Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    In the last Eternal mini-series it was revealed the purpose of the Deviants:

-Thanks to the Celestial DNA from the vomit and pus, every living creature on Earth can develop superpowers. However, these superbeings failed to evolve into a new species, since they mutated too much (like, if a woman become an energy being, and a man becomes a tree, how are they supposed to reproduce with each other and produce super-babies...?).
    -The Celestials created the Deviants to solve that problem.
    1.-They made the Deviants so almost every one of them would mutate and become a huge monster at some point of their lives.
    2.-They made them able to evolve very fast.
    3.-They told the Eternals to cull the more mutated and out of control Deviants.
    -The Celestials hoped that, thanks to their fast evolution and selective breeding (and by "selective breeding" I mean "the Eternals killing the more unstable Deviants, leaving the more stable ones"), Deviants would eventually evolve into a species that would be able to develop superpowers and still be able to reproduce.
    -The Deviants would then breed with standard humans, passing to Humanity the ability to develop stable superpowers, creating a new species of superbeings.

Druig, the new leader of the Eternals, told The Machine, the world-spanning Celestial supercomputer, to seek humans with Deviant DNA, and you know what? Krakoa was chock-full of them. Every mutant has Deviant DNA.
    I'll have to look back through my eternals issues. I remember a character assuming it, and them giving some weird definition for excess deviation but not that there was a direct genetic link between specifially mutants which are born from humans and deviants. So as such if mutants are deviants so too are the humans of the mu and most likely nuhumans as well.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Like i remember this scene standing out because it was 600,000 years ago but there were avengers from 1,000,000 years ago so what happened between that 400,000 year gap. lol

eternals.jpg

And if Eternals were operating at this point for 400,000 years did the eternals wipe out the original avengers and humanity?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'll have to look back through my eternals issues. I remember a character assuming it, and them giving some weird definition for excess deviation but not that there was a direct genetic link between specifially mutants which are born from humans and deviants. So as such if mutants are deviants so too are the humans of the mu and most likely nuhumans as well.
    https://i.postimg.cc/1RvZ8Fy9/a3.webp
    https://i.redd.it/fj6xldz789091.jpg
    https://gcdn.lanetaneta.com/wp-conte...a-punto.5.jpeg

Look at the end of the mini-series. There are Deviant hybrids everywhere, but Krakoa has the highest concentration. I guess either standard humans have less Deviant DNA, or maybe not all standard humans have Deviant DNA...

Since the purpose of Deviant hybridization was to produce a species of viable superbeings, and Krakoa is full of people with Deviant DNA, and Mutants are a new viable species of superbeings... the logical conclusion if that Mutants are the species the Celestials were trying to create when they designed their plan of Deviant hybridization...

We still don't know if mutates have Deviant DNA too... The mini-series says that there were always people/creatures with superpowers, even before Deviant were created, but these super-beings failed to become a new species due to excessive mutation. It could be that Hulk, Spider-man, the Fantastic Four, Firebird, Sandman...etc., are super-beings without Deviant DNA.
    Last edited by Habis; 07-04-2022 at 04:32 AM.

Look at the end of the mini-series. There are Deviant hybrids everywhere, but Krakoa has the highest concentration. I guess either standard humans have less Deviant DNA, or maybe not all standard humans have Deviant DNA...

Since the purpose of Deviant hybridization was to produce a species of viable superbeings, and Krakoa is full of people with Deviant DNA, and Mutants are a new viable species of superbeings... the logical conclusion if that Mutants are the species the Celestials were trying to create when they designed their plan of Deviant hybridization...

We still don't know if mutates have Deviant DNA too... The mini-series says that there were always people/creatures with superpowers, even before Deviant were created, but these super-beings failed to become a new species due to excessive mutation. It could be that Hulk, Spider-man, the Fantastic Four, Firebird, Sandman...etc., are super-beings without Deviant DNA.
    deviant.jpg

Actually the official definition is on a data page. Any deviantion is access deviation. So if an eternal thinks a human should not have powers and a human does develope one no matter how that is a deviation from what they believe a human should be.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

deviant.jpg

Actually the official definition is on a data page. Any deviantion is access deviation. So if an eternal thinks a human should not have powers and a human does develope one no matter how that is a deviation from what they believe a human should be.

