Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Duggan on Kierons podcast also stated that X-men Year 2 will have many guest artists
    LOL I mean the difference between guest artist and regular artist is like a couple of issues these days unless they're Bryan Hitch or Salvador Larroca. But the general level in the X-office is pretty high anyway so I'm not terribly concerned.

Javier Pina and C.F. Villa were seamless with Pepe Larraz. It was one of the most visually consistent multi-artist runs I can remember. If those two were kept as co-main artists and alternated on 3-4 issue arcs? Perfection.

I really hope the mention of 'lots of guest artists' means that each artist will be illustrating a story for which their style fits.

Joshua Cassara is a good artist but I also hope he's just doing an issue or an arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Fantastic Member victor borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Hopefully to Marauders.
    we can only hope. Currently Marauders is horrific... mostly from the art, but the storyline is also less than interesting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’d love to have him on X-men Red rotating with Caselli. Cassara draws bulky, muscular and hairy characters well (Logan, Beast) so would love to see him take on Cable. Thunderbird too, though he’s not particularly hairy. He is jacked.
    Marvel doesn't want to invest in X-Force. Let alone blaming it all on Percy.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    As the new X-Men series artist? He's already in the x-stable. Where's Pepe Larraz going to go?
    Pepe is taking paternity leave.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Thank the Celestials. I was scared he'd been foolishly moved to some other book.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    This makes me smile. I'm glad he gets to do that. ^_^ Way to go marvel.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

booooooooom.. confirmation today!

josh posted on twitter also https://twitter.com/joshuacassara/st...cXQNwBXpOQ9_kQ

Nice. Look forward to finding out the new team and seeing some of Cassara’s preview art on the book.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    booooooooom.. confirmation today!

josh posted on twitter also https://twitter.com/joshuacassara/st...cXQNwBXpOQ9_kQ
    So excited about this. Can't wait to see his take on the new X-Men team and the Children of the Vault. Cassara's art of X-Force was drop-dead gorgeous from the start but I felt like he took another leap towards the end, on his X of Swords issue and then on X Lives of Wolverine, bringing his art to new heights. I feel very lucky to have him onboard along with the also excellent Villa.

The X of Swords issues he did with Logan versus first Summoner and then War, with the drinking contest with Storm and her fight against Death, were just sheer badassery.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This makes me smile. I'm glad he gets to do that. ^_^ Way to go marvel.
    He lives in Spain, isn't Marvel legally obligated to pay him paternity leave?

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    He lives in Spain, isn't Marvel legally obligated to pay him paternity leave?
    Artists aren't Marvel employees, they're freelancers, even if Larraz is exclusive as I believe he is, I doubt he gets paid parental leave.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Artists aren't Marvel employees, they're freelancers, even if Larraz is exclusive as I believe he is, I doubt he gets paid parental leave.
    Well they should definitely have him on a payroll, he is the most talented artist they have right now.