Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Yeah, I love X-Men Red, don't get me wrong, but the ONLY downside to it is that we're getting it instead of a continued S.W.O.R.D., and the focus on the Arakkii politics means the previous focus on S.W.O.R.D. personnel has gone bye-bye. Like if we only can have one, I am glad its XMR, but I just wish we could have both, and if the SWORD book HAD lasted longer, I think we might have gotten Scanner, Milan and maybe even Chrome working for SWORD - I think all of them would be great fits there. Oh well. I'm just gonna assume Milan works in the Red/Technical division, Scanner in the Violet/Analysis, Chrome maybe in Yellow/Medical and Energy Resources. *rubber stamps new headcanon*
    I'd be there for it! It vaguely bugs me when they keep re-inventing the wheel. Network. Suzi Endo. Milan. Trinary. It's one thing to have thirty-something telepaths, so long as they are all getting some play in different books, but if there's not even a stable position for *one* technokinetic (or time manipulator, or force field chicklet), do we really need *four* of them?

Also, half the reason I want the Corbo brother plotline picked up is I want Jared and Carmella to be introduced to each other as half-siblings, and each of them feel threatened by the fear the other's a bigger ******* than they are. "Nuh-uh, if ANYONE'S gonna be the biggest ******* in this family, its gonna be ME." - both Unus' kids, probably.
    I never got to read the Alpha Flight run with the Corbo brothers, but would love any sort of Unuscione or Unus based side-story!

(LOL and add Senyaka and Spoor to the list of Acolytes I'm fine with never seeing again. I wouldn't mind more of Katu though. One of only a handful of Inuit characters, and refreshingly his power wasn't based on some stereotype).
    Senyaka seems like an Omega Red wannabe, and Spoor just belongs in X-Statix. Add Vindaloo to the least of dire, dire Acolytes.

And yeah, Katu is at least less of a cliche than Harpoon. (Hey, the OG Marauders had *two* Native Americans! And they were both... unfortunate.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'd be there for it! It vaguely bugs me when they keep re-inventing the wheel. Network. Suzi Endo. Milan. Trinary. It's one thing to have thirty-something telepaths, so long as they are all getting some play in different books, but if there's not even a stable position for *one* technokinetic (or time manipulator, or force field chicklet), do we really need *four* of them?
    Well I gotta disagree with you on technokinetics, because of the paradigm shift with mutant technology now including gestalts of mutant powers as well as just control of machinery. Tbh, technokinetics should be used a LOT more widely in the books than they are right now, given their usefulness in mutant society just took an insanely big leap. They can effectively merge any group of mutants' powers into a usable circuit by tweaking the way those powers interact, much like how Hope herself synergizes The Five's powers. Like, Taki in S.W.O.R.D. was able to use his technokinesis to merge six different teleporters' powers to act as a single fuel-base for one teleportation gateway....even though NONE of the individual teleporters have any kind of natural ability to boost another teleporter's jumps.

If ever there was a time to make technopathic/technokinetic mutant characters more popular or better known, it should be now, and yet all we've got is Taki and then Trinary making a few appearances here and there.

Also lol at the idea that there's only four technopathic mutants.

You think there are a lot of time-manipulating mutants running around? Hoo boy, technopathic/kinetic mutants have them lapped. Like yeah, there's Wiz Kid, Trinary, Network and Milan....but there's also Tin Man, Madison Jeffries, MeMe, Ziggy Karst, the Reanimator, Key, Broadband, Vesper, Overrider, Paradigm, Zero, Post, Evangelina Rivera, Teleplex, Hexadecimal, Hijack, Black Box, Doctor Goodwrench, Nathan Beame, there's a Wakandan mutant named Xabbu Sulaweyo.....probably a good ten more or so I'm forgetting off the top of my head, lmao. There's a LOT of technopaths available to use.

We have multiple strongmen, flyers and energy manipulators. Four technopaths doesn't seem so bad and I'm pretty sure Endo isn't an X-men character.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Hah, didn't know this one.

