Mighty Member

Default Conner Kent

CONNER KENT

Some things which DC MUST DO with Conner:
    -Age him up
    -Bring him back together with Cassie as couple
    -team up again with Bart, Tim and Cassie
    -add a good Team Member 5 and 6 to the 4
    -give him a good fitting new Code-name (without -Boy,-Lad etc.)
    -give him a unique personality, because nowadays he lacks of personality
    -let him become a leading, mature member of the Superheroes
    -bring his TTK back as Extra-Power
    -bring also back his popularity among the people as Superstar, handsome guy
    -show that he has also skills besides his Superpowers
    -give him new feats

My perfect Idea would be:

-Codename Saviour 13 (Tim used Saviour as Codename, Saviour begins with S and 13 he was called Subject 13 or Experiment 13 and the 13 sounds mystical etc.) It would perfectly fit him also as adult

-Using the BLUE ELECTRO SUPERMAN Design as Costume, I like the Val-Zod Design and Conners Design could then be similar.
    https://www.cbr.com/superman-electri...-not-superman/
    So practically making his Suit blue and white like the Electric Blue Superman and keep the white Elements. I also like the electric Superman S Logo which is more like a lightning and looks more futuristic.
    The Blue-White Outfit would give him a cool aura and the S from the Electric Superman would differentiate him from the rest of the Family.

-Move back to Hawaii or Miami or Los Angeles (Cities which have different vibe than Metropolis) and where he can be alone together with Cassie and start his own life. Like getting to college, moving in his first apartment with Cassie etc.

-give him the intelligence of Lex and let him grow up, mature and become a leading member of the Superheroes

-give him an unique personality, show that he is different to Lex/Clark…at the moment he is boring, because he lacks of personality. I like the Idea that he is in the middle between the 2, not being a perfect boyscout like Clark, but also sharing views with Lex, but logically NOT being a villain.
    I like the Idea that he on the one hand likes Harleys, Metal, Punk, Hard-Rock etc. and on the other hand is also interested in art, books, science….

-he also needs TTK as Extra-Power back (independent of Solar-Energy) so he has more possibilities to solve problems and a different fight-style. People also said that his TTK is the only logical solution to save airplanes etc. because with TTK you can lift things without them being destroyed by their own weight.

-I am also a fan of him getting a nickname like All American Ace, Batman has the nickname Dark Knight, Superman has the nickname Man of Steel..

TBH at this point I’d be okay w. Kon heading to the 31st century and joining the LoSH. it’s been teased and touched on for decades now.

No offense to Jonathan Kent but I’m never gonna like him as much as I do Kon, and as soon as he was introduced Jonathan made Kon superfluous in the eyes of a lot of readers.

If DC wants to go w. Jonathan to push whatever agenda they’re currently involved w. that’s fine, but Kon deserves SOMEthing for his years of service.

Just some of what i'll suggest

-Name change; something new

-Keep the leather jacket but you can change the costume underneath
    -I really like the DCAMU version of it Collage-2021-11-05-09-04-36-2.jpg

-Send him back to Hawaii and have that island city be his Metropolis and world build that a bit

-Personality have him have Lex Arrogance & intelligence but also ensure he has underlining of Clark compassion and fortitude

-Would like a new supporting cast maybe even new love interest but keeping Cassie is fine either way just cut down the YJ appearances and bring back Dubbilex as his guardian

-A rogue galley maybe have the resurrections of Cadmus (are they destroy?) and their creating more supervillains/weapons once more

-Despite him having adventures in Hawaii make sure he still interact and be around Clark and superfam. Just like the batman fam you can have them connected and crossover with each other and emphasize Conner importance and relationship with Superman while being independent. Also acknowledge that he is his son never understood where the "little brother" thing came from and doesn't even make sense since they always refer Lex as his father

-Don't know why i got to say this but no batman related characters. like it annoying in SSOK and it annoying to see that every part of the mythos has to dip into it so have him interact with characters that not just Tim

-Have him have hobbies and apparition outside being a hero that not just scientist (i feel that more a kara thing than anyone else). Maybe having him go down a media route

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post

-Send him back to Hawaii and have that island city be his Metropolis and world build that a bit
    ^^^Setting him up in Hawaii was one of the best ideas put forth in Kon's first ongoing, so yes i'd be down for that.

make sure he still interact and be around Clark and superfam.
    ^^^I'd def. prefer Kon keep his distance.
    Like Power Girl, close proximity to the Superman family just highlights Kon's odd person out status.
    Also like PG, Kon doesn't actually NEED the Superman family to be fun and entertaining. Acknowledge the connection sure, but dont rush to start shoehorning them into a new Haswaii set ongoing. Not all families see each other all the time, and that's fine.

-Don't know why i got to say this but no batman related characters.
    ^^^That ALWAYS needs to be said.

