an electricity-zapper, has had a kid by X-Man-for-five-minutes, Omerta/Pauli Provenzano, an invulnerable jerk. Apparently they had the first baby born on Krakoa?)

Darkstar aka Laynia Petrovna has a mutant brother called Vanguard, with the power to repel energy or something, idk he's hardly ever relevant outside of Winter Guard stories and honestly how often are Winter Guard stories relevant? Also I have a totally random headcanon I am COMMITTED to wherein Iceman foe Doppelganger - the original, pre-Sinister mad mutant scientist - used Bobby and Laynia's DNA to make Dallas Gibson aka Specter whose powers are the perfect blend of theirs, and like, idk, maybe there was a revenge plot reason in there, maybe it was just For Science, but look all I'm saying is it could work and also I do not accept constructive criticism on this headcanon, I am COMMITTED, remember?
    For mutants who seemed like synergies, when I first saw Elixer/Josh Foley, with the metal skin and the healing power, I remembered how Colossus dated this alien healer chick Tsaji (?) during the first Beyonder Wars wankfest, and thought that maybe Josh was secretly their love-child, but no. Just a rando healer who made himself look like solid gold because he's fabulous that way.

That said, I also like when mutants have kids whose powers are *nothing* at all like their parents. Magneto and Pietro and Wanda used to be the gold standard here, but there are still some mutants like Darkstar and Vanguard who are siblings and whose powers are nothing alike, or other family ties like Mystique and Nightcrawler that have some superficial similarities, but whose powers (shapeshifting and teleportation) are 100% different, not 'telepath / telekinetic like mom' or 'force fields like dad' or 'illusions like dad.' It makes them feel more like actual mutants, the definition of which is 'different from parents.' In the cases of stable mutant bloodlines like Magneto and Polaris or Jean and Nate or Rachel, it feels less like 'mutants' and more 'a new species of homo magnetokinesis' or whatever.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This thread is making my head spin... You could fill years' worth of stories with these forgotten connections.

Fantastic Member

Nate Grey was best friends with Spider-Man. He knew Parker's real identity and was an occasional guest in Parkers house. They also fought enemies on occasion, like Morbius, Electro and Mysterio. Nate was even once bitten by Morbius and turned into vampire-like creature like Morbius himself. IIRC Nate used telekinesis to self-heal himself of infection. Sadly, Parker likely forgot about him when Nate erased memories about himself from everyone in New York.

Nate was also friends with Sentry, but it was a never shown friendship, mentioned only once. Apparently they had a lot of adventures together. like beating Galactus, for example.

Nate was on good terms with Fantastic Four and befriended Franklin. They bonded on the "I'm ridiculously overpowered youngster with a lack of control over my god-like powers" similarity.

Storm have a bunch of living relatives on both sides of her family, but none of them were shown again after attending her wedding with Black Panther. Her maternal ancestors include powerful sorceress (including Sorceress Supreme) and queens.

Jean apparently had multiple additional, never mentioned before, siblings, apart from Sara. All of them, including a bunch of other previously unknown relatives like various uncles, aunts and cousins were all slaughtered by Shi'ar and this was never addressed again. Jean also had several weird ancestors, like Lady Grey and Dark Mother.

Amanda Mueller aka Black Womb, a yet another crazy genetic who once worked with Xavier's father, Destiny and Sinister, is maybe, or maybe not, an ancestor of entire Summers family. And also maybe had a hand in Gambit's birth.

Magma is Selene's granddaughter. Most recently it was addressed in Necrosha when Selene sent Doug to kill Magma.

Shaw and Worthington families are relatives. They ancestors few generations ago had married.
    Last edited by Harasar; 06-27-2022 at 03:36 AM.

Fantastic Member

There's the Peter aka Orphan-Maker as a Summers brother rumor
    Never heard of it. Was it hinted in comics? Or just a random rumor by fans?

