Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by imbatman1206 View Post
    But I’ve never read/played Children of the Atom. Do you have scans for this by chance?
    I don't know if they appeared in any art together, but their Future selves mention each other in their card lore. They wear matching suits, made by Beast, that channel their powers, and they work as a two-person tactical strike team.

2024: The Year of Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    When Cable first time traveled back to modern times (sometime after Logan became Wolverine but before the X-men were formed) the first superhuman character he ecnountered was the Vulture.

Vulture kicked his ass and escaped with the stolen jewels he had come for.

https://i.imgur.com/x5vRfGH.png?1

Vulture would also appear in New Mutants 86 (the issue right before Cable's first appearance) where he fought Rusty and Skids but to my knowledge Cable has yet to have his rematch.
    Hah, didn't know this one.

Anyways, Hulk once fucked Selene:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...64/unknown.png

(Marvel Comics Presents#78).

Kinda makes the fact he got raped by Umar and later was briefly on her bootycall funnier somehow lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Emma and White Tiger
    Emma and Franklin Richards
    Emma and Nate Grey
    Emma and Jessica Jones
    Emma and Spider-Man
    Emma and Gorgon
    Emma and Toad
    Emma and Shanna
    Emma banged Toad? Somehow that checks out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Emma banged Toad? Somehow that checks out.
    Gave him a house after he was bullied and laughed out by the Hellfire Club

Aside from Morrison's "It's Weapon ten, not X" retcon (Which connected Cap's origin with Wolverine's), there's another connection between Cap and Wolverine:

(Captain America#303).

So the guy who came up with Cap's shield is the one who created Adamantium too.

Jean didn't want Wanda to join the X-Men 'cause she thought Wanda is too hot:

(X-Men#6).
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I mean, tbh, if characters in-universe are going to consider members of the Summers family to be a kind of mutant royalty, I'd argue that the Guthries could theoretically be seen in a similar light because of the novelty of having such a huge family of mutants, all of whom have completely different powers, most of which in turn are each a brand new mutation in their own right....and thus each the potential progenitor of their own individual lineage of stable mutations derived from theirs. Like Josiah's is from Sam, Paige's kids might be from hers, Elizabeth's kids might all be size-shifters, etc.
    Finding out what the other four or five kids' powers are would be neat (assuming that they are all mutants!), or even learning what that tenth girl's name actually is, since she never got a name. It would be cool if A) they continued to have unrelated powers, and B) there was some reason for why Mamma Guthrie (Lucinda?) is such a mutant-baby-factory. (Is 'dead husband' actually a mental construct left in her mind by a certain Dr. Nathaniel Essex with a turkey baster?)

In other points of interest, lol, I'm laughing because I can't help but notice the one member of the Alliance of Evil you left out was Timeshadow, the mutant with the Jamie Madrox-esque ability to generate dupes....but in his case, they're all just versions of himself pulled from different points in his personal timeline. I seem to recall your exasperation with how many random time-manipulating mutants there are, so I wonder if that was deliberate or if you just repressed his existence. Heh.
    Eh. Flashback (from Gamma Flight, who has two 'temporal anomaly' mutant kids, as well) with a terrible moustache. Emminently forgettable.

I do think it's interesting that there are so many time-manipulating ladies, Tempus, Tempo, Kiden Nixon, Lacuna, Sway, Timeshadow, etc. who can do all sorts of temporal manipulation shenanigans, slow time, stop time, speed up time, time travel, etc., but the mutant dudes with time-powers; Velocidad, Flashback and Timeshadow, have very specific 'stunts' like 'faux super-speedster' and 'faux duplicator.'

But also, you responding here reminds me I forgot an Academy X kid....Callie Beto aka Dryad is a plant-manipulating mutant whose father is a mutant with the same powers, and who worked as a famous landscaper using his powers, pre M-Day.
    I am definitely interested in meeting Giancarlo Beto, and seeing Callie again! Black Tom has been retconned into a plant controller (and has indeed been kinda fun), despite there already being *actual* plant-controlling mutants!

And Tom, Sean and Theresa manage to combine both unique mutants and 'mutant bloodlines' in the same family, since Tom and Sean's powers are nothing alike, and Sean and Terry are pretty much the same.

I wouldn't mind seeing one of the mutants brought back by Fitzroy coming back, for that matter. Either by resurrection queue, or it be discovered that one 'got away' from Bishop, back in the day, perhaps by quantum-entangling on the way through the portal with the life-energies of the slain Hellions and 'reading' as one of them (or even a composite, like Mimic!) for a time.

Fantastic Member

based on this scoop, Summers are related to Gambit, Gambit are now brother in law of Kurt, who is the half brother of Rogue.
    The X-men are family phrases are literally true .

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I don't know if they appeared in any art together, but their Future selves mention each other in their card lore. They wear matching suits, made by Beast, that channel their powers, and they work as a two-person tactical strike team.