Spectacular Member

I still feel that with Tim being revealed to be bisexual it makes sense to explore Connor's sexuality a bit more and to clarify whether any of Tim's repressed feelings for Connor may in fact be reciprocated.

some good ideas, pretty widely desired ideas here.

hawaii
    new hero name
    rogues
    arrogance /cockiness and virtue and hopefulness
    supporting cast (easy when he has had plenty in all his series)
    show him to be more human than any other SUPER(even though he had the most unnatural beginning)
    I would have him look and build of the YJ shows Conner or the Geoff era Conner. he was cloned to look exactly like a 6'3 230lbs guy and he should be 18 to 21 years old, he should start looking like he is getting to that size at some point.
    his look should be either A- YJ series season 2 thru last season look with a black leather jacket on, or B- the reign of the Supermen movie suit, but with red lines up his bottom half and into his waist, fingerless gloves, the black in the S shield, and it would look perfect
    TTK and kryptonian powers together PERIOD.

Additions=
    Lex green eyes because lex is arrogant as hell.
    wearing the sunglasses to hide those green eyes
    S barcode shield tattoo, worked for the new 52 and Titans show SB, and cool way to show he is a clone
    TTK, isn't just touch TK, but also touch psychic scanning/reading. make the touch part of the power more prominent by having him do more with it.
    -he can read his own DNA with it, so he has epigentic memory (access to memories and intelligence)
    -scan any object, entire buildings, drinks, things xray vison cant see thru, peoples minds
    -feel things on a micro vibrational level
    -reads his Superhearing and turns it into sonar type pictures in his mind (so he doesn't need telescopic vison)

kryptonian powers I would either A- keep all the powers at full power, but with the slower absorbing flaw, or B- have him be like YJ series physically, BUT instead of all the super senses, only have super hearing and replace them with heat vision. 2 reasons, 1 being he is a solar battery so having heat vision makes sense, and 2 being that in his original run hat vision and super hearing was the 2 and only 2 kryptonian powers that his older versions of him (black zero and Sins of Youth) had, so I will always want them as part of his powerset regardless of what they do wth it.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    CONNER KENT

Some things which DC MUST DO with Conner:
    -Age him up
    -Bring him back together with Cassie as couple
    -team up again with Bart, Tim and Cassie
    -add a good Team Member 5 and 6 to the 4
    -give him a good fitting new Code-name (without -Boy,-Lad etc.)
    -give him a unique personality, because nowadays he lacks of personality
    -let him become a leading, mature member of the Superheroes
    -bring his TTK back as Extra-Power
    -bring also back his popularity among the people as Superstar, handsome guy
    -show that he has also skills besides his Superpowers
    -give him new feats

My perfect Idea would be:

-Codename Saviour 13 (Tim used Saviour as Codename, Saviour begins with S and 13 he was called Subject 13 or Experiment 13 and the 13 sounds mystical etc.) It would perfectly fit him also as adult

-Using the BLUE ELECTRO SUPERMAN Design as Costume, I like the Val-Zod Design and Conners Design could then be similar.
    https://www.cbr.com/superman-electri...-not-superman/
    So practically making his Suit blue and white like the Electric Blue Superman and keep the white Elements. I also like the electric Superman S Logo which is more like a lightning and looks more futuristic.
    The Blue-White Outfit would give him a cool aura and the S from the Electric Superman would differentiate him from the rest of the Family.

-Move back to Hawaii or Miami or Los Angeles (Cities which have different vibe than Metropolis) and where he can be alone together with Cassie and start his own life. Like getting to college, moving in his first apartment with Cassie etc.

-give him the intelligence of Lex and let him grow up, mature and become a leading member of the Superheroes

-give him an unique personality, show that he is different to Lex/Clark…at the moment he is boring, because he lacks of personality. I like the Idea that he is in the middle between the 2, not being a perfect boyscout like Clark, but also sharing views with Lex, but logically NOT being a villain.
    I like the Idea that he on the one hand likes Harleys, Metal, Punk, Hard-Rock etc. and on the other hand is also interested in art, books, science….
    no ownwership
    -he also needs TTK as Extra-Power back (independent of Solar-Energy) so he has more possibilities to solve problems and a different fight-style. People also said that his TTK is the only logical solution to save airplanes etc. because with TTK you can lift things without them being destroyed by their own weight.

-I am also a fan of him getting a nickname like All American Ace, Batman has the nickname Dark Knight, Superman has the nickname Man of Steel..
    At the very least, grant Tim, Bart, and especially Cassie the dignity of having their own stories and character development instead of shoving them into the role of being Connor Kent's supporting cast just because you cannot accept that their particular version of the Teen Titans ended years ago.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    I still feel that with Tim being revealed to be bisexual it makes sense to explore Connor's sexuality a bit more and to clarify whether any of Tim's repressed feelings for Connor may in fact be reciprocated.
    That would make zero sense, just as it does for Tim. There is nothing to explore when you look at his history of being more straight than a line.

