Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomSmartA55 View Post
    Alan Scott is a textbook example of how to properly handle a change in a character’s sexuality.

Bobby Drake is a textbook example of how NOT to do it.

Tim is in-between the two, but in my opinion is leaning a little more towards Bobby in terms of execution.
    Yeah I agree. You summed up my feelings on this. I can't roll my eyes enough of how Bobby was handled and i love Bendis Marvel work.
    Read the current Flash run by Jeremy Adams! The first issue is #768. The best comic being published by DC these days. Hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, with Alan it made sense. Of course he'd hide his true sexuality in the 1940s, homosexuality was illegal back then. He almost certainly waited for his second wife to die of old age before coming out to his kids, one of whom is gay himself. Him getting married at all served two purposes - it hides that he was gay, and it was an attempt to reform his villains (his first wife who ran off was Thorn, his second was the first Harlequin).
    Yeah it actually adds so much more depth to the character. I always loved Alan and I love his character even more now. Tim now feels like gimmick to me. I hate to say because he is my favorite Robin. Hands down.
    Read the current Flash run by Jeremy Adams! The first issue is #768. The best comic being published by DC these days. Hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    Yeah I agree. You summed up my feelings on this. I can't roll my eyes enough of how Bobby was handled and i love Bendis Marvel work.
    With Bobby I always felt they should have made him bi which would have gone over better, but yeah the gaslighting done to Bobby was just awful. Iceman used to be my favorite X-Man, key word used to.

I was somewhat relieved that they made Tim instead of full on gay, but the problem is he is being written as full on gay, which just makes me angry.