Thanks! This is a really cool AU.

https://xmen-battle-of-the-atom-mobi...i/Future_X-Men

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin King View Post
    I love all the knowledge that you are laying down here, but especially the recognition of Anne Marie Cortez, who still hasn't shown up on Krakoa, as far as I know, despite being a long-dead mutant. You'd think she would have figured into Fabian's redemption arc (which I think is probably unfinished, no way he's just "good" now after one breakdown and admission of guilt) or at least shown up in flashbacks.
    Yeah, we haven't really seen any Acolytes on Krakoa (aside from the one message from Xavier to mutants worldwide, which showed Acolytes considering it). I mean there's Exodus, obviously, but aside from him I think the only Acolyte to appear in more than a background scene has been Amelia Voght?

Frankly, I'm most surprised that we never got a Chrome resurrection scene or even mention of that. I think Magneto would have made a point to resurrect him early on in recognition of the fact that he literally wouldn't be here if Chrome hadn't sacrificed his life saving Magneto after Cortez's betrayal. It was kinda a significant moment in mutant history or whatever. (LOL ironically, the other big absence for me was another transmutation power - Alchemy, who died getting rid of one of the Terrigen clouds. Stop sleeping on the mutant alchemists, Krakoans! Mutants wouldn't be here without them!)

Wolverine once met Peter Parker's parents(while agents of SHIELD) on a mission and helped them escape Hydra. He also met Ben Grimm(during his air force days) before he became the Thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Wolverine once met Peter Parker's parents(while agents of SHIELD) on a mission and helped them escape Hydra. He also met Ben Grimm(during his air force days) before he became the Thing.
    They have a book particularly based on that team up
    Logan already met Sinister when he was just a kid

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    So Imma post this one before he does:

(Avengers X-Sanction#4)

As far as I'm aware, no, Spidey was still in college back when Dark Phoenix was still going on, more or less.

Anyways, while it doesn't show up much, Spidey has a friendly relationship with Beast:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...48/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...70/unknown.png

(Spectacular Spider-Man#199)

And he even went to talk with him in case a possible child of his ended up being a mutant, keep in mind that in situations like these he's more likely to go talk with Reed, so I find it interesting he decided to go talk with Beast instead:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...54/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...32/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...54/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...04/unknown.png

(Spider-Man#15)

And then there's the time Spidey had a conversation with Beast about existence of gods and ****:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...30/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...98/unknown.png

(ASM#1.3 vol 4).

Knowing this makes Spider-Man & the X-Men a bigger nuisance to read, 'cause Beast is a jerk to him when he gets to the school for no reason, but then again, too many other characters are jerks...
    Hit the red button...... which is yellow. LOL

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Yeah, we haven't really seen any Acolytes on Krakoa (aside from the one message from Xavier to mutants worldwide, which showed Acolytes considering it). I mean there's Exodus, obviously, but aside from him I think the only Acolyte to appear in more than a background scene has been Amelia Voght?
    Frenzy, but she's actually a pre-existing character who became an Acolyte, like Colossus.

I'd definitely like to see more of my favorite Acolytes; Unuscione, Scanner, Chrome, Gargouille, Projecteur, Milan, etc.

Then again, if I never see Mellencamp or the Kleinstocks again, my heart would go on.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Frenzy, but she's actually a pre-existing character who became an Acolyte, like Colossus.

I'd definitely like to see more of my favorite Acolytes; Unuscione, Scanner, Chrome, Gargouille, Projecteur, Milan, etc.

Then again, if I never see Mellencamp or the Kleinstocks again, my heart would go on.
    Yeah, I love X-Men Red, don't get me wrong, but the ONLY downside to it is that we're getting it instead of a continued S.W.O.R.D., and the focus on the Arakkii politics means the previous focus on S.W.O.R.D. personnel has gone bye-bye. Like if we only can have one, I am glad its XMR, but I just wish we could have both, and if the SWORD book HAD lasted longer, I think we might have gotten Scanner, Milan and maybe even Chrome working for SWORD - I think all of them would be great fits there. Oh well. I'm just gonna assume Milan works in the Red/Technical division, Scanner in the Violet/Analysis, Chrome maybe in Yellow/Medical and Energy Resources. *rubber stamps new headcanon*

Also, half the reason I want the Corbo brother plotline picked up is I want Jared and Carmella to be introduced to each other as half-siblings, and each of them feel threatened by the fear the other's a bigger ******* than they are. "Nuh-uh, if ANYONE'S gonna be the biggest ******* in this family, its gonna be ME." - both Unus' kids, probably.

(LOL and add Senyaka and Spoor to the list of Acolytes I'm fine with never seeing again. I wouldn't mind more of Katu though. One of only a handful of Inuit characters, and refreshingly his power wasn't based on some stereotype).

Illyana worked alongside Ms.Marvel, Quake, Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur, and a couple of Inhumans. [shrug]