Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AdvanceBushido View Post
    I think this speaks volumes into the "feats" that are attributed to Wanda. As they are featsless and do absolutely nothing to stop her. This proves how JL solos whether with or without composite incarnations. As they are all faster than Captin Marvel and Captain America and Xavier.
    It really doesn't - as Wanda's feats also include casual reality warping on large scales, and easily trouncing Kamar-Taj and everyone who works with them. They include her forcing her way out of the mirror dimension, something supposed to be impossible, and instantly healing from the damage taken doing so. They include treating Strange like a chump. The fact that they made her work at all (well, Monica did, everyone else was chaff once she iced Black Bolt) show that they've got a little something going for them.

But as I said from the get go, Superman solos this.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    For the sake of a discussion, I can assume whatever I want to assume, as long as I'm consistent.

For this particular Rumble, there are two choices: either we give the Illuminati only their on-screen feats from DSMoM, in which case they only have feats for getting their asses kicked and doing precisely nothing at all against their foe, or we grant them equivalency from their clear and obvious analogues from MCU-616, in which case we at least have something to go by for them.

If you want to choose option one, by all means, but then there is no point in discussing the rumble at all, because they are pretty much featless.

Even choosing option 2, Superman (but only him - he is 99% of the DCEU's power) is still enough to win the day thanks to the massive speed edge.
    That opens a whole can of worms of saying every variant is just as powerful as the main MCU version it just doesn't work to assume anything OP just says it's The Illuminati so we go by what was shown on screen.

Fantastic Member AdvanceBushido's Avatar

The fact that they made her work at all (well, Monica did, everyone else was chaff once she iced Black Bolt) show that they've got a little something going for them.

But as I said from the get go, Superman solos this.
    Because you write with to much hyperbole it's catching up to you. They can't be featless and useless while at the same time be formidable. You were right at your first assessment, they did nothing.
    Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AdvanceBushido View Post
    Because you write with to much hyperbole it's catching up to you. They can't be featless and useless while at the same time be formidable. You were right at your first assessment, they did nothing.
    Sigh.

I'm writing with no hyperbole at all.

I said flat out that, to even consider this a fight worth any discussion at all, we have to attribute some analogue feats to the participants. If we don't, it's not even worth discussion, since the actual feats for these specific versions of the characters is mostly "dies."

Even is we DO attribute analogue feats, the result isn't in doubt thanks to Cavill-El. He's 99.9% of the JL's power and he's more than enough to solo.

That's all I ever said. I never once made the argument that those characters "deserve" those feats, or that "they have to have them" or any other such nonsense. Just that i was choosing to attribute them simply for the sake of discussion.

You seem to feel hurt at continuously arguing losing postions against me so you resort to odd personal attacks. Please don't do that, there is no reason for it. I've been very clear for what I referred to here and why. Do not try to put things i never stated down as my words. Thanks in advance.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Fantastic Member AdvanceBushido's Avatar

I'm writing with no hyperbole at all.

I said flat out that, to even consider this a fight worth any discussion at all, we have to attribute some analogue feats to the participants. If we don't, it's not even worth discussion, since the actual feats for these specific versions of the characters is mostly "dies."
    in which case they only have feats for getting their asses kicked and doing precisely nothing at all against their foe
    That's all I ever said. I never once made the argument that those characters "deserve" those feats, or that "they have to have them" or any other such nonsense. Just that i was choosing to attribute them simply for the sake of discussion.
    I never once questioned that you said they deserve the composite feats but how you seemingly discredit them and make them featless in your first post and than in your next you give them feats.

The fact that they made her work at all (well, Monica did, everyone else was chaff once she iced Black Bolt) show that they've got a little something going for them
    You seem to feel hurt at continuously arguing losing postions against me so you resort to odd personal attacks. Please don't do that, there is no reason for it. I've been very clear for what I referred to here and why. Do not try to put things i never stated down as my words. Thanks in advance.
    You write with hyperbole that isn't a personal attack but an analysis of your writing style. Many writers use it. You overly inflate feats towards Illuminati and by extension Wanda.

Don't take these things personal it's a fictional fighting forum.

You have the minority opinion.
    Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

Closing the thread for a bit to give everyone a break. Lets take a breather here.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.