Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Default Yor Forger (SPY x FAMILY) versus Maki (Fire Force)

Battle of the beast mode ladies.

Fight takes place in the London Olympic Village, combatants start 165 feet from one another.

Yor has her usual blades/spikes, no poison. Maki has her Tekkyo powered up and ready to go.

Maki scene for reference:

Scenarios

1) Both at full capacity.

2) Speed equalised.

Which buff girl with a heart of gold takes it?

Extraordinary Member

Yor is the stronger of the two. Maki is quite strong, but Yor just has way higher strength feats.

Maki does quite well against a lot of opponents in her setting since she's really good at countering their pyrokinetic abilities with her own fire manipulation. That won't be factor here since Yor mostly just punches, kicks and stabs people to death.

The Tekkyo are Maki's main advantage since they give her more range. I don't remember Maki having many specific speed feats outside like reacting to people with better feats in that regard.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

*peers at the video suspiciously*

Okay, so if I'm reading what Dark Soul #7 is saying right, Maki doesn't actually have shields/force fields, she's defending against fire with Pyrokinesis. Which explains why the saw blade almost gets her...but then she blocks six of them somehow? Hm.

The remote control 'Tekkyo' are problematic - she has more range, she can attack from three different directions simultaneously. But they don't seem to hit super-hard unless everyone here is superhumanly tough and strong - nobody really goes flying or anything (they get one-shot KO'ed, but that's all). Same with Maki; have to agree with DS#7, she uses what look like anime's favorite 'internal martial art' stuff, but she certainly doesn't hit as hard as Yor. Nor do I see any real speedfeats like Yor's. I mean, she's for-sure fast and hits hard enough to one-shot people, but.

Based solely on the video presented, I'm figuring Yor wins this. The remote-control attacks simply don't have the oomph to put her down even if they hit her, she's fast enough to close quickly, and once she arrives she should overwhelm Maki...assuming my guesses above are correct.

Curious to see what others say, especially those with better familiarity with Maki. ^_^

Also find it hilarious when the dudes threaten her at the start. One of those moments when, even unfamiliar with the character, I think "Yeah, that was probably a horrible mistake." And it was.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    *peers at the video suspiciously*

Okay, so if I'm reading what Dark Soul #7 is saying right, Maki doesn't actually have shields/force fields, she's defending against fire with Pyrokinesis. Which explains why the saw blade almost gets her...but then she blocks six of them somehow? Hm.
    Confirming she doesn't have an shields or telekinetic abilities. She can only manipulate flame with her mind.

Her tanking the exploding blades thrown at her is a testament to the durability of the Fire Force uniforms. They are quite seriously tough.

When Obi (who has no powers) fought Benimaru, it mostly boiled down to him just tanking stuff with his uniform.

The remote control 'Tekkyo' are problematic - she has more range, she can attack from three different directions simultaneously. But they don't seem to hit super-hard unless everyone here is superhumanly tough and strong - nobody really goes flying or anything (they get one-shot KO'ed, but that's all). Same with Maki; have to agree with DS#7, she uses what look like anime's favorite 'internal martial art' stuff, but she certainly doesn't hit as hard as Yor. Nor do I see any real speedfeats like Yor's. I mean, she's for-sure fast and hits hard enough to one-shot people, but.

Based solely on the video presented, I'm figuring Yor wins this. The remote-control attacks simply don't have the oomph to put her down even if they hit her, she's fast enough to close quickly, and once she arrives she should overwhelm Maki...assuming my guesses above are correct.

Curious to see what others say, especially those with better familiarity with Maki. ^_^

Also find it hilarious when the dudes threaten her at the start. One of those moments when, even unfamiliar with the character, I think "Yeah, that was probably a horrible mistake." And it was.
    Any thoughts on scenario 2? Yor will have a much harder time getting in without her speed advantage.

Also, it's worth noting that Maki hit Flail with both a double palm strike and both Tekkyo and he was still up but then when actively enraged, she knocks him out in one shot. Given that Tekkyo smash people hard enough to shatter concrete and he took two to the head without going down, that's a lot of striking power behind her.