Worth nothing that the other confirmed brother of Scott, Alex and Gabriel's is their half-brother via their mother, Adam Neramani aka Adam-X. Confirmed in a recent X-Men Legends issue, even though Scott and Alex's memories of learning he was their brother were wiped to keep knowledge of Adam's heritage a secret so as not to lead to another Shi'ar Civil War....Gabriel I believe has no idea about Adam. This is potentially significant given Gabe's obsession with his own past reign of the Shi'ar Empire....which is currently led by Xandra, the daughter of one of the people Gabe hates most in life, Charles Xavier. One of the other people Gabe hates most is former Shi'ar Emperor D'Ken....who is Adam's biological father. I'm just saying, all of this is messy and should probably come up at some point, considering the two potential rivals to Xandra's claim of her throne are Adam himself, as the son of D'Ken, and Gabriel and Deathbird's child, who we have no idea what happened to, as of right now.
    It is kind of funny what all three of Shi'ar royal family now have a half-Shi'ar/half-mutant children. Hope it would be addressed one day.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    That said, I also like when mutants have kids whose powers are *nothing* at all like their parents. Magneto and Pietro and Wanda used to be the gold standard here, but there are still some mutants like Darkstar and Vanguard who are siblings and whose powers are nothing alike, or other family ties like Mystique and Nightcrawler that have some superficial similarities, but whose powers (shapeshifting and teleportation) are 100% different, not 'telepath / telekinetic like mom' or 'force fields like dad' or 'illusions like dad.' It makes them feel more like actual mutants, the definition of which is 'different from parents.' In the cases of stable mutant bloodlines like Magneto and Polaris or Jean and Nate or Rachel, it feels less like 'mutants' and more 'a new species of homo magnetokinesis' or whatever.
    Oh for sure. The term mutant as applied to everyone who has or INHERITS an X-gene is absolutely a technical misnomer and just works as a colloquial catch-all, but I prefer a mix - some mutants inheriting a stable mutation passed down from mutant parents, some mutants having a synthesis of their mutant parents' mutations, and some mutants who are the first in their families to have a certain mutation, or even one at all. Like I think it creates a cool spectrum of possibilities when you have mutant siblings with the same powersets like the Proudstars, and mutant families like Logan's or the Grey-Summers, who all share the same or similar powers....and then you have families with characters like Kurt and TJ, where Kurt's mutation and powers are a blend of both his parents, and TJ's in turn are a blend of hers (or my headcanon about Dallas, lol)....and then you have families like the Rasputins where some of the siblings have somewhat related powers (like Mikhail's have always been poorly defined and vague but could be argued to be space/time and dimensional manipulation which is true of Illyana's as well, but then you've got Piotr who has a completely separate mutation not remotely similar to either)....and then on the opposite side of the spectrum you have mutant families where everyone has a completely different power.

I mean, tbh, if characters in-universe are going to consider members of the Summers family to be a kind of mutant royalty, I'd argue that the Guthries could theoretically be seen in a similar light because of the novelty of having such a huge family of mutants, all of whom have completely different powers, most of which in turn are each a brand new mutation in their own right....and thus each the potential progenitor of their own individual lineage of stable mutations derived from theirs. Like Josiah's is from Sam, Paige's kids might be from hers, Elizabeth's kids might all be size-shifters, etc.

In other points of interest, lol, I'm laughing because I can't help but notice the one member of the Alliance of Evil you left out was Timeshadow, the mutant with the Jamie Madrox-esque ability to generate dupes....but in his case, they're all just versions of himself pulled from different points in his personal timeline. I seem to recall your exasperation with how many random time-manipulating mutants there are, so I wonder if that was deliberate or if you just repressed his existence. Heh.

But also, you responding here reminds me I forgot an Academy X kid....Callie Beto aka Dryad is a plant-manipulating mutant whose father is a mutant with the same powers, and who worked as a famous landscaper using his powers, pre M-Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    This thread is making my head spin... You could fill years' worth of stories with these forgotten connections.
    LOL. Just wait til I finish my rundown of forgotten/overlooked grudges and enemies, not to mention abandoned plotlines. And also forgotten allies and teams. A lot of people remember Shard, but forget that there have been enough mutant refugees/visitors from Bishop and Shard's original timeline, you could give Bishop's War College idea a whole staff of teachers made up of former XSE personnel. There's Bishop and Shard, sure, but then there's also Malcolm and Randall, Fixx, Archer and Greystone, etc. Oh! Which also reminds me, Bishop's teacher and mentor in the XSE, Hecat'e, was a mutant with Darkforce powers who was explicitly said to be descended from Lenore Wilkinson, a depowered mutant introduced in X-Factor after M-Day.

