Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    There are also obvious differences from the images presented as well. only one of them has some diversity.
    The NuHumans added some diversity to the Inhumans - unfortunately, we probably won't see most of those characters again any time soon, even though most of them appeared to have survived the pointless "Death of Inhumans."

BANNED

Conceptually, not much, as [formerly hidden among us] mutants, {formerly isolationist} Inhumans, & (still aquatic) Atlanteans...
    ALL
    come from the same genus as humans...

HOMO!

ALL display the same diversity initially [pre-transformation of some}...
    and can interbreed...

w/the X-CEPTion of Eternals & Deviants, who cannot... produce children, and are essentially... bioengineered, sleeper agent automatons, these days? Somewhat similar to OZT's human hybrid, Prime Sentinels, actually, now that I think about it.

BANNED

All...

THAT SAID:

- Celestials directly created Eternals and Deviants from normal humans.

- The Kree created the Inhumans by experimenting on normal humans.

- Mutants may be the result of normal human and Deviant breeding. Hopefully we’ll learn more in the AXE storyline. It’s also been said that mutants are the result of Celestial pus and vomit. I subscribe to the latter theory.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post

- Mutants may be the result of normal human and Deviant breeding. Hopefully we’ll learn more in the AXE storyline. It’s also been said that mutants are the result of Celestial pus and vomit. I subscribe to the latter theory.
    Long ago in the Avengers, didn't they make Sersi really powerful due to her Eternal nature? Are the Eternals today really that much more powerful than the X-Men or Avengers or Inhumans? Wouldn't they be if directly created by the Celestials?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

There are also obvious differences from the images presented as well. only one of them has some diversity.
    lol i meeeean its the truth
    GrindrStone(D)

ALL life on Earth comes from Celestial pus an vomit. That includes Deviants, Humans, and Humans with a bit of Deviant DNA (mutants).

History has been rewritten.

In the original Kirby version, the Celestials tinkered with protohumans on earth. From the same cloth they made the ever-mutable Deviants, the perfected/stagnant Eternals, and baseline humans, in whom they left a dormant potential for both(the x-gene?). The original Eternals quickly developed their minds/bodies, and an early Eternal scientist made a breakthrough in harnessing cosmic radiation which allowed him to transcend his body and left the other Eternals immortal. The strength, flight, speed, durability, and more esoteric abilities the Eternals display were all refinements of this cosmic radiation harnessing.

Eventually some Eternals left Earth and end up interacting with Kree tech in our outer solar system. The Kree were impressed by the power of them, and sought to manipulate the potential for their own use, so they kidnapped some baseline humans, eventually finding out that the Terrigen crystals/mists could unlock power in some of the test subjects. Thousands of years of eugenics and Terrigen exposure gives us the Inhumans.

Humans who "naturally" manifest powers are mutants, those who need artificial stimulus are mutates. Eternals, Deviants, mutants, mutates, and Inhumans all owe their very existence and certainly their powers to the Celestial's tinkering.

mutantscelestials.jpg

The reason for this tinkering is debatable. In the original X-Men Forever it is posited that the Celestials were seedling the potential for the next generation of Constructs to take their place amongst Eternity and Infinity and the like.

celestialdestinyofmutants.jpg
    celestialdestinyofmutants2.jpg

In Alex Ross's Earth X(an alternative universe) the Celestials did it to ensure Earth would have super-powered guardians to protect the baby Celestial gestating in the planet(as we saw recently in the MCU) from Galactus and/or other world-shattering threats. Interestingly, in this universe the Terrigen mists were released globally, turning everyone into mutants.

Of course the ongoing Avengers run by Aaron completely rewrites this history, making all life on Earth the result of a diseased Celestial's vomit and pus. And Eternals are no longer humanity's cousins/siblings, but rather completely artificial constructs more akin to robots(whose regeneration upon destruction is contingent on sacrificing a human's lifeforce). Personally I liked the Kirby canon a lot better.

Let's see how AXE rewrites history yet again....
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

...Once again proving that Aaron is himself a plague on comicbookdom spewing vomit and pus over everything he touches.

And yes, Kirby's story is far superior.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

Actually, while the Inhumans are an offshoot of Humans, genetically engineered by the Kree -- that experiment happened well after the Kree had discovered humanity's latent potential (The X-Gene) implated by The Celestials.

- Mutants may be the result of normal human and Deviant breeding. ̶H̶o̶p̶e̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶w̶e̶’̶l̶l̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶r̶n̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶A̶X̶E̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶r̶y̶l̶i̶n̶e̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶’̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶s̶a̶i̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶m̶u̶t̶a̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶u̶l̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶C̶e̶l̶e̶s̶t̶i̶a̶l̶ ̶p̶u̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶v̶o̶m̶i̶t̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶u̶b̶s̶c̶r̶i̶b̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶o̶r̶y̶.̶
    I think not...

