Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Previewsworld is indeed listing Cassara for September's X-Men 15 instead of the previously announced C.F. Villa: https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUL220831

I also really liked Villa's art when he filled in for Larraz, and realistically Cassara won't be drawing 12 issues a year, so I assume Villa will still be in the mix.
    Ugh! I see his talent and style but it will be jarring coming after Larraz and Villa. Hopefully he's just the fill-in artist for that one issue.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Ugh! I see his talent and style but it will be jarring coming after Larraz and Villa. Hopefully he's just the fill-in artist for that one issue.
    agreed. Villa and Pina were great stand-ins for Pepe when he wasn't the artist. Their styles are within the same realm as what Pepe does. Cassara's style is so far from what they do and I don't think it fits with the book. I also hope he's just doing the 1 issue

I’d love to have him on X-men Red rotating with Caselli. Cassara draws bulky, muscular and hairy characters well (Logan, Beast) so would love to see him take on Cable. Thunderbird too, though he’s not particularly hairy. He is jacked.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Hopefully to Marauders.
    Hell naw, he should be on IXM next

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’d love to have him on X-men Red rotating with Caselli. Cassara draws bulky, muscular and hairy characters well (Logan, Beast) so would love to see him take on Cable. Thunderbird too, though he’s not particularly hairy. He is jacked.
    But his women aren't all that great, imo...his figure-work overall is a little "wonky" but it is undeniably memorable.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelfan1992 View Post
    agreed. Villa and Pina were great stand-ins for Pepe when he wasn't the artist. Their styles are within the same realm as what Pepe does. Cassara's style is so far from what they do and I don't think it fits with the book. I also hope he's just doing the 1 issue
    Absolutely ,I just don't see Cassara fitting the X-Men book as a regular artist.. intermittent sure ,but not the main. That would be like Clayton Crain going from illustrating X-Force to doing a proper 'X-Men' run. Some styles are a bit too niche imo.

I think the X-men book will get darker with the story of the Children of the Vault coming up and the Gameworld nonsense concluding. Bachalo did a perfect job creating these characters and I think Cassara might be great for it, considering his style.

Duggan has the ability to write for the strengths of his artists, so I'm confident the book will shine under Cassara's pencils.

I'm thinking of the CotV as recently illustrated by Yu and then I'm picturing them under Cassara's style...not seeing it or feeling it...but maybe he'll surprise me.

Astonishing Member

I'm thinking of the CotV as recently illustrated by Yu and then I'm picturing them under Cassara's style...not seeing it or feeling it...but maybe he'll surprise me.
    I agree, and CoV being my fave X-Men villains has me a little apprehensive, but to his credit Cassara can draw 'weird',alien and gory well..so it's a plus. I wish Pepe could have done a CoV issue...I actually think a good regular artist for X-Men would be Carmen Carnero, she's pretty good imo.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

Agreed!

10charatreyyasfiuasoif

But his women aren't all that great, imo...his figure-work overall is a little "wonky" but it is undeniably memorable.
    True. I think he works best for gritty books like X-Force and Wolverine, hence why the characters in Red that I’d most like to see him draw are the gritty ones (Cable and Thunderbird).
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelfan1992 View Post
    I really hope it's only for 1 issue. His art doesn't fit a "superhero" book like X-Men. it's better for gritty books like X-Force or Wolverine
    I completely disagree. Cassara has a great style that will translate well. You'll have to for an opinion when issue 15 drops

But where is it confirmed that Cassara is officially taking over the art duties on X-Men?
    Mutant and Proud!

Mighty Member

Joshua Cassara is fantastic but I hope that Pepe Larraz goes to Marauders instead. The art there is horrible.

Duggan on Kierons podcast also stated that X-men Year 2 will have many guest artists
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer