All-New Member

Default Help finding a horror comic series from the late 90s

Hello everyone,

I'm not a big comics guy at all so I was wondering if you could help me out here.
    I recall reading a series back around ~98 when I was a kid but I can't for the life of me recall the name.

It was essentially a horror graphic novel about a young guy who ends up in a medieval fantasy world full of monsters. One of the first things that happens is him meeting a boar man and later, unless I recall this incorrectly which may very well be the case, a leopard man. Leopard guy gets eaten by Siren-like monsters dwelling in a lake almost immediately. The whole thing was pretty high quality and full color. Every issue also came with a collectible card for lack of a better word that had info on various mythological beasts like zombies, vampires and more exotic stuff like the Roc. They had explanations of these monsters too that were pretty matter-of-fact like "Zombie myths stem from voodoo rituals that use puffer fish poison".

You could get these at the supermarket, although that may have been a Germany-specific thing.

It's driving me crazy. Hopefully someone has some suggestions.
    Thanks in advance.

All-New Member

The mystery is solved! It's The Ancestral Trail series from around 92. And it's not exactly a comic book, so no wonder I couldn't find it.