Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member SomeRandomSmartA55's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    There was also the Djinn girl from Teen Titans after No Justice and he got teased for having a crush on Red Arrow.
    For a second I thought you were talking about Roy but then I remembered Emiko is a thing…now I learned something. It’s not perfect but to my knowledge Flatline is the first “relationship” he had but please if you know more correct me. I still would have chosen Damian over Tim to be the “queer Robin” partially because Damian will always be known as Bruce’s son first and foremost, I fear that Tim is just gonna be known as the queer one from now on

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, there was definitely some tension with Djinn (although Crush was also crushing on her so...)
    Man that whole thing was mess

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    There was also the Djinn girl from Teen Titans after No Justice and he got teased for having a crush on Red Arrow.
    And a crush on Katana in Streets of Gotham and Supergirl in Supergirl.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomSmartA55 View Post
    I personally would have tied it to the fact that he grew up on the streets, which is an unfortunate reality for a large amount of LGBT youth
    But I think in the end it would really add just another source of angst to the character that is really not needed.

but I’ll be the first to admit I mostly picked him because he had no long lasting love interest like Dick or Tim…and I think he’s hot…
    Like I said a long lasting happy relation just doesn't work narratively for the Character. And with Isabella and Artemis he had at least some kind of memorable love interest.

Ultimate Member

I don't know if this has been discussed, but am I the only one disappointed that they're doing a deep dive into PAD's Young Justice, and no freakin' Empress?

Has she had anything more than a cameo since the series ended?

Also, Slobo would have been nice. Yes, I'm crazy

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I don't know if this has been discussed, but am I the only one disappointed that they're doing a deep dive into PAD's Young Justice, and no freakin' Empress?

Has she had anything more than a cameo since the series ended?

Also, Slobo would have been nice. Yes, I'm crazy
    Well The creative team thought Empress was a villain so they put her in a lineup of villains during a fight.

I know Empress did appear in Cassie’s Wonder girl mini series and she did appear in an issue of Supergirl (pre-New 52) but other than that no. She is so underrated and should make a comeback

And yeah Slobo is the best Lobo I will die on this hill
    Last edited by SomeRandomSmartA55; 09-26-2022 at 05:39 PM.

Mighty Member

Well The creative team thought Empress was a villain so they put her in a lineup of villains during a fight.

I know Empress did appear in Cassie’s Wonder girl mini series and she did appear in an issue of Supergirl (pre-New 52) but other than that no. She is so underrated and should make a comeback

And yeah Slobo is the best Lobo I will die on this hill
    Ironic how the series is trying to slam the OG Young Justice for being problematic yet excludes the only black character on the team and puts her on a lineup with the villains...........

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Ironic how the series is trying to slam the OG Young Justice for being problematic yet excludes the only black character on the team and puts her on a lineup with the villains...........
    Other than Mighty Endowed, a poor pun and character to be sure, what exactly was problematic about the series?

Cissie said something about beating up victimized women, but I don't recall that at all (though granted, I don't have every issue).

I mean, don't get me wrong. The characters were utter douche bags to one another, ALL THE TIME, but I don't recall any of that falling under racism or what have you.

Other than Mighty Endowed, a poor pun and character to be sure, what exactly was problematic about the series?

Cissie said something about beating up victimized women, but I don't recall that at all (though granted, I don't have every issue).

I mean, don't get me wrong. The characters were utter douche bags to one another, ALL THE TIME, but I don't recall any of that falling under racism or what have you.
    Yeah they were douchebags because they were TEENAGERS! They were immature kids and that was the entire point of the series. "Sin of Youth" had Cassie say something on the lines of "adults treat us like kids but they expect us to act like adults"

And as for the racism angle, there was an entire issue about Traya being bullied because a schoolmate's parent's were murdered by terrorists in Bialya, Traya's home country (and this was written a few months after 9/11 so the bullying of a middle eastern girl was topical)

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3pRSxAcF2...Wp4s5J1W=s1600

As for the victimized women, the only victimized woman I could think of is Cissie herself, and she was being abused by her own mother. But the comics showed a lot of nuance, showing that Bonnie does love her daughter but was projecting her own failures onto her daughter. (god this comic is so good!)

This whole series was written about 20 years ago and it is far more progressive than this trash fire can ever hope to be.
    Last edited by SomeRandomSmartA55; 09-26-2022 at 07:20 PM.

Mighty Member

Mighty Endowed was meant to be a satire on over-sexualized female characters.

They never beat up women or people from other countries. The only time I recall is them invading a country full of supervillains which harbored a Nazi........

Sure there was some stuff that didn't age well but is more of a problem with the 90's than the series itself and wasn't a defining aspect/core feature.

Hell they even fought incels like the people who murdered Cissie's teacher and called out politicians who do nothing on gun control...........

Ultimate Member

Yeah they were douchebags because they were TEENAGERS! They were immature kids and that was the entire point of the series. "Sin of Youth" had Cassie say something on the lines of "adults treat us like kids but they expect us to act like adults"

And as for the racism angle, there was an entire issue about Traya being bullied because a schoolmate's parent's were murdered by terrorists in Bialya, Traya's home country (and this was written a few months after 9/11 so the bullying of a middle eastern girl was topical)

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3pRSxAcF2...Wp4s5J1W=s1600

As for the victimized women, the only victimized woman I could think of is Cissie herself, and she was being abused by her own mother. But the comics showed a lot of nuance, showing that Bonnie does love her daughter but was projecting her own failures onto her daughter. (god this comic is so good!)

This whole series was written about 20 years ago and it is far more progressive than this trash fire can ever hope to be.
    Don't get me wrong, I loved that they were douchebags to one another, it made the series different from every other series out there.

Agree on the other points, I was just wondering. I don't have every single issue, but I have a good number of them.

Yeah I love it when they bicker too, but Dark Crisis is not having them bicker they are just acting like whiny little brats to each other, and saying that the fake world is for immature little boys, which missed the entire point of the original series*

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    And, I don't particularly mind critiques of things that have happened in comics but this is being written without actually looking at what happened in the series.

The exclusion of Empress is ridiculous and the fact she was placed in a line-up of villains lets me know Fitzerman really didn't do her research.

She could've made a great point of Empress being thrown aside once they became Titans (a slap in the face to writers for barely utilizing her), but nothing.

Even in the event we get a good run with the YJ cast I doubt we'll be seeing her. The show avoided her for four seasons and they've brought in characters with even less relevancy.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Fitzmartin just made it up.

The original YJ trio formed after some white teenage boy got possessed by a genie and split the world into adults and kids. Then there's the Secret one-shot against the DEA. When the series starts they fight Mighty Endowed once, then Cassie joins and the fight the alien who previously had the Super Cycle. When Cissie joins, they fight Ruin or w/e his name was. Then it's pretty much male villains like the demon from Supergirl and the guy who was brainwashing kids to murder their parents and Mxy.
    "Cable was right!"

For a second I thought you were talking about Roy but then I remembered Emiko is a thing…now I learned something. It’s not perfect but to my knowledge Flatline is the first “relationship” he had but please if you know more correct me. I still would have chosen Damian over Tim to be the “queer Robin” partially because Damian will always be known as Bruce’s son first and foremost, I fear that Tim is just gonna be known as the queer one from now on
    Hmm maybe to like the older crowd. People in there 40s and up... but young people largely don't view sexuality like that. They don't have the same prejudice or hang ups...

When I think of Alan Scott I never think, "oh the gay one..."