Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I wish they would have kept Jimenez’s version of Angle Man. He was a fantastic take on the character and his attraction to Donna complicated things.

Like so many Wonder characters, Achilles and Myssa went missing after their creator’s run was over.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    This was a great subplot with a fantastic possibility for changing the status quoÂ… I was preparing myself to Aphrodite owning everyone at some point.

DidnÂ’t Rucka start a plot point about the military being concerned about the Amazons too? I think I remember a scene in the book with the Air Force and/or Navy? I want to say this ended up morphing into Amazons Attack, but I donÂ’t know if thatÂ’s true.

Regardless, I think that event would have been in better hands with Rucka doing the set up in WONDER WOMAN and then plotting the crossover. WeÂ’d have gotten more nuance and Amazons acting like the Amazons instead of what we got.
    There was a thing in Eyes of the Gorgon where the Navy stationed a bunch of ships around Themyscira because the island moved really close to the US after Hera nearly destroyed it. I heard an interview where Rucka explained that he did have plans for the military to attack the Amazons, but I don't think the two things were connected - it sounds like he was going to stage it after the Max Lord snap, and the root of the conflict was supposed to be Diana turning herself in to the US government and getting the death sentence.

Frankly it sounds a lot better than Amazons Attack but I still think it was sort of a dumb premise. Diana getting the death sentence for killing Max Lord is (a) kinda silly/melodramatic, (b) really out of character for Superman (I get why Diana didn't want people to know the truth, but there's no way he'd hear that she got the death sentence and still refuse to explain what happened), and (c) logistically senseless (she could choose not to escape custody, but how would the government even kill her?). But it seems like Rucka was just trying to make things interesting after the OMAC/Max Lord nonsense forced him to abandon everything he was setting up.

That said, I did like his idea to have the Amazons immediately drive the invading forces to surrender. The realistic consequence of dealing with a bunch of millennia-old super-powered warrior women with invisible planes and magic weapons...

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    There was a thing in Eyes of the Gorgon where the Navy stationed a bunch of ships around Themyscira because the island moved really close to the US after Hera nearly destroyed it. I heard an interview where Rucka explained that he did have plans for the military to attack the Amazons, but I don't think the two things were connected - it sounds like he was going to stage it after the Max Lord snap, and the root of the conflict was supposed to be Diana turning herself in to the US government and getting the death sentence.

Frankly it sounds a lot better than Amazons Attack but I still think it was sort of a dumb premise. Diana getting the death sentence for killing Max Lord is (a) kinda silly/melodramatic, (b) really out of character for Superman (I get why Diana didn't want people to know the truth, but there's no way he'd hear that she got the death sentence and still refuse to explain what happened), and (c) logistically senseless (she could choose not to escape custody, but how would the government even kill her?). But it seems like Rucka was just trying to make things interesting after the OMAC/Max Lord nonsense forced him to abandon everything he was setting up.

That said, I did like his idea to have the Amazons immediately drive the invading forces to surrender. The realistic consequence of dealing with a bunch of millennia-old super-powered warrior women with invisible planes and magic weapons...
    The best part of that pitch was Rucka describing Batman going Mission: Impossible to break in to where Diana's being held only to be told by Diana when he arrives she's voluntarily staying.

I know no one else cares because everyone hated Robinson's run, but in it Dr. Psycho basically created the Silver Swan and Diana still doesn't know about it. There are also Amazons transformed into parademons by Darkseid and nobody is trying to rescue them or turn them back. What exactly is Diana doing with the money and property willed to her by Hercules?

Speaking of property, was the circular beach house in Virginia that Steve bought for Diana sold when they broke up and she moved to the duplex in Boston? Why did she move from Boston to D.C. so quickly? She was only there a few issues before moving to her new apartment at the start of Mariko Tamaki's run.

I'd like to know what's going on with the three creatures of myth that fell from Themyscira in Wilson's run. Did they ever make it home and is Maggie with them? Though she's far from a fan favorite I'd like her to remain one of the known Amazons for the sake of continuity but we've been back to the island several times with no mention of her.

Writers can't keep creating and discarding supporting characters, there are far too many is limbo as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post

Ahhhh… thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The best part of that pitch was Rucka describing Batman going Mission: Impossible to break in to where Diana's being held only to be told by Diana when he arrives she's voluntarily staying.
    We do deserve more Diana and Bruce stories and team ups.

Well, if goes like this than maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Well, if goes like this than maybe...

We’ve been there and done that already.

Hmmm Maybe have Bruce meet Deva?