Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I just need to know if Conner Kent dies or not. That’s why I’m reading!

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I just need to know if Conner Kent dies or not. That’s why I’m reading!

you should know, you killed him.

BTW how many of you thst "are OK with it" was around while the OG series came out? nobody who read these comics as they came out would or could say that it's OK with them.

If it wasn't for Kon being in this, I wouldny give it another thought.

it's kinda scary what the writers objective and goals writing at DC are it could be
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Honestly I don’t tend to ding continuity mistakes unless they are massive.
    But with a series like that, that links it self that closely to one specific previous run, mistakes are imo far less tolerable than usual.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Issue #1 was passable since it was just the set up. Yes, Dick and Wally telling Cassie to go away was OoC since Tim got kidnapped by evil Jor-El plus an evil version of him was around targeting the Teen Titans and Barry was kidnapped so it's possible someone's targeting speedsters.

Issue #2 kicks up the nonsense to 11 and not even spoilers:
    Red Tornado
    end of spoilers could save it.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Issue #2 kicks up the nonsense to 11 and not even spoilers:
    Red Tornado
    end of spoilers could save it.
    Yeah, especially the way that Cissie was written. It was extremely OoC. It basically ruined the issue for me.

Yeah I really was looking forward to this mini but it has not been good so far. Hoping it gets better considering there are 4 issues to go but I'm not confident in that at all unfortunately.

Like everyone else, my issue is no one is acting like themselves. That'd make sense considering the other Earth but Cissie? Cassie? Everyone else not caring?

There are better ways to handle it. It doesn't help the art looks wonky.

Also, are we ever gonna see Anita and Greta again? Anita at least has a story left in her if anyone wants to bring her from obscurity.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

I'm still holding on to the naïve hope that all of this (not just the weirdoverse the boys have been sucked into) is the doing of the reality-altering antagonist that's showing up in later issues.

It wouldn't really redeem the story entirely, but it would make it less, well, train-wrecky.

For the record, I'm also generally in the camp of not sweating continuity errors, given the constant state of flux in the DCU. BUT, if you're gonna do a story that leans heavily on nostalgia for a bygone series, heavily reference the events and stories in that series, AND use those events and stories to make some sort of ham-fisted commentary about that series, you'd better be pretty tight about your continuity. IMHO.

Extraordinary Member

What gets me the most is that for a writer who wants to criticize past comics for using female characters as props for male characters, Fitzmartin has committed one of the worst examples of using a female character as nothing more than a prop for a male character I've ever seen in how she's used Stephanie Brown to justify making Tim bi. Steph has no human feelings or reactions. She exists for the sole purpose of making Tim feel good about dumping her for someone else, their history together and her very personality be damned. You don't get to criticize other books for how they treat female characters when you yourself are treating female characters even worse.
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 08-08-2022 at 01:24 PM.

Is that the comic where this is from? I usually roll my eyes when fans say writers hate certain characters but in this instance I believe them.

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Someone's been frequenting Tumblr/twitter to write comics...

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Is that the comic where this is from? I usually roll my eyes when fans say writers hate certain characters but in this instance I believe them.

Jesus those are some harsh burns. Hopefully the writer is going somewhere with this.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post

I hope Cassie would throw herself under the bus like this.

I'm too tired to post the page where Cissie said they only used to beat up minorities and women.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I hope Cassie would throw herself under the bus like this.

I'm too tired to post the page where Cissie said they only used to beat up minorities and women.

I didn't know Harm was just trying to do his best.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

I didn't know Harm was just trying to do his best.
    Don't tell me this is from that same comic??? Good lord, I kinda wanna read it now out of curiosity. The out of pocketness is astounding.
    Last edited by 9th.; 08-08-2022 at 05:19 PM.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8