Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

This issue was chef's kisses perfection 100/10

The pacing, the flow, the characterisation, the artists (I didn't miss Caselli, though I thought I would) the story-beats...EVERYthing was on point.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    What happened to that stupid Pogg Ur-Pogg everyone was obsessed with?
    Turns out he was just a tiny evil guy in a giant organic demonic mech suit. Seems all interest in him fizzled out after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Opposing a resurrection that will prevent trillions of deaths in a civil war because it's "unethical" is the most absurd ethics I've seen in a long time, tbh. Good comic, even Xavier had a good moment for him.
    We know Orbis is a shady double agent working with Brand so of course it will want to destabalise the Imperiums as much as it can for her sake.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

At one point when i was reading, my brain shifted to hearing "tears in heaven" while i was still reading and that to me is freaking fantastic. 12/10.

And please please please let this lead to a Guardians of the Galaxy with a home base on Arrako written by ewing. I mean richard is tasked with protecting sol, so let's go!

Oh and that hint of Genesis eventual return, just the implications of the statue and the "never see this sacred land" from Planet size makes me thingk of what kind of stakes would get Genesis back in her seat.
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-29-2022 at 08:44 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

He is not a mutant from Arakko, he is a demon from Amenth. He is in Amenth with the White Sword, Apocalypse, Genesis and all that until a writer wants to use them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    We know Orbis is a shady double agent working with Brand so of course it will want to destabalise the Imperiums as much as it can for her sake.
    Also befitting a large galactic empire ruled by a feudal system in a fictional action oriented universe.

Reminds me to Discworld where these kinds casual reasons for war mentalities were parodied with the nobility of Ankh Morpork which was valuing the "success" of their battles based on how glorious they looked, rather than who won. Including feeling comming back with more than 50% of your own troops alive was unsporting, because it reduced the numbers of "glorious casulties"

I didn't remember that Orbis worked for Brand. Then Brand just wanted to install Vulcan as a Puppet Emperor there.

Magneto and Storm have flipped the script and are major badasses. Willing to sacrifice their immortality to solidify their places on the Great Ring. "If we are to defend Arakko, we must be of Arakko." Ewing is hitting it out of the park.

I love Wrongslide and I like that this issue is addressing some of the very things we've been discussing about resurrection. He's happy to be alive and wanting to one day on Otherworld so that another being can enjoy life is sweet. I hope he takes up Roberto's offer and joins the Brotherhood as it's always good to have a bruiser.

Orbis Stellaris can get bent and we know it is playing games with Brand. Of course it wants war, shady ass sphere. Xavier catching Xandra's cry and ordering Sinister to cook up her DNA was powerful. It is done, no debate.

LOL @ Lactuca no-showing the meeting, uninterested.

I'm enjoying this slow-build to Judgment Day and Rider sensing the storm approaching and wanting to spend time on Arakko.

Ready to see what Cable, Thunderbird, Manifold are up to!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ha!...Exactatiously. @Grunty

I don’t know if I would feel comfortable calling him Wrongslide, but I would since that’s what he is comfortable with, but I would give him hugs and kisses and tell him he is loved.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Oh man, can Al Ewing do no wrong? X-Men Red feels so densely plotted, with so many characters, sub-plots and settings, and yet it doesn't read in any way convulted; bringing in stuff from other books just makes it feel all the more fulfilling. All while keeping a firm focus on its characters who are written just so superbly all the time.

Astonishing Member

Pogg’s an deamon; not a mutant (Amenthi or Arakkii)

This issue was chef's kisses perfection 100/10

The pacing, the flow, the characterisation, the artists (I didn't miss Caselli, though I thought I would) the story-beats...EVERYthing was on point.
    Absolutely chef's kiss. Divine stuff right here.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Magneto and Storm have flipped the script and are major badasses. Willing to sacrifice their immortality to solidify their places on the Great Ring. "If we are to defend Arakko, we must be of Arakko." Ewing is hitting it out of the park.

I love Wrongslide and I like that this issue is addressing some of the very things we've been discussing about resurrection. He's happy to be alive and wanting to one day on Otherworld so that another being can enjoy life is sweet. I hope he takes up Roberto's offer and joins the Brotherhood as it's always good to have a bruiser.

Orbis Stellaris can get bent and we know it is playing games with Brand. Of course it wants war, shady ass sphere. Xavier catching Xandra's cry and ordering Sinister to cook up her DNA was powerful. It is done, no debate.

LOL @ Lactuca no-showing the meeting, uninterested.

I'm enjoying this slow-build to Judgment Day and Rider sensing the storm approaching and wanting to spend time on Arakko.

Ready to see what Cable, Thunderbird, Manifold are up to!
    That art was on point with mangeto expressions. Did you see the pride on magneto face when he was like "Ororo is the queen of Sol." and the "Ororo would have a problem with that." Yaaaaaaaaaas this duo is just dynamic!

I think LAtuca didn't go for a reason. IT was very telling how her eyes kept being shown in the frame where magneto was talking. Almost like she wanted to be there to witness that moment. Also latuca was right, the meeting was pointless cause mutants already did they thing but like Storm said, good to know these things early.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    I don’t know if I would feel comfortable calling him Wrongslide, but I would since that’s what he is comfortable with, but I would give him hugs and kisses and tell him he is loved.
    Definitely kinda messed up that that’s the name they want us to go with considering that Wrongslide is basically an insult at the fact that he came back wrong. Curious as to when he started to show higher functioning intelligence considering that any time we saw him before, he always seemed to be in a state where you couldn’t tell if he even had sentience. I do have to wonder if they’re gonna do something with him or find some way to bring back the original Rockslide. Given that he came back wrong, perhaps Santo’s original soul is out there. Maybe the Waiting Room could be the key to allowing them to both exist simultaneously.