Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Not gonna lie.
    This book has been a HUGE letdown for me.
    First Bendis' BORING take, now this.

I'm also very disappointed with the way Tim's sexuality is being portrayed.
    It's suddenly become the ONLY thing the writer wants to focus on, which is crappy enough, but the fact it's being written so poorly makes it an incredibly hard slog every month.
    I wasn't sold on the reveal in the first place (it read to me more as shock value than an actual progression of the character) and I'm yet to read ANYTHING that has warmed me to the idea.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I kinda thought as much. I mean, it's not like Cassie, Kon, Tim and Bart disappeared, they just went to another book
    And Tim still had his solo book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member SomeRandomSmartA55's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Not gonna lie.
    This book has been a HUGE letdown for me.
    First Bendis' BORING take, now this.

I'm also very disappointed with the way Tim's sexuality is being portrayed.
    It's suddenly become the ONLY thing the writer wants to focus on, which is crappy enough, but the fact it's being written so poorly makes it an incredibly hard slog every month.
    I wasn't sold on the reveal in the first place (it read to me more as shock value than an actual progression of the character) and I'm yet to read ANYTHING that has warmed me to the idea.
    I honestly thought we hit a low point with “The Drake” but…yeah this series takes the cake.

That’s the worst part with Tim, we could’ve had something really groundbreaking but instead we just get someone’s fanfiction.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You mean Linda? Because Kara has had two periods using the Danvers name too (most of her existence pre-Crisis, and in Rebirth). And that was actually Matrix in the crossover anyway.
    Oh I didn't know about that. In most of my pre-Crisis Supergirl stories I read she doesn't use her civilian form.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Hmm maybe to like the older crowd. People in there 40s and up... but young people largely don't view sexuality like that. They don't have the same prejudice or hang ups...

When I think of Alan Scott I never think, "oh the gay one..."
    I don't either but I think that is because it was handled and written well. Alan had a great story that revealed he was gay. A beautiful story in that GL special. And after the fact it comes up when organic to the story. It feels like with Tim it has become ALL we hear and read about him lately is his sexuality. To me at least. I love how it was handled with Alan.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    I don't either but I think that is because it was handled and written well. Alan had a great story that revealed he was gay. A beautiful story in that GL special. And after the fact it comes up when organic to the story. It feels like with Tim it has become ALL we hear and read about him lately is his sexuality. To me at least. I love how it was handled with Alan.
    Alan Scott is a textbook example of how to properly handle a change in a character’s sexuality.

Bobby Drake is a textbook example of how NOT to do it.

Tim is in-between the two, but in my opinion is leaning a little more towards Bobby in terms of execution.
    Last edited by SomeRandomSmartA55; 10-06-2022 at 08:31 AM.

The other thing is that, to the extent that there have been stories featuring Alan Scott at all, they've had other things to focus on than his sexuality. Correct me if I'm won't; but I don't think his sexuality has come up even once in Dark Crisis. And when it came up in Infinite Frontier, it did so in the context of him bonding with his son as they were looking for Jade. It was there in the story; but it wasn't the thing that everything else revolves around.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Oh I didn't know about that. In most of my pre-Crisis Supergirl stories I read she doesn't use her civilian form.
    Well we are talking a very big period of time there, three decades. It was Linda Lee originally, then Linda Lee Danvers when she was adopted. As far as I know that name was consistently used, alongside her Kryptonian name Kara Zor-El of course, until she was killed in Crisis. She then had several different civilian names after bring rebooted in 2005, finally settling on Kara Danvers in Rebirth six years ago. Since that run ended, she hasn't really bothered with a secret identity. Was it the same in the 1980s?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-06-2022 at 09:22 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    Yeah, with Alan it made sense. Of course he'd hide his true sexuality in the 1940s, homosexuality was illegal back then. He almost certainly waited for his second wife to die of old age before coming out to his kids, one of whom is gay himself. Him getting married at all served two purposes - it hides that he was gay, and it was an attempt to reform his villains (his first wife who ran off was Thorn, his second was the first Harlequin).

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well we are talking a very big period of time there, three decades. It was Linda Lee originally, then Linda Lee Danvers when she was adopted. As far as I know that name was consistently used, alongside her Kryptonian name Kara Zor-El of course, until she was killed in Crisis. She then had several different civilian names after bring rebooted in 2005, finally settling on Kara Danvers in Rebirth six years ago. Since that run ended, she hasn't really bothered with a secret identity. Was it the same in the 1980s?
    The post-Crisis Supergirl didn't bother worth a formal secret identity at first (though I believe that while she was staying with Clark's parents, they referred to her as “Mae”, an abbreviation of “Matrix”). It wasn't until Peter David's run in the 90s that she became Linda Danvers.
    Rogue wears rouge.

I don't know, I just take this book as a convoluted mess because of Mxy Jr manipulating them and their psyche just for fun, not as a defining take on who they actually are.

…which means that it's not what the YJ fans were hoping for.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Or what they marketed this as. Which begs the question…WHY MAKE IT?!

Apparently, because Fitzmartin wanted to vent.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Dark crisis Young Justice is way more interesting than Dark Crisis IMO. Everyone knows what Fitzmartin is trying to do because she isn't subtle at all.

I laughed so hard when Batman in issue #2 said Tim was going through a phase.