Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Matt the Manly View Post
    When has post crisis Superman "punched " out a moon?
    Anyway the guy destroyed an earth in the phantom zone in For Tomorrow although it could be argued that it was him throwing Zod through the planet that finally ended it and not him going " with each punch my skin splits as does the earth beneath us" or something along those lines and even then the planet took a looong time to explode although in the end there are only rocks floating about in space
    That was happening because the two of them were in some bizarre way linked directly to the world, to the point of Zod "being part of its fabric" by Superman's own description of the events, that's not a clean feat of anything, demonstrating anything.

Its still a fan calculation. Which doesn't make it all that reliable
    It does when there is nothing that refutes it. And that is literally how it works, it has 10x earths gravity, it is really small, it would have to be super dense. It has been brought up on several occasions on this board and the majority agree on it's showing.
    Last edited by Cody; 09-01-2014 at 10:14 AM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Thats because the two of them were in some bizarre way linked directly to the world, to the point of Zod "being part of its fabric" by Superman's own description of the events, that's not a clean feat of anything, demonstrating anything.
    What? Where was that stated? And Superman was Not even on the planet for at least a year without it exploding. Its narrative hyperbole at best considering Zod did not have to die for the planet to explode. Or vice versa, the planet exploding didn't cause Zod to die. Not to mention the planet existed before Zod arrived on it. He was offended at how" his world" had been transformed, his world being a strange term for his prison of which he occupied but a small part. He was literally shown floating about in endless space when he saw the planet
    Last edited by Matt the Manly; 09-01-2014 at 11:21 AM.

Huh, when I saw this in the morning it had like two post in it. How surprising.

Anyway, Post Crisis Superman can ram himself into the moon and blow it up. Doing this hurts him.

Goku can hurt a guy who can explode planets by ramming himself into them and come out of it unharmed.

Pure striking power is his.

Now, Superman can likely lift something heavier because DB strength is oriented for striking.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Huh, when I saw this in the morning it had like two post in it. How surprising.

Anyway, Post Crisis Superman can ram himself into the moon and blow it up. Doing this hurts him.

Goku can hurt a guy who can explode planets by ramming himself into them and come out of it unharmed.

Pure striking power is his.

Now, Superman can likely lift something heavier because DB strength is oriented for striking.
    He only hurt himself in the first scan I showed. The second he was fine. Besides, in DC; striking strength=lifting strength in most cases. Superman teamed up with Lantern to move the Earth. The moon doesn't even weigh as much as 1/100th of the Earths weight. So even moving it a little, with just one other person with him shows he can probably dish out moon busting hits. That would be his limit though.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Anyway, Post Crisis Superman can ram himself into the moon moving at nearly a tenth of the speed of light which was specifically noted as something that would have busted the planet on impact and had people like Zatanna shaking her head and going " cant do anything about it" and has at other times flown through moons not moving at those speeds without getting KOd . Doing this hurts him.
    Fixed that for you

BANNED

On pure strength feats, post crisis Supes is superior to end of series Goku. The Nu version obviously is far above that since you are talking about planet moving at the very least.

Doesn't really change as much as you'd think.

Edit: Not directed at you Surtur.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    On pure strength feats, post crisis Supes is superior to end of series Goku. The Nu version obviously is far above that since you are talking about planet moving at the very least.
    On pure strength feats do you mean in terms of lifting or striking power? Since for the latter, his striking power is outclassed by SSJ2 "I casually shatter guys who have planet durability" Kid Gohan. And before you mention it; The Cell Juniors have the cells of every one the heroes have faced in Z, including Frieza who, despite being sliced into 3 pieces, beaten, and blown up by Goku, managed to shrug off Namek exploding while he was on it. The sheer shock wave of a planet blowing up is kinetic force, not energy, meaning he shrugged off the kinetic force of a planet dying, despite being weakened and wounded, and the Cell juniors would have his durability due to having his cells. Them having a greater pool of ki just means they could enhance their durability further.