The Eternals #1
    July, 1976

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Actually, while the Inhumans are an offshoot of Humans, genetically engineered by the Kree -- that experiment happened well after the Kree had discovered humanity's latent potential (The X-Gene) implated by The Celestials.

I think not...

The Eternals #1
    July, 1976
    That has been retconned. As now, all life on Earth came from Celestial vomit and pus, and mutants are humans with a bit of Deviant DNA. That's the latest canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    That has been retconned. As now, all life on Earth came from Celestial vomit and pus, and mutants are humans with a bit of Deviant DNA. That's the latest canon.
    Nothing has said mutants have deviant dna so far. That was speculation but and maybe I missed it, nothing has made it to print that flat out says that mutants have deviant DNA. Though it wouldn't surprise me to try to take their evolutionary step and bastardize it with deviant DNA.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Nothing has said mutants have deviant dna so far. That was speculation but and maybe I missed it, nothing has made it to print that flat out says that mutants have deviant DNA. Though it wouldn't surprise me to try to take their evolutionary step and bastardize it with deviant DNA.
    In the last Eternal mini-series it was revealed the purpose of the Deviants:

-Thanks to the Celestial DNA from the vomit and pus, every living creature on Earth can develop superpowers. However, these superbeings failed to evolve into a new species, since they mutated too much (like, if a woman become an energy being, and a man becomes a tree, how are they supposed to reproduce with each other and produce super-babies...?).
    -The Celestials created the Deviants to solve that problem.
    1.-They made the Deviants so almost every one of them would mutate and become a huge monster at some point of their lives.
    2.-They made them able to evolve very fast.
    3.-They told the Eternals to cull the more mutated and out of control Deviants.
    -The Celestials hoped that, thanks to their fast evolution and selective breeding (and by "selective breeding" I mean "the Eternals killing the more unstable Deviants, leaving the more stable ones"), Deviants would eventually evolve into a species that would be able to develop superpowers and still be able to reproduce.
    -The Deviants would then breed with standard humans, passing to Humanity the ability to develop stable superpowers, creating a new species of superbeings.

Druig, the new leader of the Eternals, told The Machine, the world-spanning Celestial supercomputer, to seek humans with Deviant DNA, and you know what? Krakoa was chock-full of them. Every mutant has Deviant DNA.
    Last edited by Habis; 07-04-2022 at 03:59 AM.

BANNED

A reasonable enough summary of where things...

were, I guess?

And from only a li'l over a month ago, I found this informative as to how it all...

Eternals #12 Review! – What Is Deviant? - Comic Book Herald

What Are Deviants?

In other words, and per another mind-blowing Eternals data page, the Deviants were the ones who were designed to “act upon the necrofluid” that spilled from the dying Progenitor on Earth four billion years ago (I think this is Gillen’s own original term for what I remember Jason Aaron just calling god’s vomit or pus, as mentioned here as well. But I can’t help but think Gillen is once again improving upon a big concept vaguely, um, hurled up from the dank haze of Aaron’s stoner death metal musings). The Deviants are apparently something like Earth’s antibodies, somehow “stabilizing” the necrofluid’s toxicity—except when particular Deviants prove unable to overcome that noxiousness, they succumb to “excess deviation.” That is where the Eternals step in, “to ensure that the Changing People do not entirely destroy themselves.”

So, the Eternals are no more than superhumanly perfect, self-glorified caretakers. Now, wait—wasn’t that what they already knew themselves to be? Sure; they just thought they were caretaking Earth, and typically from the threat posed by the Deviants. What works about this retcon is that it doesn’t seem the Celestials ever lied to the Eternals; the Eternals, it appears, just assumed they were the center of Terran cosmology (along with the Machine—another Gillen contribution to the Eternals mythos—which has been interpreted as more or less important than Earth itself, defining Earth as the overall ecosystem of biological life). And so, whenever the necrofluids are stabilized through Deviant interaction/metabolism, they’re passed on somehow “to other biological beings.”

We’re left with the critical tidbit that this process has ramped up over the past few centuries, meaning that “the Deviants are the mothers of the Age of Marvels.” So, we’re presented with the immediate question: Are mutants the children, through whatever fantastic bio-magic, of Deviant biology—and are human mutates (Spider-Man, the FF, Black Panther, super-soldiers, Hulks, etc.) also similarly descended?

The next question, from the Eternals’ perspective, might be: Isn’t this all too much—excess deviation?

For Druig, as we see at the very end, not just Krakoa but Arakko—“Deviants on Mars,” as he assumes—“sounds like the very definition of ‘excess deviation’”—“How shocking!” In fact, he’s delighted.

*currently* stands?