See also, Obi hilarious kool-aid-manning through a massive fireball to deck a whiterobe in the face here at 01:55

Shared mostly for amusement but also to demonstrate that their uniforms are stupid durable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Confirming she doesn't have an shields or telekinetic abilities. She can only manipulate flame with her mind.

Her tanking the exploding blades thrown at her is a testament to the durability of the Fire Force uniforms. They are quite seriously tough.

When Obi (who has no powers) fought Benimaru, it mostly boiled down to him just tanking stuff with his uniform.
    That, too, is interesting. And useful. If she's just tanking burning blades with her uniform, then that makes it less likely Yor is just going to stab her to death.

Any thoughts on scenario 2? Yor will have a much harder time getting in without her speed advantage.

Also, it's worth noting that Maki hit Flail with both a double palm strike and both Tekkyo and he was still up but then when actively enraged, she knocks him out in one shot. Given that Tekkyo smash people hard enough to shatter concrete and he took two to the head without going down, that's a lot of striking power behind her.
    Okay, I either missed or didn't know that the flying things can shatter concrete. And that the guy is that tough. Okay, so Maki and her remote-control hitters are at least in the wheelhouse to get Yor's attention if they hit her. Not drop her or anything, but they will do damage with clean hits.

With that, I think the second scenario at the least goes less-well for Yor as she cannot easily close while avoiding constant attacks from the remote stuff. And in combat, it's less-easy for her to overwhelm Maki while dealing, again, with constant attacks from the remote units AND dealing with the armor. They can operate independently? Maki can fight while they're doing stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    See also, Obi hilarious kool-aid-manning through a massive fireball to deck a whiterobe in the face here at 01:55

Shared mostly for amusement but also to demonstrate that their uniforms are stupid durable.
    I just love the guy getting dropped with blood spraying out of his nose. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    That, too, is interesting. And useful. If she's just tanking burning blades with her uniform, then that makes it less likely Yor is just going to stab her to death.
    Huh, so funny thing.

I went to look at the manga version to double check how hard the Tekkyo hit and, from the much clearer artwork there, I realised she's actually blocking the blades with Tekkyo rather than just straight tanking them. It's a very quick cut and the dark colours and explosions make it hard to see, but as the blades fly at her, she makes a block pose and then the Tekkyo slam into place and she crouches behind them.

The uniforms are still hecka durable though, the Obi footage definitely backs that up. Though their cutting resistance might be less than I led you to believe.

Okay, I either missed or didn't know that the flying things can shatter concrete. And that the guy is that tough. Okay, so Maki and her remote-control hitters are at least in the wheelhouse to get Yor's attention if they hit her. Not drop her or anything, but they will do damage with clean hits.
    At 01:52 when she slams the first guy she hits with Tekkyo into the pillar, you can see the stonework of it is cracked from the force of him hitting it.

With that, I think the second scenario at the least goes less-well for Yor as she cannot easily close while avoiding constant attacks from the remote stuff. And in combat, it's less-easy for her to overwhelm Maki while dealing, again, with constant attacks from the remote units AND dealing with the armor. They can operate independently? Maki can fight while they're doing stuff?
    Not independently that I recall. The Tekkyo are animated by a couple of balls of flame Maki has imbued with a form of life, Sputter and Flare. They have a rudimentary intelligence but they are mostly bound to her will, especially as far as attacking goes. I can't think offhand of any instances where they did things of their own accord in the series, but Maki is proficient in coordinating her own attacks with them.

If she can coordinate with them while fighting, that's the same deal as far as I'm concerned.

Okay, the armor not being as good...erm...armor than I thought makes this more tricky. I figure...speed equalized, she has a solid chance due to all of the extra gimmes she has (the Tekkyo, to start with). Don't know if it's 50/50 or better, but I feel that Yor isn't sweeping, at the least.
    Why are we here?