Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Honestly, seeing how bad written all the characters all, we can all agree that Empress dodged a bullet (even if she made that ridiculous cameo as a "villain" of the team).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Honestly, seeing how bad written all the characters all, we can all agree that Empress dodged a bullet (even if she made that ridiculous cameo as a "villain" of the team).
    Sadly yes.

I'm reminded of the Female Furies mini, where we had the writer trying to shove modern politics into established canon, and it really didn't work.

IMO, politics very much belong in comics, but God damn, execution freakin' matters. This is almost as bad as the current Iron Man run.

Spectacular Member SomeRandomSmartA55's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Sadly yes.

I'm reminded of the Female Furies mini, where we had the writer trying to shove modern politics into established canon, and it really didn't work.

IMO, politics very much belong in comics, but God damn, execution freakin' matters. This is almost as bad as the current Iron Man run.
    RIGHT, I always point to the Arrowette arc in the PAD run because that is a PERFECT example of how to discuss politics in comic form.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I did think of Bunker.
    I am a big Tim and Conner fan.
    The biggest problem with pairing Tim with a super powered person is that while it works great in a team book, it really changes the tone of Conner is hanging out in Gotham and taking down street level villains with one hand tied behind his back.
    That’s not to say Tim and Conner couldn’t get a couples book, like a queer World’s Finest.
    I didn’t think about Cullen and I feel kind of dumb for that. Cullen would’ve been a much better choice than Bernard, as he was already openly gay and had an established crush on Tim, and he has other Bat connections through Harper. That could actually still happen.
    Thats the thing with Tim and Kon everytime I mention that as a possibility there seems to be one person who is one board and at least two other people who think they should remain friends. It’s a weird thing I noticed. I personally want them to remain friends, but I’d be lying if I said I never looked up anything TimKon related before. Honestly the thing that sold me on the idea of TimKon being explored was their first meeting. The issue where they meet is literally titled “Where have you been all my life?” (Not even joking)

DC would never do it but I do think there is a story to explore where Kon starts questioning his sexuality but comes to realize that while he does truly love Tim, he is in fact straight. Many would accuse them of queerbaiting but honestly that does happen. People go through questioning phases and sometimes the answer’s yes and sometimes it’s no. If they were to explore this it should be in a Young Justice or Teen Titans book.

(but if they do go the route of TimKon they should just recreate the Chandler/Monica thing from FRIENDS that would be hilarious)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomSmartA55 View Post
    Thats the thing with Tim and Kon everytime I mention that as a possibility there seems to be one person who is one board and at least two other people who think they should remain friends. It’s a weird thing I noticed. I personally want them to remain friends, but I’d be lying if I said I never looked up anything TimKon related before. Honestly the thing that sold me on the idea of TimKon being explored was their first meeting. The issue where they meet is literally titled “Where have you been all my life?” (Not even joking)

DC would never do it but I do think there is a story to explore where Kon starts questioning his sexuality but comes to realize that while he does truly love Tim, he is in fact straight. Many would accuse them of queerbaiting but honestly that does happen. People go through questioning phases and sometimes the answer’s yes and sometimes it’s no. If they were to explore this it should be in a Young Justice or Teen Titans book.

(but if they do go the route of TimKon they should just recreate the Chandler/Monica thing from FRIENDS that would be hilarious)
    That's what they call being friends. Watch the Young Justice cartoon.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    That's what they call being friends. Watch the Young Justice cartoon.
    I agree and I think they work better as friends and should stay that way. But I understand why people ship them. And the cartoon is good but I personally prefer the Peter David run

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomSmartA55 View Post
    I agree and I think they work better as friends and should stay that way. But I understand why people ship them. And the cartoon is good but I personally prefer the Peter David run
    That reminds me; I'm still at the Supergirl (Danvers) crossover.
    "Cable was right!"

Wow that is still early on, Things are about to get good real soon!

You mean Linda? Because Kara has had two periods using the Danvers name too (most of her existence pre-Crisis, and in Rebirth). And that was actually Matrix in the crossover anyway.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

I skimmed the CBR article talking about how this mini represents the issue with toxic fandom, but Young Justice seems an odd choice, because I don't recall any real issues with Young Justice for that. Did I miss some gate incident, or are they just being shoe horned in?

Shoehorned in. The only time we've had Young Justice at all since their initial run in the 90s was Bendis' recent revival of the team; and the reaction to that wasn't so much toxic as “meh”.

Frankly, the one coming across as toxic in all of this is Fitzmartin.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Shoehorned in. The only time we've had Young Justice at all since their initial run in the 90s was Bendis' recent revival of the team; and the reaction to that wasn't so much toxic as “meh”.

Fitzmartin is just one toxic piece of what is wrong with DC and the whole comic industry
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post

I kinda thought as much. I mean, it's not like Cassie, Kon, Tim and Bart disappeared, they just went to another book

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I skimmed the CBR article talking about how this mini represents the issue with toxic fandom, but Young Justice seems an odd choice, because I don't recall any real issues with Young Justice for that. Did I miss some gate incident, or are they just being shoe horned in?
    To me this feels like Fitzmartin taking shots at people who didn't like her decision about making Tim bi. Which is kinda unprofessional, and also most people are fine with Tim being bi they just hate HOW she did it. But that's just my theory.

Honestly, Young Justice fans are many things, but toxic is not something I would describe them as. I have seen so many people from so many different backgrounds fall in love with this book, and this series was supposed to be a celebration of that book, not a lecture about toxic fandoms.

Personally, I'm sick and tired of comics being used as a platform to lecture people. Aim first and foremost to provide the audience with entertainment; and if you can put a message in there without spoiling the entertainment value, go for it! But the focus shouldn't be on the message; it should be on telling an engaging story about interesting people — where “engaging” and “interesting” is determined by the audience.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.