Yeah, Conner's a shameless flirt. He definitely likes women, not men.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    That would make zero sense, just as it does for Tim. There is nothing to explore when you look at his history of being more straight than a line.
    I've gone over this in other threads, but there have been more instances than you can count of a "raging heterosexual" actually being secretly gay to overcompensate. It's not out of the bounds of plausibility. Just look at Bobby Drake/Iceman.

I've gone over this in other threads, but there have been more instances than you can count of a "raging heterosexual" actually being secretly gay to overcompensate. It's not out of the bounds of plausibility. Just look at Bobby Drake/Iceman.
    Sometimes dudes are just horny and aren’t secretly gay, no matter how much you wish they were. Like Tony Stark for example, someone else who a lot of people wish was gay and in a relationship with Cap. You have plenty of fanfic to read at least.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sometimes dudes are just horny and aren’t secretly gay, no matter how much you wish they were. Like Tony Stark for example, someone else who a lot of people wish was gay and in a relationship with Cap. You have plenty of fanfic to read at least.
    I'm really tired of people who assume male characters are just overcompensating for being gay when they act overtly attracted to women.

And we've all been over this again. Some guys overcompensate to hide sure, but the rest are just horny straight dudes. Unless of course horny straight guys don't exist? It seems mainly the people pushing this are primarily Tim Drake fans. They want to see everything revolve around Tim. They want to make Conner queer so he can hook up with Tim. Just for their ship. All for Tim. Conner has always been in to women. They've been described as his Kryptonite. He has never been into dudes. Never had thoughts or shown to be interested. We've seen his history and been inside his head numerous times.

Checking out women with his x-ray specs.

Mind going blank around Roxy.

His girl chasing was originally explained to come from Westfield before retcon. Smallville even brought this up as him inheriting the Luthor libido when he was hot for Lois. Remember the heat vision boner he got when he saw her.

Don't bother. The whiny, phobic replies always swarm in whenever someone brings this up.

Getting Conner a new series would be a great chance to explore him being bi or pansexual though.
    I don't think taking him back to Hawaii would be the best move though. He left there for a reason.
    I'd set him up in California. Maybe LA specifically for a home base but not staying there all the time. Plenty of space to explore his own identity both as 'Superboy' and as 'Conner' and make a mark for himself in the eyes of the general public in universe. Definitely have him get into some new skills and hobbies outside superheroics. And take care of some problems besides just supervillains and disasters.
    A new codename sounds nice and all but in the end I don't think it would work. Most fan-names I've run across either sound too bland or unwieldy. And we don't want to give DC any more excuses or openings to erase Kon's connection to the Super-family and leave him out of stuff. He should either stick with Superboy or jump up to Superman.
    I do think he needs a costume redesign. Nothing radical like the terrible Nu52 tron suit or lazy like a t-shirt and jeans or just copying Clark's suit but taking some of his older costumes and giving them a modern twist could work.
    He could use a supporting cast...as doomed as they'd likely be to fade into comic limbo (that's just how things go)...but maybe like a non-super friend or two, a fellow crime fighter (thinking someone new or a C or D lister teen hero making a return) as his standard cast. Perhaps bring back Dubbilex as well. Not as a guardian or mentor but just a friend/support. That's not to say cut him off from the YJ crew, they should definitely still be connected to Kon. A couple guest appearances in his book here and there. Have them get together as a proper team in a different book though. They shouldn't be a constant appearance but Kon texting his friends or say calling Tim when a Gotham baddie comes up or sending a message Cassie's way when some mythological mishap happens should happen. And I'd have the other Supers keep their distance...at least physically so they don't overshadow Kon's solo act. Sure have them hop over for crossovers and family stuff but them guest appearing (at least for anything Superheroic) should be even less frequent than Kon's other friends.
    I don't think he's ever lost his TTK. Writers just stopped using it for some reason. It got brought up pre-nu52, even getting confirmed as not needing a Yellow Sunlight charge to work. Its definitely something I'd explore, Kon using his TTK more combined with the standard Kryptonian powerset. Finding ways to weave them together as well as figuring out more to do with his TTK itself.

One thing I think could be something for Kon to get involved with...dealing with the Match situation. Guy started degrading after getting Jokerized, turned into a crappy Bizarro clone, used and abused, killed off panel by Prime, dissected and cloned by Zookeeper (if I remember right), and then ended up in that dumpster fire of a Suicide Squad book as mass produced, horribly abused clones for Waller. Kon maybe tracking down all his wayward clone 'brothers' and dealing with that whole mess could be something interesting to get into.