All that Means he has nothing on ssj2-3 level of beings. In terms of striking power I mean.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Fixed that for you
    In this case, Clark flew at it at almost light speed and hit it worth enough force to shatter the Luna-sized moon but KO'd himself in the process, while the other moons that I can think of him charging were of unspecified size (other than "small") and he drilled through them rather than making them explode, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    In this case, Clark flew at it at almost light speed and hit it worth enough force to shatter the Luna-sized moon but KO'd himself in the process, while the other moons that I can think of him charging were of unspecified size (other than "small") and he drilled through them rather than making them explode, IIRC.
    Yeah the point I was making was he doesn't get KOd by the effort to destroy a moon alone. He got KOd by what was at the very least, planet busting force

What? Where was that stated? And Superman was Not even on the planet for at least a year without it exploding. Its narrative hyperbole at best considering Zod did not have to die for the planet to explode. Or vice versa, the planet exploding didn't cause Zod to die. Not to mention the planet existed before Zod arrived on it. He was offended at how" his world" had been transformed, his world being a strange term for his prison of which he occupied but a small part. He was literally shown floating about in endless space when he saw the planet
    http://postimg.org/image/50j8mm0yl/

Superman, talking about them being linked to the world. Them being linked to a think and thus them fighting being some weird metaphysical damaging thing to it is not them blowing up a planet as sidescatter of fighting each other.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    On pure strength feats do you mean in terms of lifting or striking power? Since for the latter, his striking power is outclassed by SSJ2 "I casually shatter guys who have planet durability" Kid Gohan. And before you mention it; The Cell Juniors have the cells of every one the heroes have faced in Z, including Frieza who, despite being sliced into 3 pieces, beaten, and blown up by Goku, managed to shrug off Namek exploding while he was on it. The sheer shock wave of a planet blowing up is kinetic force, not energy, meaning he shrugged off the kinetic force of a planet dying, despite being weakened and wounded, and the Cell juniors would have his durability due to having his cells. Them having a greater pool of ki just means they could enhance their durability further.

All that Means he has nothing on ssj2-3 level of beings. In terms of striking power I mean.
    I was talking about feats that are not of a "one person punches the other" nature yes. As for striking power, I will more or less break it down like this: I do not see end of series Goku being able to punch and hurt someone..that Superman would be unable to punch and hurt. Basically I'm saying if someone is feeling a hit from Goku, they will feel a hit from Supes as well. Goku is totally awesome and has mad skill when it comes to causing huge explosions, he wins there. When it comes to pure strength, Supes should be able to physically hurt anyone SSJ3 Goku can.
    Last edited by Surtur; 09-01-2014 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    As for striking power, I will more or less break it down like this: I do not see end of series Goku being able to punch and hurt someone..that Superman would be unable to punch and hurt. Basically I'm saying if someone is feeling a hit from Goku, they will feel a hit from Supes as well. Goku is totally awesome and has mad skill when it comes to causing huge explosions, he wins there. When it comes to pure strength, Supes should be able to physically hurt anyone SSJ3 Goku can.
    Nu Superman can sure(maybe not Bills but that's something else all together). Post Crisis Superman, at his max, can shatter a moon. Guys who have above planetary durability aren't going to be hurt much by his punches like they would be from a ssj2. SP Cell and a SSJ2 for example probably would barely feel Post-Crisis Supermans punches and that's if they feel it at all.

A being who can shrug off a punch from Post Crisis Superman has a good chance of being hurt from a punch by a ssj2+.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Yeah the point I was making was he doesn't get KOd by the effort to destroy a moon alone. He got KOd by what was at the very least, planet busting force
    Not really.

The moon would destroy the Earth if it fell on it meteor style.

Superman just needs to be tougher than the moon to destroy it since he is really not taking the full impact of the moon on account of being significantly smaller.