Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Abandoned Plot/Forgotten Plot Threads

Inspired by a similar thread on the Superman forums.

What are the abandoned and forgotten plot threads you would like to see revisited?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Circe's daughter Lyta Milton.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-01-2022 at 08:14 AM.

From Rucka's run, the younger generation of Olympians (Athena, Ares, and Aphrodite) replacing the older ones (Zeus, Hades, and Poseidon). Run ended with Poseidon still on the loose after Hades and Zeus were overthrown so I figured he was setting up something for Aphrodite to take over.

There was an interview where Greg Rucka mentioned that he was building up to introducing the Bana-Mighdall in his Rebirth run and was never able to get to it. Barbara's whole quest to find the Amazons was actually leading her to them, and the tomb she found that said "here lies the [x]th queen of the Amazons" belonged to a Bana queen. Unfortunately that whole scene kinda doesn't make sense without that context.

He also mentioned wanting to eventually go back to the book and continue that story, but the lore has evolved way past the point where he could introduce them so it's kinda lost now (though the thought of another Rucka run does make my heart sing...).

The problem with evolving story does make it kinda impossible for alot of plotlines to ever return. Despite that though there are a number of stories id love to see continued.

Maggies arc from G. Willow Wilsons run establishing her being chosen by Antiopes magic sword and training to become an Amazon.
    Wonder Woman taking Star-Blossom as her sidekick and showing her the ropes from Simones one shots.
    That relationship between Donna Troy and Angle man from the Jiminez era.
    A continuation of the story hinted at in Seeleys Steve Trevor one shot with Saturna.
    Actually doing something with Mayfly after that story establishing her having reformed and served time for her crimes.
    That spy trying to romance Etta plot from way back in Conways run.
    Or heck, go all the way back to the Hummel era and explore that mentioned but never expanded upon plot hook about planet Neptune having enslaved a whole other planet named Femina and turned it into one of their moons.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    There was an interview where Greg Rucka mentioned that he was building up to introducing the Bana-Mighdall in his Rebirth run and was never able to get to it. Barbara's whole quest to find the Amazons was actually leading her to them, and the tomb she found that said "here lies the [x]th queen of the Amazons" belonged to a Bana queen. Unfortunately that whole scene kinda doesn't make sense without that context.

He also mentioned wanting to eventually go back to the book and continue that story, but the lore has evolved way past the point where he could introduce them so it's kinda lost now (though the thought of another Rucka run does make my heart sing...).
    Ahhhhh so THAT is what he was doing there, that did confuse me because Hippolyta is immortal so how can she have “succeeded” someone as queen? Thanks for that info.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Yeah, I was wondering what that was about. I thought maybe he had a whole new backstory planned for Themysicra and it got scrapped because DC still wanted Daddy Zeus. The Bana makes way more sense.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Hippolyta was described by him as the 10th queen of the Amazons, so I assumed that he may have intended Antiope to splinter off from the group like she did in the Perez run. So she'd be the 11th queen of the group that split, and Lyssipe was her daughter/successor like Phthia was in the in the Perez run.

Yeah, in my read through last year I realized he was setting up the Bana since he had Barbara heading in the direction of Egypt (the Bana's stomping grounds). I think he even had one character namedrop "Bana".

Incredible Member

That's such great info!

I definitely mourn the incompleted 1st Rucka arc. So many loose ends.

Also Cale having an IOU for Circe.

Another dropped Rucka plot line…
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Circe's daughter Lyta Trevor.
    You're thinking of Lyta Milton. Lyta Trevor is Diana's daughter that exists in some continuities.

Now a plot that got left hanging... At one point Deva gave a sample of her DNA to one of Diana's scientist enemies.... hmmmmmmm..... what could an evil genius do with the DNA of a Titan? hmmmm hard to say...

I wish we could see Bobby Barnes. He was my favorite character created by Phil Jimenez during his run and I feel that he has so much potential as Wonder Boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    From Rucka's run, the younger generation of Olympians (Athena, Ares, and Aphrodite) replacing the older ones (Zeus, Hades, and Poseidon). Run ended with Poseidon still on the loose after Hades and Zeus were overthrown so I figured he was setting up something for Aphrodite to take over.

This was a great subplot with a fantastic possibility for changing the status quo… I was preparing myself to Aphrodite owning everyone at some point.

Didn’t Rucka start a plot point about the military being concerned about the Amazons too? I think I remember a scene in the book with the Air Force and/or Navy? I want to say this ended up morphing into Amazons Attack, but I don’t know if that’s true.

Regardless, I think that event would have been in better hands with Rucka doing the set up in WONDER WOMAN and then plotting the crossover. We’d have gotten more nuance and Amazons acting like the Amazons instead of what we got.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Also Cale having an IOU for Circe.

Another dropped Rucka plot line…
    Yeah, that stone that was embedded in her shoulder. The subplots between a character’s villains always adds something interesting to me in the world-building.