Also would be interesting if someone commented on the 93 escaped prisoners from Bishop's future timeline who were brought back through time by Fitzroy to be his personal army....like Bantam, Eyebeam, Styglut, Daemon, Virago and assorted others. 92 of them were explicitly tracked down and killed by Bishop, Malcolm and Randall between their first appearance in Uncanny X-Men #282 and when Bishop joined the X-Men after Malcolm and Randall's deaths in UXM #287. Literally the only one of the 93 prisoners to evade them was Mountjoy, who should still be around, alive and well somewhere....but all 92 of those other prisoners, most of whom were part of Fitzroy's Lifers gang....like, all of them died in the present, which means their DNA was likely scooped up by Sinister who had to be interested in this random surge of time-travelling mutants, and all of their consciousnesses should have been backed up by Cerebro. Would love to see what Bishop thinks about that and if they're included in the queue or if he argued that they shouldn't be, due to being timeline refugees not originally from here. Like, I think there's potentially a REALLY interesting story to be told about the politics of Bishop trying to argue against the resurrection of all these notorious mutant criminals from his original timeline, and playing the 'they're not originally from here' angle if necessary....only for others like Shaw, Sinister or Exodus to argue that if they go with that logic, they'll have to apply it to his sister Shard and his friends Malcolm and Randall, should their resurrections ever be possible.

For that matter, I still maintain Fitzroy would be a fascinating moral quandary to explore, resurrection wise, because the thing is, he's a fucking unapologetic murderer - but only AFTER he was resurrected by Layla Miller's mutant power, which explicitly resurrects a person without their soul. And that's what led to Guido doing the terrible things he did when first resurrected by her power. Obviously they 'fixed' that and got his soul back, though that didn't make things magically okay between him and the people soulless Guido had hurt....but there were stories dedicated to examining the implications of accountability for soulless Guido versus the fact that he never would have done those things if he'd had his soul. There's a similar situation with Fitzroy, because he was by all accounts a genuinely good person back when he was originally a member of the Summers rebellion, before he first died and Layla resurrected him. He and Shard used to be in love, he and Bishop were good friends, etc. Its why his betrayal, post-soulless resurrection, hit them both so hard. And theoretically, Fitzroy should be possible to resurrect with a soul via Waiting Room hand-wavey stuff or some other exception like if for instance they have Illyana pop back to Bishop's original timeline to grab Shard's DNA and make her resurrection possible - like I'm just saying, they did it for Guido, there's plenty of ways they could do it with Fitzroy too, and the same argument made for WHY it was done for Guido should theoretically hold for giving the souled version of Fitzroy the same second chance.

But WOULD they, is the potentially really interesting story, that could EASILY be a whole fucking subplot for something like Immortal X-Men.

Because amnesty or not, you KNOW there's no way Emma won't hold a grudge about his murder of her Hellions until the end of time. But then there are enemies of hers on the Council like Shaw who would argue for it purely to spite her, people like Exodus or Sinister who would argue for it just because of how powerful Fitzroy is and how useful his powers are (especially if he could just skim a little life-force energy off the top of Krakoa without needing to drain people, the same way Selene and Emplate did/do). And for Bishop (and Shard, if resurrected by then), it would be a whole personal struggle like do they even WANT him back, struggling to reconcile their feelings for the person Fitzroy WAS with the person he BECAME, while trying to factor in the fact that his souled status was a big part of that equation and it doesn't HAVE to go down the same way, if they bring him back with his soul intact. Add in the fact that as a member of the Upstarts, Fitzroy killed and/or pissed off a lot of powerful or influential mutants who would absolutely want to bar his resurrection, and the fact that as the one who originally brought close to a hundred notorious mutant criminals to this era, he'd potentially have a lot of influence over all of them if brought back, but this would be 'good Fitzroy' who might use that influence positively....

Like I'm just saying, people have pointed out how little has been done with the concept of mutant resurrection, with it mostly just being used (and abused, narratively) for plot convenience....but a story about SHOULD a mutant like Trevor Fitzroy be resurrected, when he's a 'special case' whose resurrection wouldn't be guaranteed and would have to actually be debated, and subject to political power games, with far-ranging implications and ramifications for a lot of other mutants like other timeline refugees, the rest of the mutant criminals from Bishop's timeline, as well as friends and allies of his like Malcolm, Randall and his own sister...

*Shrugs* Just saying, I'd love to see something like that be the subject of an Immortal X-Men Year Two storyline, for example.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 06-27-2022 at 04:05 AM.