Anyways, Hulk once fucked Selene:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...64/unknown.png

(Marvel Comics Presents#78).

Kinda makes the fact he got raped by Umar and later was briefly on her bootycall funnier somehow lol.
    Yeah, only one of Banner's run-ins with Umar was forced.... really not sure how many there have been.... also.. not sure if Umar could have a gamma-baby. But we know she can and HAS given birth to children fathered by human-like races. (Dr. Strange's wife Clea... is Umar's daughter.)
    Last edited by marhawkman; 06-29-2022 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, only one of Banner's run-ins with Umar was forced.... really not sure how many there have been
    I did a brief research on that and it seems it's only those two (Which ain't difficult to check out, as of now, she has less than half of the appearances Selene has, who herself only has 110 appearances), after Defenders, she only showed up a few times in a glorified cameos in a Captain Britain comic, then showed up again in a Hulk comic which's where they have sex, after that she was in limbo for 10 years until Death of Doctor Strange.

.... also.. not sure if Umar could have a gamma-baby. But we know she can and HAS given birth to children fathered by human-like races. (Dr. Strange's wife Clea... is Umar's daughter.)
    Honestly, if writers wanted they could say she can, even saw someone making a comment once the kid could have "gammagic", which may or may not have been a joke.

So yeah, it could happen, Hulk is no stranger to having bastard children, he has at least three of those, at most five, what's one more? Specially one with such an infamous situation lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Well I gotta disagree with you on technokinetics, because of the paradigm shift with mutant technology now including gestalts of mutant powers as well as just control of machinery. Tbh, technokinetics should be used a LOT more widely in the books than they are right now, given their usefulness in mutant society just took an insanely big leap. They can effectively merge any group of mutants' powers into a usable circuit by tweaking the way those powers interact, much like how Hope herself synergizes The Five's powers. Like, Taki in S.W.O.R.D. was able to use his technokinesis to merge six different teleporters' powers to act as a single fuel-base for one teleportation gateway....even though NONE of the individual teleporters have any kind of natural ability to boost another teleporter's jumps.

If ever there was a time to make technopathic/technokinetic mutant characters more popular or better known, it should be now, and yet all we've got is Taki and then Trinary making a few appearances here and there.

Also lol at the idea that there's only four technopathic mutants.

You think there are a lot of time-manipulating mutants running around? Hoo boy, technopathic/kinetic mutants have them lapped. Like yeah, there's Wiz Kid, Trinary, Network and Milan....but there's also Tin Man, Madison Jeffries, MeMe, Ziggy Karst, the Reanimator, Key, Broadband, Vesper, Overrider, Paradigm, Zero, Post, Evangelina Rivera, Teleplex, Hexadecimal, Hijack, Black Box, Doctor Goodwrench, Nathan Beame, there's a Wakandan mutant named Xabbu Sulaweyo.....probably a good ten more or so I'm forgetting off the top of my head, lmao. There's a LOT of technopaths available to use.
    That actually leads into a pet peeve of mine. Characters with very different powersets being soft-retconned into something else. Madison and Taki, for instance, were more 'technomorphs,' reshaping machinery into different shapes (and even then, there were differences in their powersets), *not* technokinetics/machine *controllers* like Trinary, Milan or Network.

But, just as Black Tom is now a generic a plant-controller (like Dryad or Klara Plast), when his power originally just involved using wood to channel a force blast, or Rictor's or Avalanche's or Moses Magnum's vibratory powers have been replaced by geokinesis (like Magma), they've been shorthanded into one box.

What's the point of having *any* number of a powerset, if not even *one* of them can appear even in the background?

BANNED

Actually, based on the timeline, John Howlett Jr is only the HALF-brother of James Logan/Wolverine, on his mother’s side, as its most unlikely that he is also another son of Thomas Logan , and is thus instead the true son of John Howlett Sr .