Look at the links I inserted in my last post: Druig was explicitly looking for people with Deviant DNA... "locate what beings the Deviants have catalized. Where can we find Deviant DNA?" and then "Areas with Deviant-derived DNA have been highlighted" and then "Increase the stringency. Let see where we have genes that we would count as Deviant. And factor in intelligence and sentience".

And the two places with the highest concentration were Lemuria and Krakoa.

Look at the links I inserted in my last post: Druig was explicitly looking for people with Deviant DNA... "locate what beings the Deviants have catalized. Where can we find Deviant DNA?" and then "Areas with Deviant-derived DNA have been highlighted" and then "Increase the stringency. Let see where we have genes that we would count as Deviant. And factor in intelligence and sentience".

And the two places with the highest concentration were Lemuria and Krakoa.
    The information i havde comes directly from the Thanos/Uranus story so while i did read the other stuff it is presented that Uranus gives the most accurate account for what is actually going on. Far more reliable than druig. And of course krakoa would ping it is a place with the highest concentration of super beings but not the only places that pinged if i remember correctly. Which issue was it?

Those other dots could have been Spiderman, Thor, Tony stark. That was the whole point in what Uranus was saying, they define what is deviation. All life is myth but their own.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-04-2022 at 04:43 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

The information i havde comes directly from the Thanos/Uranus story so while i did read the other stuff it is presented that Uranus gives the most accurate account for what is actually going on. Far more reliable than druig. And of course krakoa would ping it is a place with the highest concentration of super beings but not the only places that pinged if i remember correctly. Which issue was it?

Those other dots could have been Spiderman, Thor, Tony stark. That was the whole point in what Uranus was saying, they define what is deviation. All life is myth but their own.
    You are ignoring the links I inserted. They were explicitly searching for Deviant DNA. For people with DNA from the Deviant species.

As for Uranus, he is a crazy fanatic who wanted to kill every creature in the Universe save the Eternals and enslave the Celestials themselves. As far as he is concerned, everybody not an Eternals is a deviation that should be purged. He isn't a a reliable source, he is an evil, fanatical, racist monster. Asking him what a "Deviant" is is as reliable as asking Hitler what a "human being" is...

Look, if you don't like the current retcon, don't worry, it will be re-retconned in a couple years, like always, but as now? Mutants totally have Deviant DNA.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Druig is clearly off his meds because that last bit about Spider-man F4 Hulk and BP etc makes absolutely no sense. Those characters are superpowered as a result of external catalysts that were beyond their control. Sure, they could and probably should have died by irradiated spider, cosmic rays, and gamma radiation...not sure how being blessed by Bast factors in...but the fact that they didn't doesn't mean anything really as tests aren't being done on 1000 humans to see just how many will gain spider powers after being bitten by radioactive spiders.

If writers want to come in and retcon good **** that didn't need retconning in the first place they have to come really good. And yes, I am biased...Gillen may be an industry "darling" but he isn't that good.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

You are ignoring the links I inserted. They were explicitly searching for Deviant DNA. For people with DNA from the Deviant species.

As for Uranus, he is a crazy fanatic who wanted to kill every creature in the Universe save the Eternals and enslave the Celestials themselves. As far as he is concerned, everybody not an Eternals is a deviation that should be purged. He isn't a a reliable source, he is an evil, fanatical, racist monster. Asking him what a "Deviant" is is as reliable as asking Hitler what a "human being" is...

Look, if you don't like the current retcon, don't worry, it will be re-retconned in a couple years, like always, but as now? Mutants totally have Deviant DNA.
    Your ignoring your own links. Everybody had deviant DNA on earth. I mean it's dumb but if it is so it is what it is. All of those dots weren't just mutants and there were a lot of them that is just where the super powers were concentrated. But either way one's fact will be their fact. And all i can say about the hitler part is i feel hitler would love the deviant explanation so maybe your on to something there.

Well technically not everyone again there were mutants 1,000,000 million years ago as evidence by the girl with red hair. So how can ALL mutants be descendant from something that didn't hit until after if the eternals were apparently created the same year So is it humans first, then mutants, then deviants, then eternals or is it deviants, humans, mutants, then eternals.

Just to add Uranus is the most reliable because he was the one that was actually there and doing it and he is touted as the first eternal. He was the first and created the protocols and interpretted them and that is why he is far more reliable than Druig who betrayed Uranus. Uranus had no reason to lie to thanos from his prison cell so someone being hitler like doesn't automatically mean they can't string together a truth. Or that they are an unreliable source of information.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-04-2022 at 06:14 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Your ignoring your own links. Everybody had deviant DNA on earth. I mean it's dumb but if it is so it is what it is. All of those dots weren't just mutants and there were a lot of them that is just where the super powers were concentrated. But either way one's fact will be their fact. And all i can say about the hitler part is i feel hitler would love the deviant explanation so maybe your on to something there.

Well technically not everyone again there were mutants 1,000,000 million years ago as evidence by the girl with red hair. So how can ALL mutants be descendant from something that didn't hit until after if the eternals were apparently created the same year So is it humans first, then mutants, then deviants, then eternals or is it deviants, humans, mutants, then eternals.
    Deviant DNA is everywhere, but if you remove non-humanoids, and ignore genes that aren't considered uniquely Deviant, you are left with Krakoa and Lemuria (there probably are lots if humans with Deviant ancestry who have lost the proto-x-gene...).

As for what happened 1,000,000 years ago... that story predates the Deviant hybridization retcon... maybe the people in that tribe were decended from one of the first Deviants, created 1,000,000 years ago...?

Anyways, don't worry, the new retcon is underway... Mutants are being retconned as descended from some creatures from 2,000,000,000 years ago, before animal and plant life existed on Earth, making the Deviant hybridization retcon irrelevant soon...

Deviant DNA is everywhere, but if you remove non-humanoids, and ignore genes that aren't considered uniquely Deviant, you are left with Krakoa and Lemuria (there probably are lots if humans with Deviant ancestry who have lost the proto-x-gene...).

As for what happened 1,000,000 years ago... that story predates the Deviant hybridization retcon... maybe the people in that tribe were decended from one of the first Deviants, created 1,000,000 years ago...?

Anyways, don't worry, the new retcon is underway... Mutants are being retconned as descended from some creatures from 2,000,000,000 years ago, before animal and plant life existed on Earth, making the Deviant hybridization retcon irrelevant soon...
    Where does the story specifically say that thought. I'm missing it even in your scans. And he said deviant genes what are deviant genes? an x-gene deviates from the normal human genetic makeup in that there is an extra gene. What issue is it so i can read the complete context i may be missing.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Where does the story specifically say that thought. I'm missing it even in your scans. And he said deviant genes what are deviant genes? an x-gene deviates from the normal human genetic makeup in that there is an extra gene. What issue is it so i can read the complete context i may be missing.
    Deviant as belonging to the Deviant species (Homo descendus).

BANNED

Often a retcon simply doesn't make sense and no amount of logical, page-piecemealing can put it right. Also, my scans clearly stated that Baseline Humans were the species offshoot that received the X-Gene (in so many words of course) -- simply put, all Humans possess the potential for X-Gene activation -- The same can't be said about the Eternals or Deviants.
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-04-2022 at 06:47 AM.

BANNED

Read the last two issues of the Eternals, including the data pages. Mutants are deviants.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Read the last two issues of the Eternals, including the data pages. Mutants are deviants.
    Thanks for the info. I'll wait for it to come up in an xbook though I think. That would have been about when I dropped it so no real point in going back for info I still won't find relevant.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.