But Thomas Logan is possibly the illegitimate son of Old Man Howlett! After all, why else would TL be so respectful bordering on fearful of OMH , and why would stereotypical curmudgeon OMH have even bothered to keep him around as family gardener, despite him committing adultery with OMH’s daughter-in-law Elizabeth Hudson, making his son JHS a cuckold?! Furthermore, why would OMH even also still care about the fates of both Dog Logan and James Logan if they were not really blood-related at all to him?! If this theory is true, then TL and JHS are half-brothers , so their sons DL and JL are also cousins , as well as also half-brothers to each other, like their fathers were to each other. Maybe Logan is their original family name and they changed it to Howlett when they moved from England (re:Faulkbern Logan) to Canada, since TL told JL in Hell that the Logan family name is cursed because all Logans were shameless and shameful LOL

* and what if The Native , Wolverine’s ex and baby-momma (murdered while still pregnant wirh their their kid, by Sabretooth) who is basically an adult version of Laura/Gabby, is actually Wolverine’s cousin on his mother EH’s side, since JL’s half-brother-from-EH, JHJ/WG, said that they inherited their self-healing from her, and Wolverine inherited only the berzerker-rage from his father TL, since his half-brother-from-TL, DL, also has berzerker rages, but no self-healing

Also , what if the Living Diamond Jack Winters is Winston Frost’s brother , either older or younger , full-blood or half-blood , but was hidden away as the Black Sheep of their family , which explains why JW has an identical powerset and similar name to WF’s daughter Emma Frost ?!
    Last edited by EldonMaguan; 06-30-2022 at 08:16 AM.

That actually leads into a pet peeve of mine. Characters with very different powersets being soft-retconned into something else. Madison and Taki, for instance, were more 'technomorphs,' reshaping machinery into different shapes (and even then, there were differences in their powersets), *not* technokinetics/machine *controllers* like Trinary, Milan or Network.

But, just as Black Tom is now a generic a plant-controller (like Dryad or Klara Plast), when his power originally just involved using wood to channel a force blast, or Rictor's or Avalanche's or Moses Magnum's vibratory powers have been replaced by geokinesis (like Magma), they've been shorthanded into one box.

What's the point of having *any* number of a powerset, if not even *one* of them can appear even in the background?
    Yeah, true. "similar" powers often get written as a generic idea of a power instead of a specific variant by later writers a LOT. Sometimes to the point that it's functionally a different power. Like Karma and Chamber.... they technically have telepathy in their original incarnations... but can't do with it most of what your standard telepath can.

Here's a big one, and potential spoilers for LoX and Red.

According to Ewing on a recent Cerebro podcast (2:29:30 or so), Zsen is the Fisher King's daughter.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Mimic may have hooked up with Captain U.K.

After the disrupted bachelor and bachelorette parties for Brian Braddock and Meggan, Captain U.K. made a pass at Mimic asking him if he fancied a go at a "mutual full monty" upstairs. Mimic was a bit surprised at how forward she was...but didn't say no. The next issue was the wedding as well as the series finale, and there was no interaction between Mimic and Linda in that issue so it is technically unconfirmed if they hooked up--but it seems likely.

I was always a bit surprised by that, since I thought Linda was married.

Astonishing Member

Iceman and Lev. Can people with amnesia stay in the closet?

[img]https://***********/www.therobsalerno.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/IMG-3727.jpg[/img]

Amazing Member

Laura Kinney’s mother, Sarah Kinney, was an award winning mutant geneticist around the time Moira would’ve been active in the field. They probably knew each other, if only professionally. This will never be expanded upon.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Iceman and Lev. Can people with amnesia stay in the closet?

[img]https://***********/www.therobsalerno.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/IMG-3727.jpg[/img]
    Link got borked. But you could try uploading the image to Imgur, since CBR doesn't auto-censor Imgur links.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Laura Kinney’s mother, Sarah Kinney, was an award winning mutant geneticist around the time Moira would’ve been active in the field. They probably knew each other, if only professionally. This will never be expanded upon.
    Given the direction Moira's character has taken it's probably for the best.